October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by CamR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! It is very pigmented and smooth, and has a beautiful brown/silver finish that compliments my hazel eyes very well. I really like the packaging: it is very small and compact and easy for travelling or just not taking up too much room in your makeup collection. I will definitely repurchase this eyeshadow when it is used up, but I don't think that will be any time soon, as you really don't need much of this product due to the amazing pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE the WNW Coloricon shadows... they are seriously a God send to us girls who cant afford Mac, Urban Decay etc. I dont mind at all anymore since owning these shadows bc i know it cant get much better than these...
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Coloricon single shadows will be found at most drugstores being CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as most Walmart stores. It will depend on your area as well. Whats amazing about the single shadows is they are only $1.99- yes less than $2 for a whole bunch of amazing shadow- yes please!! The price will vary slightly depending on sales/discounts/coupons as well as location.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Nutty, oh what a beautiful color! This shadow is on my top 10 list & i have to say WNW hit it right on the head w/ this shadow esp. Nutty is a gray brown w/ purple undertones. A mid tone taupe. Its a taupe that is UNIVERSALLY flattering on all skin tones & looks incredible in many ways. Its multidimensional. If you place it all over the lid, it will catch the light, looking lighter but then placed in the crease, the color will deepen & darken. Its so amazing to see how many different ways this can make a look. It Its a great affordable dupe of Mac Satin Taupe eyeshadow that would cost you $14 or so- this is a must have taupe eyeshadow! i love my taupes & this one looks amazing no matter how you use it! it can make a more neutral eye or be smoked out to create more dramatic smoky eyes! The formula is super buttery smooth. Its so easy & nice to apply & blend. Also pairing this w/ different color bases will also give you even more different colors to the shadow. Pigmentation is unreal & so great. unreal that its drugstore. Staying power is wonderful- on its own is def 6 hrs or more Add a primer & a cream base- you will have to remove this shadow with a wipe or a remover. it stays fresh & beautiful!
=PACKAGING=
This is a hard hard plastic mini compact in the shape of a square. black shiny logo/name/info is located on the sticker on the back. the front is see thru. Snap closure which sometimes is super hard to open on the one i own. I know some say its not hard to open theirs but most of mine are so hard to open. i dunno if its my nails or the packaging. the pan size is awesome. its a little bigger than a quarter & the pan is pretty deep so you get an incredible amount of shadow. to be exact- you will have 0.06oz or 1.17grams- it will take forever for me to get thru this. I love how much you get. super nice. I wish it was a little easier to open. thats all bc ive cracked a little bit of the shadow so i had to press it down a bit w/ some spritz of alcohol. but other than that- these are so incredible. i wish they'd release more of these single shadows. *Which they just did release a set of shimmer singles? i can never find these new items so hopefully ill find them somewhere & review those as well.
Overall, NUTTY is a MUST HAVE! if you dont own it- run to the store & pick it up. I will almost guarentee that you will really love it as much as me. Its just such a unique color. If you always wanted macs satin taupe, then get this & play around w/ it before investing in some crazy $14 eyeshadow- ha crazy... I will forever love WNW and & Nutty is a true performer!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by KilluhXCee

I absolutely love nutty! I have to say this is a amazing eyeshadow from the drugstore that is under 3 dollars. it makes a amazing lid color thats been compared to satin taupe. honestly I perfer this over the lid color in the maybeline natural smokes quad cause I feel even with primer that one does not show up.
The thing I really dislike but also like about the shadow is that its super soft. Its a good thing because it makes it alot easier to pick up and easier to blend but the bad thing is it crumbles really easy. My first one crumbled so bad I had to put it in my everyday minerals sample jar to savor it (put those containers to use ladies!).Also the package has a love & hate relationship with me.
so I love that the package is extremely study but its also hard to open and despite it being so study its still manages to crack my eyeshadows whenever I drop it. Again W&W please work on this. So do I believe its a staple yes. But I really wish wet&wild would fix the crumbling problem other then that its absolutely amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

Wet n' Wild is just a brand with some great shadows.
Nutty is a shimmery taupe brown shade
Very pigmented, good quality, and affordable price.
Great product and EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT OUT!
Beautiful on the lids or in the crease, versatile shade and formula!
GET THIS ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome eye shadow for the price but it will never be a true dupe for MAC's satin taupe in my heart! It is a great taupe to have in your collection though.. and at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Nutty shows up on me as a cool light taupe with silver shimmer. I love it because light catches the silver and brightens my face. This shadow is my go-to for a one-color cool-toned eye look. This and mascara and I am ready to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

WOW. so cheap, great payoff, super soft. You cant go wrong with this. Plus I think it is a dupe with Satin Taupe from MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great all-over the lid neutral shade. I love to apply it all over the lid and blend it into the crease for a soft but still put-together look. It is shimmery, but it doesn't have chunky shimmer or anything like that, so it still works well in the crease. Every time I use this eyeshadow someone asks me what it is. I have very warm skin, and I do not find that this shade competes with my skin or my eye color (warm green). It has a nice texture, blends well, decent pigmentation. I give it four lipsticks because it is so soft that it breaks incredibly easily. I depot all of my WnW singles and keep them in a Uni palette. I don't drop my palette, and I don't abuse anything, but this shadow broke inside the Uni palette just out of nowhere. It's a nice color, nice shadow at a very good price, so I would certainly repurchase, and the product's tendency to crumble isn't that problematic because it's easily replaced without costing too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Woo hoo!!! I finally found nutty today! After so many reviews on mua praising it's glory I went on the hunt for it. Walgreens is discontinuing these single shades at least here in SF they are so they are all marked down to $1.29 final clearance! Which means no store had more than like 2 and were in Blanc (shimmery white) or an emerald green. Maybe. Then today low and behold I found the last 1! it was meant to be. Hey I paid the price going to like 15 walgreens to find it!
All I can say is WOW! Satin taupe from Mac I used to wear all the time but when I ran out I didn't buy it again as I try not jot spend a lot on eye shadows. So I switched to other colors but I have missed it. This one is the closest one I have ever seen! And it's sooooo pigmented!!! I swatched it on my hand as soon as I got home and it was amazing even without a primer or base! I can't wait to use it! It's so creamy too and blends super awesome. The color is sooo pretty. I am in love with it!! Go get it why you can. I think wnw is doing some changes to their products and packaging (I hope so at least!) so in case they change their colors or formula this is. MUST have!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I won't say too much because the important points have been covered by other reviewers. This eyeshadow is high-quality, but it is NOT neutral. On my yellow-toned NC15-ish skin (think really light East Asian), it shows up as a very reddish muddy taupe with frost. Not neutral at all, and absolutely unattractive against my skin. However, I'm giving it a high rating because of its good quality and lack of fall-out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No