July 24, 2014 | 1607 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

WOW. so cheap, great payoff, super soft. You cant go wrong with this. Plus I think it is a dupe with Satin Taupe from MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great all-over the lid neutral shade. I love to apply it all over the lid and blend it into the crease for a soft but still put-together look. It is shimmery, but it doesn't have chunky shimmer or anything like that, so it still works well in the crease. Every time I use this eyeshadow someone asks me what it is. I have very warm skin, and I do not find that this shade competes with my skin or my eye color (warm green). It has a nice texture, blends well, decent pigmentation. I give it four lipsticks because it is so soft that it breaks incredibly easily. I depot all of my WnW singles and keep them in a Uni palette. I don't drop my palette, and I don't abuse anything, but this shadow broke inside the Uni palette just out of nowhere. It's a nice color, nice shadow at a very good price, so I would certainly repurchase, and the product's tendency to crumble isn't that problematic because it's easily replaced without costing too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Woo hoo!!! I finally found nutty today! After so many reviews on mua praising it's glory I went on the hunt for it. Walgreens is discontinuing these single shades at least here in SF they are so they are all marked down to $1.29 final clearance! Which means no store had more than like 2 and were in Blanc (shimmery white) or an emerald green. Maybe. Then today low and behold I found the last 1! it was meant to be. Hey I paid the price going to like 15 walgreens to find it!
All I can say is WOW! Satin taupe from Mac I used to wear all the time but when I ran out I didn't buy it again as I try not jot spend a lot on eye shadows. So I switched to other colors but I have missed it. This one is the closest one I have ever seen! And it's sooooo pigmented!!! I swatched it on my hand as soon as I got home and it was amazing even without a primer or base! I can't wait to use it! It's so creamy too and blends super awesome. The color is sooo pretty. I am in love with it!! Go get it why you can. I think wnw is doing some changes to their products and packaging (I hope so at least!) so in case they change their colors or formula this is. MUST have!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I won't say too much because the important points have been covered by other reviewers. This eyeshadow is high-quality, but it is NOT neutral. On my yellow-toned NC15-ish skin (think really light East Asian), it shows up as a very reddish muddy taupe with frost. Not neutral at all, and absolutely unattractive against my skin. However, I'm giving it a high rating because of its good quality and lack of fall-out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Like a few other reviewers, I bought Wet 'n' Wild's Nutty Color Icon shadow clearanced at Walgreens. I'd seen a lot of great reviews for it here at MUA, but had never picked it up, based on past experience with taupe shades. I'm glad I gave this a try.

As a fair-skinned redhead, it's difficult to find a taupe shade that doesn't disappear on me, or make me look washed out, but Nutty is an exception to that rule. It's a warm taupe that looks shimmery (but not too shimmery) and "glowy" on my lids. I pair it with a dark brown liner (usually NYC Waterproof liner in Dark Brown), a couple coats of L'Oreal's Volumious mascara, and I'm good to go.

I took off one lippie because, despite using a primer underneath, this shadow does not last anymore than 6 hours at the most before creasing and fading. But for the price, that's trifling argument, really!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Perfect taupe for everyday. If I'm heading out to dinner after work, my eye makeup only consist of Nutty, Sigma E25 brush, mascara and UB 24/7 Liner in Bourbon.
Lunch date with friends, all you need is Nutty and some Mascara, and there you have it, simple doe eye!
This is a must have Taupe for everyone!
It's a shame that Wet'N'Wild is not available in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I bought a couple of the singles when they were being clearanced out of Walgreens, I think to make room for new Wet n' Wild products, since they are still stocked at other stores.

This is a lovely taupe shade. It applys smoothly and has a nice texture. It is powdery, which can be expected from such an inexpensive shadow. I frequently use this as a one color wash when I am getting ready for work and don't have much time for an eye look.

I hate the way this is packaged. Mine does not open easily and I usually need to use the end of my comb to pop it open. I suspect this would shatter easily if dropped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Such a beautiful taupe color, it has a slight shimmer and great pigmentation. I got mine at Walgreens for I believe $2, one of the best shadows I have for the price. awesome low end product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

This colour is gorgeous and a great dupe for MAC satin taupe. The formula is super smooth and pigmented, however, I don't find myself reaching for this too much. When I do I love it because it is absolutely stunning. Overall, this is great: awesome price and product, but it hasn't hit HG status for me yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started getting into makeup I never would have guesed Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow would become an HG for me. I thought I would at some point only accept Chanel and Guerlain. Well, 8 years later I do not own eyeshadow from either company!
I am just amazed at how such an inexpensive eyeshadow could have such multi-dimensional pigment and look good on such a wide range of people. I can hardly complain about the packaging considering the price and it deosn't matter that much to me, but FYI: it does tend to crumble away easily out of the packaging. If your careful (unlike myself) this shouldn't happen. Without a doubt, I will continue to buy this!
UPDATE*** I just have to add that the other day I couldn't find my beloved eyebrow pencil and had to leave the house in 5 minutes so i grabbed this with a little shadow brush to fill in my brows! I SWEAR my brows looked better that day than they had in a long time! Who knew

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No