September 23, 2014 | 1884 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by xkatherinemintie

Love this stuff. The scent great, and it doesn't have that harsh acne cleanser smell. It doesn't foam a ton, but it does lather enough to make the washing experience light and refreshing.

It can make your skin a little dry (I have combination skin), but paired with my daily neutrogena facial moisturizer, it is perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

As intrigued as I was by the green tea part of this cleanser at first, I notice it made me grow little bumps on my cheeks that wouldn't go away with my regular acne treatment.
This seems to clean well, but it's actually a little drying, which isn't good.
I tried using this to remove my mascara/eyeliner, and while the mascara was removed (I use washable), the eyeliner I had to go over with an eye makeup remover later. It was a little drying (I know this is an acne cleanser, but my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash did a fantastic job of removing eye makeup)
The pump points straight, so in order to not get any cleanser stuck on the opening, you have to kind of tilt it as you pump some in your hand, not that convenient.
All in all, I do NOT recommend this cleanser to anyone, it doesn't really do anything for my acne. Despite the cheaper price, I'd stick with whichever acne brand that works for you, for me, Neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the cleanser I am currently using. I have been using it for only a week. I'll tell you this much about it, since I have only been using it for such a limited amount of time: it is effective at removing all of the makeup I wear, and I wear a ton of makeup. It takes 2 pumps, but it gets the job done. It smells nice. It is soothing and reduces redness associated with blemishes to a small degree. It is really too early to tell if it has diminished my blemishes or if they're just healing on their own, and it is too early to tell if breakouts occur less often as well. I will update this as I use the product. This product is definitely non-irritating for me, and I have fairly sensitive skin. I like this and am happy with it, especially since it is a drugstore cleanser.

UPDATE: I have been using this product for a few weeks now, and my breakouts have all cleared. The red marks left behind from old acne have diminished to a small degree, and I am hoping this cleanser will help continue to diminish them even more. I am still very happy with this cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by swimgirlxoxo12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser smells nice and leaves a fresh clean feeling, but it can be a little drying. At first it worked great, but after a while it stopped working like every other cleaner I have used.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by DolledUpandCo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser along with the Green Tea Scrub. It's worth the money and works very well. Using the two, I start with washing off my makeup with the Green Tea cleanser and then I use the scrub. I only use the scrub about every other day but using these two products together has cleared my face of breakouts, my skin looks the best it ever has.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

I just finished this entire bottle and I must say I am very impressed. I do think this helped with my breakouts and it did help with redness. Most face washes after I'm done using it I want to try something different but I really enjoy this one that I think I might get a second time!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by xxiong08

This product does help to reduce redness but as for reducing breakouts, I don't think it helped much. Also, the packaging is pretty but for some reason, every time I travel and have to tilt or lay it down...it always end up spilling (even when I have the knob locked). Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again because of the spilling issue and since it didn't help prevent or treat breakouts for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie1986

I have been using this about a week now. I had a cyst pimple that was coming in on my chin, so I bought this and so far so good it took the redness wasn't too bad after I used it and I feel like it dried out the pimple. Only problem I see so far is it might be too drying. On my chin area it is pretty dry now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used up an entire bottle of this cleanser, but it really didn't do anything for me. It didn't have any effect on my redness or breakouts, but at least it didn't break me out or dry out my sensitive skin. On the plus side, it does smell nice and leave my skin clean, it's inexpensive, and the packaging is great. I just can't see myself repurchasing. I really want to like St. Ives, but most of their products are just average.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by FairladyGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, and for the first month I did. The scent was quite pleasant, my redness wasn't as noticeable, and the pump bottle was great--gave me just the right amount every time. This cleanser, however, did not do much to help out with my breakouts. I typically get hormonal breakouts during my time of month, and when I broke out during that period, I didn't think much of it, as it was normal. However, even after, I noticed my face was still continuing to break out. This went on for about a month, yet the only thing I changed in my skin regime was this cleanser. Now my face looks horrible. I don't have extremely sensitive skin whatsoever, but I suppose this cleanser irritated my skin. It also left my skin a bit dry after cleansing, but nothing a little moisturizer couldn't fix. Anyways, I didn't like this cleanser, as it made me break out. I gave this cleanser two months to work its magic. After the honeymoon phase was over, it just did not impress.