St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I bought this for about $5 and it comes with quite a lot- so it was a good deal. It has 2% salicylic acid, but didn't do anything for my skin. It's not that it's too gentle because it's quite drying. I don't have severe acne at all but I like using medicated products a few times a week to keep my skin at bay, but this doesn't control anything, nor does it prevent my occasional break outs. It has a pleasant scent, but it's really strong and I'm weird about my skin care products smelling strong because that means more fragrance which doesn't do my any good. If it works for you, it's a great deal, but it simply did not for me.

on 9/21/2010 12:18:00 AM

I really, really wanted this to work for me because it's one of the only inexpensive drugstore acne cleansers that I've been able to find that doesn't test on animals. Unfortunately, it just isn't helping me. I use it to wash my face in the morning, and again at night (after I've used the Green Tea Scrub to remove my make-up). It does make my face feel clean, but it's also drying and hasn't done very much to improve my skin. While I do have fewer breakouts, I am finding that I have more blackheads and small bumps under my skin than I normally do, which isn't much better. I won't be buying this again.

Love this stuff. The scent great, and it doesn't have that harsh acne cleanser smell. It doesn't foam a ton, but it does lather enough to make the washing experience light and refreshing.

It can make your skin a little dry (I have combination skin), but paired with my daily neutrogena facial moisturizer, it is perfect for me.

on 9/12/2010 1:24:00 PM

As intrigued as I was by the green tea part of this cleanser at first, I notice it made me grow little bumps on my cheeks that wouldn't go away with my regular acne treatment.
This seems to clean well, but it's actually a little drying, which isn't good.
I tried using this to remove my mascara/eyeliner, and while the mascara was removed (I use washable), the eyeliner I had to go over with an eye makeup remover later. It was a little drying (I know this is an acne cleanser, but my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash did a fantastic job of removing eye makeup)
The pump points straight, so in order to not get any cleanser stuck on the opening, you have to kind of tilt it as you pump some in your hand, not that convenient.
All in all, I do NOT recommend this cleanser to anyone, it doesn't really do anything for my acne. Despite the cheaper price, I'd stick with whichever acne brand that works for you, for me, Neutrogena.

on 9/11/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the cleanser I am currently using. I have been using it for only a week. I'll tell you this much about it, since I have only been using it for such a limited amount of time: it is effective at removing all of the makeup I wear, and I wear a ton of makeup. It takes 2 pumps, but it gets the job done. It smells nice. It is soothing and reduces redness associated with blemishes to a small degree. It is really too early to tell if it has diminished my blemishes or if they're just healing on their own, and it is too early to tell if breakouts occur less often as well. I will update this as I use the product. This product is definitely non-irritating for me, and I have fairly sensitive skin. I like this and am happy with it, especially since it is a drugstore cleanser.

UPDATE: I have been using this product for a few weeks now, and my breakouts have all cleared. The red marks left behind from old acne have diminished to a small degree, and I am hoping this cleanser will help continue to diminish them even more. I am still very happy with this cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cleanser smells nice and leaves a fresh clean feeling, but it can be a little drying. At first it worked great, but after a while it stopped working like every other cleaner I have used.

Love this cleanser along with the Green Tea Scrub. It's worth the money and works very well. Using the two, I start with washing off my makeup with the Green Tea cleanser and then I use the scrub. I only use the scrub about every other day but using these two products together has cleared my face of breakouts, my skin looks the best it ever has.

on 8/18/2010 11:49:00 PM

I just finished this entire bottle and I must say I am very impressed. I do think this helped with my breakouts and it did help with redness. Most face washes after I'm done using it I want to try something different but I really enjoy this one that I think I might get a second time!

on 8/10/2010 2:10:00 AM

This product does help to reduce redness but as for reducing breakouts, I don't think it helped much. Also, the packaging is pretty but for some reason, every time I travel and have to tilt or lay it down...it always end up spilling (even when I have the knob locked). Overall, I wouldn't buy this product again because of the spilling issue and since it didn't help prevent or treat breakouts for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this about a week now. I had a cyst pimple that was coming in on my chin, so I bought this and so far so good it took the redness wasn't too bad after I used it and I feel like it dried out the pimple. Only problem I see so far is it might be too drying. On my chin area it is pretty dry now.