January 27, 2015 | 941 users online

Fragrances - Beyoncé Heat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Everything about this perfume is average. It is neither grand, nor unappealing. In a word, this perfume is best described as 'safe.' Beyonce claims she wanted to create something she would 'love forever' but, I think she wanted to create something that would appeal to a general public. When a perfume claims to be 'sexy' i imagine something burning, smouldering, dark, and romantic. However this perfume creates the ambiance of a fire about to burn out.

The scent is very floral- almost bouquet at first with a very sweet fruity undertone. After an hour, the scent became less sweet and more like a floral soap. After 4 hours, the scent began to dry down to a musky sweet almond. One thing in this perfumes favour, is it lasts all day. However, the scent is unoriginal, it is very generic. Everything, down to the bottle design has already been done. As far as personal preference goes, I would not wear it. If I were to smell this on someone else, I would not be able to tell what name brand they are wearing. I would not think of it as a poor scent, simply unmemorable, and I like memorable perfumes.
Happy Shopping.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loved the bottle, loved the commercial, love the artist, didn't love the fragrance. It opens nice with a big burst of apricot-fruitiness. But that fruitiness is soon overtaken by a muskyness that smells like dirty skin. Staying power is long, but the drydown was pure musk and barely any fruitiness left.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by kyqtpie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance!!! Some people complain of it's sweetness, but to each is own. I think it's a sexy scent and I can wear it everyday and night. I always get compliments when I wear this perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ShinyGlossy

This is the SAME as all of the other celeb scents.
Sugar. Sugar. Sugar.
They need to really try something different.
Staying power is weak.
Scent...smells like Pink Sugar & Brittney Spears Fantasy.
At first it seems nice, but then it's the same old..same old.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by hotdot2122

Oh how I love this fragrance! I fell in love with the first whiff. It smells so good--sexy and sweet. To me it really evokes heat and feeling sexy. It dries down to a more sweeter tone making it also day appropriate. I think the combo of almond macroon, peach and amber is delicious. I practically bathe in this stuff. I am disappointed by its wearing power and the potency. I swear I can barely smell it after like an hour and I spray about 3 sprays. I end up reapplying this about 2-3 times a day to keep the scent going. The price wasn't too bad--got the 1.7 for $39 with a 20% off Ulta coupon, so pretty affordable. I wish Beyonce would come out with a a stronger version of Heat that would last longer. Also the bottle borders on kinda cool and really ugly. After all that being said I would buy this again as I love the scent--that is all that really matters.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this fragrance and smelling it for a couple weeks now whenever I go into shoppers drugmart. I was torn about it because "I liked it but it smells like something I own or owned..." was what I was telling myself. Then it hit me...Britney Spears Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy, while it is not identical it has that same citrus sweet note in it that to me gets to be way to strong after a while. It's just too sweet for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like Beyonce but this scent literally makes me sick and I never have that bad of a reaction to anything, INCLUDING Tabu!! At first it seems to head in the direction of Flowerbomb but there is something in this that goes too far in the wrong direction. I wish I could describe it better than that but the overall effect is a loud, sweetish floral mess. I mean I truely wanted to run away from it!! I should know better than to expect anything from celebrity perfumes. I felt almost the same way about Kim Kardashians's. Celebrities should stick to what they know: acting, music, reality tv, etc. and leave the perfume designing to those who really know what they are doing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by CoCoandBB

Gosh, it's just one of the worst fragrances that I've ever smelled... II read that it is the No.1 selling perfum at Macy's, I am curious so I stopped by after work to check it out, my goodness, it STINKS!!!! It has that cheap weird smell, it doesn't even smell good!!! I had to move my nose away, it's that bad... Are you kidding me? what's wrong with people?! And trust me, I am a perfum lover and tried many many different ones...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and it's basically what you'd expect from a celebrity fragrance--a watered-down berry/candy/musky scent. It's not unpleasant, but it's been done before and it smells cheaper than its $49+ price tag. It smells mostly musky on my skin, but a diluted musky. It's a nice collector's item for Beyonce fans, but otherwise you could get a much better fruity-musky perfume for the same price.