Beyoncé Heat

3.2

on 7/3/2010 3:11:00 PM

I tried this yesterday at the store. First on the strip... I thought it wasn't that bad, and then 5 mins later I couldn't smell a thing.. like it disappeared. Then I tried it on my wrist... awful... smelled like a weird chemical spicy citrusy scent and it lasted maybe half an hour then it was all gone... really cheap fragrance.

I just spritzed this on my wrists while I was dress shopping at Kohls and immediately wanted to know what the notes were. So, voila!, I came here to read reviews. I love this scent, and I can't understand why so many people hate it! It reminds me a lot of Lolita Lempicka, for some reason (does this have a touch of licorice or anise? Smells like it). It's sweet and sexy, as well as warm and spicy. Me likey. I will say, however, that the bottle is pretty f'ugly.

on 5/14/2010 4:03:00 PM

Beyonce Heat opened with a bright sweetness that was an awful lot like candy apple (real)... then the sweetness quickly deepened and intensified into something that, to me, was frankly revolting. Then some discordant florals crept in and made it even worse. Now I can smell aftershave-musk coming through the background. I can't take it anymore, I must go and scrub this mess off my skin right away. I can't believe what the stores are charging for this. No sale here, definitely no recommendation either.

on 5/11/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everything about this perfume is average. It is neither grand, nor unappealing. In a word, this perfume is best described as 'safe.' Beyonce claims she wanted to create something she would 'love forever' but, I think she wanted to create something that would appeal to a general public. When a perfume claims to be 'sexy' i imagine something burning, smouldering, dark, and romantic. However this perfume creates the ambiance of a fire about to burn out.

The scent is very floral- almost bouquet at first with a very sweet fruity undertone. After an hour, the scent became less sweet and more like a floral soap. After 4 hours, the scent began to dry down to a musky sweet almond. One thing in this perfumes favour, is it lasts all day. However, the scent is unoriginal, it is very generic. Everything, down to the bottle design has already been done. As far as personal preference goes, I would not wear it. If I were to smell this on someone else, I would not be able to tell what name brand they are wearing. I would not think of it as a poor scent, simply unmemorable, and I like memorable perfumes.
Happy Shopping.

on 5/9/2010 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Loved the bottle, loved the commercial, love the artist, didn't love the fragrance. It opens nice with a big burst of apricot-fruitiness. But that fruitiness is soon overtaken by a muskyness that smells like dirty skin. Staying power is long, but the drydown was pure musk and barely any fruitiness left.

on 4/27/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Enough said.

on 4/24/2010 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance!!! Some people complain of it's sweetness, but to each is own. I think it's a sexy scent and I can wear it everyday and night. I always get compliments when I wear this perfume.

on 4/18/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the SAME as all of the other celeb scents.
Sugar. Sugar. Sugar.
They need to really try something different.
Staying power is weak.
Scent...smells like Pink Sugar & Brittney Spears Fantasy.
At first it seems nice, but then it's the same old..same old.

on 4/17/2010 12:22:00 AM

Oh how I love this fragrance! I fell in love with the first whiff. It smells so good--sexy and sweet. To me it really evokes heat and feeling sexy. It dries down to a more sweeter tone making it also day appropriate. I think the combo of almond macroon, peach and amber is delicious. I practically bathe in this stuff. I am disappointed by its wearing power and the potency. I swear I can barely smell it after like an hour and I spray about 3 sprays. I end up reapplying this about 2-3 times a day to keep the scent going. The price wasn't too bad--got the 1.7 for $39 with a 20% off Ulta coupon, so pretty affordable. I wish Beyonce would come out with a a stronger version of Heat that would last longer. Also the bottle borders on kinda cool and really ugly. After all that being said I would buy this again as I love the scent--that is all that really matters.

on 4/2/2010 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been eyeing this fragrance and smelling it for a couple weeks now whenever I go into shoppers drugmart. I was torn about it because "I liked it but it smells like something I own or owned..." was what I was telling myself. Then it hit me...Britney Spears Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy, while it is not identical it has that same citrus sweet note in it that to me gets to be way to strong after a while. It's just too sweet for me!

Popular Fragrances