April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Starlitsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to gravitate towards more expensive makeup. However, as I grew older, I became more of an informed consumer and well, a 'frugalista'. I recently revisted my high-school love: Wet n' Wild cosmetics. I started with the coveted color icon e/s, then the mineral makeup and this past weekend, a rite-aid BOGO lipcolor sale led me to this lipstick. I have been looking at every brand for the perfect beigey-pale-pink color l/s to no avail. Finally, I accidentally came across Wet n' Wild's 901B (I fail to remember the shade name since they don't print it on the tube aside from the plastic wrapper you throw away). It was gorgeous! I couldn't believe a $2.99 lipstick was this pigmented and perfectly matte. I no longer cared for glitter or shimmer in my makeup since I am now 28 yrs old. So this was perfect for me. I loved it so much, I bought Just Peachy, Cherry Bomb, and Sugar Plum (if I remember these names correctly). They were all gorgeous shades that I have also been trying to find in other brands. I wish they had even more colors because the colors they already have are so pretty!

I used to think that I've graduated from the Wet n' Wild brand after highschool. But I am totally going back to this brand in adulthood and I am SO happy they've revamped their line and expanded so much. For the record, I love their mineral makeup and eyeshadows too. I own almost every shade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by xiue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have strangely pigmented around the rim lips so something that does not completely cover them always looks bad. I tend to just wear chap-stick since a lot of lipsticks can't cover well enough, or make my lips really dry. Covering my lips all of the time with foundation first is just hassling so I skipped lipstick all together.

Then in came this awesome product on the cheap! It covers my lips SO well that I have to go back for more shades! Finally, a lipstick I can use since it is semi-matte with no strange shimmers/metallic effects <3 I am now officially a lipstick lover. I always hated how some lipstick lines had a mix of different effects in them but don't do it for every shade. That really narrowed down choices since I hated metallic/shimmery effects but not with this wonderful line! Everything is the same semi-matte. --oh and no funky smells/flavours.

I'm an NC25 and purchased 902C, 904B, 912C, 913C and I'm not going to stop there. This is definitely my HG lipstick now, and I won't bother trying anything else since this works so well and is so cheap.

Yes the packaging is cheap but they've had worse packaging. I'm glad they've changed it up to a nice sleek black colour! For $3-4 it doesn't really matter to me since it still works.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by thepisceanmuse

I bought this in 918D (I believe it is named "Cherry Bomb") since it was the only deep blood red color I could find in the store. I was kind of iffy about it, since I normally gravitate towards the more expensive stuff, yet over all, it is just as good as my Kat von D lippy! I guess the only cons with it as far as I'm seeing are the stick's awkward shape (which is why I'm giving it one stick) and the fragile packaging. I will definitely purchase again and in other colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I personally LOVE these lipsticks I got 907C on a whim because they were on clearance and I had been looking for a nice pink color for lipstick. I was shocked at how wonderfully pigmented these were and just the smooth application. Even if my lips aren't moisturized completely it goes on smooth and almost flawless looking. I was super pleased with this because they are relatively cheap and come in a variety of colors.

I would recommend this product to people who want to experiment with various colors of lipstick and pigmented ones at that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

These are definitely a contender for best drugstore lipstick! I love mattes, so my previous favorites were NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and I also like their Round Lipstick. I got two colors: Smokin Hot Pink and Stoplight Red.
Pros:
- No scent or taste! I was so happy that they didn't have the typical WnW scent
- Excellent color payoff, comparable to NYX and MAC
- Lasts 3-4 hours on me, even if I have a snack and/or drink
- Feels very light on the lips
- Not drying at all
- Great price
- Great finish, a beautiful not-totally matte texture

Cons:
- Not the smoothest application, there is a bit of drag on the lips but it's not significant
- The packaging is terrible! As others have noted you have to be really careful with the cap and the twisting mechanism is seriously messed up. Really cheap, you have to twist really hard, I feel like I'm going to break it.
- Just a small qualm, I hate the shape of the lipstick. I find it very awkward and I have to be really careful and use a lip brush around the edges.
- Fades a tad unevenly

EDIT 5/2/11: I had to change the rating because I've noticed that these stray completely beyond my natural lip line, even when I wear a lipliner! This usually never happens on me so I wonder what is different about these lipsticks. Definitely a disappointment, I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the reviewer below, this lipstick is amazing. It is by far my favorite lipstick formula. I have it in spotlight red, coral, hot pink, rosebud, peach, and mauve outta here. I'm probably not getting the names of every shade right lol. I love wearing these for a night out since they last a long time before having to reapply and don't dry my lips out. I recently lost spotlight red, and as soon as I realized, I ran out and bought another one. At $3 each, they're a steal even if the packaging isn't the best,

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by PinkPucker89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE it this is by far one of the best lipsticks i have tried! i like matte lipsticks and for the price its awesome not too drying! very pigmented! EXCELLENT the only thing is i went to 3 different places and all the good colors go quick because of such a great price! i got 901B aska "tickled pink" and 907C aka "Muave outta here" to see the name you have to look on the plastic wrapping. :) but Ladies please go and purchase this it might even be better then MAC!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have 902C, Bare It All and it's one of my favorite nudes. I LOVE WET N WILD! The packaging for these lipsticks stinks though. But for the price I'm not complaining. I'm an NC42 and this with some nude lipgloss looks fabulous. It's a nice pinky brown, a matte with no shimmer at all. That can be drying on some, but with exfolating and chapstick your good. I definitely recommend this, especially to warmer/medium skin tones. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail/go to/best lipstick ever! I love it! I am NC35-40 and I bought shade 902C. It is the perfect nude for my tan skintone. It is a peachy nude so it doesn't wash me out and is very flattering. The matte finish allows it to be very long wearing. Since it is matte it will accentuate any dryness you may have so always exfoliate and moisturize your lips (duh!). This lipstick has no scent at all. The only complaint I have is the packaging...the plastic that is actually holding the lipstick came out. So sometimes it gets loose. For me its a small price to pay for such a gorgeous lipstick. So yes I would recommend and buy again (I want to buy backups bc I don't ever want to run out!).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by sherol

So, I am hot on the trail of a GOOD matte lippie. I read the reviews. I tried Lancome first. I walked a couple of laps around the dept store; looked in the mirrors and polled people. The color, corset was not a winner, it has too much orange/coral for me although the sales lady assured me otherwise! I got a different color. The color was gorgeOUS, but the texture was blah for $22. I am searching for Jordana @ local DS without success. Good ole' Wet n' Wild was waiting there for me. These are a steal @ $2.99 EACH!!! They have lots of pigment and moisture. I have not tested for longevity yet......but its not a huge concern as I always have to reapply after eating. I am going back for more! Also, these are comparable to MAC's matte(s) but less dry! I have snob and dab a little as a basecoat for their gloss. I bought mines at walgreens, where they told me I could return them if i did not like the color:)