April 20, 2014 | 1619 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kiki100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for a while and love it! I use Medium Ash Brown and turns a bit darker then the box but my hair is very thick and frizzy and this product makes it shiny and soft. I love the conditioner (I would buy it if they would sell it separately), I never noticed the bad smell so many people describe. It covers my grey hair and I have a lot of greys. I tried the new colour mousse and it was a huge mess.......... so I went back to the Healthy Look. Overall I love the product and I won't change it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by cinlam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My natural hair colour is dark brown, and since I wanted a lighter colour I thought I'd buy the Medium Golden Brown to try. The result? My hair looks even darker now -- almost black!
Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed -- maybe I should have stuck with another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by brighteyedbuddhist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color I chose, Dark Chestnut Brown, is beautiful! It's darker than it looks.
Made my hair very, very soft and shiny.
Clean, incredibly easy to use. This was my first time ever coloring at home and I didn't need any help.
It didn't make a mess and was easy to rinse out.
I would absolutely buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by yamieyones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last week I decided to touch up the roots on my light blond hair. My hair being naturally dark blond, it's never been an issue to get it to the right color. After buying this product (the color labeled 'light blond') my roots turned orange, the middle turned light BROWN, and the ends of my hair turned an awful shade of brown/green. I have never been so horrified and upset over the turnout of my hair. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get it professionally colored so that I don't damage my hair experimenting with different boxes. I will NEVER buy any L'Oreal products again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by nessavamp

I ended up purchasing this product in Medium Golden Brown- 5G- Golden Truffle and applied it on my virgin dark brown hair (with natural lighter brown streaks). I had not dyed my hair in over 7 years and only used 1 box. Because my hair is long, not all of it came out to an even color since I ran out of product while applying. Some spots where I had my natural lighter hair came out like how it looks like on the box (which seeing it on me made me realized I didn't like it at all-too light for my taste). On the rest of my hair, it didn't really change the color at all. Some of the root area around my bangs is also lighter, which looks a little weird. While applying the product, my hair got really hard to work with, so I suggest to seperate and section your hair off. After I applied the product and washed it off, I made sure to wash it twice and used the horrible smelling conditioner that came with it. I did also apply one of those Ion brand conditioners that come in little packets at Sally's. I haven't had any issues with the dye coming off on my towels or anything of the sort. My hair felt a little rough afterwards, but the roughness went away after a few washes. As for my grey hair, some of them came out to this dark blondish color, while some of them didn't get dyed at all (I'm assuming from only using 1 box on my long hair).
I do want to give this product one more try and will buy a darker shade next time, and this time not only will I use 2 boxes, but I will skip the conditioner that comes with it and just use a good conditioner from Sally's. The conditioner that comes with the product smells horrible and that stentch will stay on your hair for days. However, my cat did love that smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cheercheer21

I have bought this product numerous times in the darkest brown(3) and I have had the best of luck with it. It makes my hair look very shiny and feel so soft but most importantly the color is very intense which is great! I love this product and will definitely continue to use it. My hair looks healthy and rich and even though it turns out a little bit darker than the box says, it still looks amazing. I constantly receive compliments on my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used 5A - medium ash brown - to cover up the mess that was my ugly, faded, uneven salon red brown hair. I initially looked for the Natural Instincts version but the 2 boxes at Walmart had been tampered with (one tube had burst) so I decided to try Healthy Look.

Mixing was simple enough. The scent reminds me faintly of cat pee though. Gross. I don't like that it has to be applied on dry hair. I had to get my mom to do it for me and while she used 2 boxes, she still didn't get it everywhere so I have a few lighter pieces underneath. Obviously not the products fault. LOL

Rinsing was the usual, add water and lather and rinse until water runs clear. I had to use the entire tube of conditioner because my hair was a knotty mess. Tried to get the knots out in the shower to no avail. Combing it out after was difficult too and I had a lot of breakage (previous bleach job to blame, I'm sure). My hair felt very sticky so the comb wouldn't go through nicely and once I did get it through it got knotty immediately. Ridiculous!!

After drying it was hard to brush through again. I put my hair in hot rollers as I had a wedding to attend. My hair looks matte, not shiny but I sort of like it (for now). I'm hoping once the "residue" washes out it will be more shiny.

While I like the colour, it is WAY darker than the picture. But, we know that we can't go by the picture on any box of colour, right? However it looks more like a level 3A to me than a 5A. I knew this would happen going in though which is why I chose the medium shade. Plus I wanted the ash to cover my red/gold issues.

I won't be using this colour again because I find Natural Instincts 1) much easier to use since you apply it on wet hair, 2) a richer, chocolate-yer shade, and 3) leaves my hair in much better, shinier condition.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by masarra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is medium brown , I want to change my chade to a lighter ... I used the G4 which is supposed to to a golden brown .. and the big surprise is to see my hair becoming darker !!!! my medium brown is now a very dark brown .. it doesn't cover the white hair I have .. I don't have a lot ..

my dry hair is dryer ! completely despointed !!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Uni

Decided to give it a try, since it's Amonia-free. Did not love it. Color came out dark, but this is expected from demi permanent dyes. Very messy application; it bleeds a lot, and did not last long either. Great conditioner, though. Herbashine from Garnier is still my favorite; leaves hair shinier.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AmandaBMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We don't have this product yet in the UK and I bought it from a drugstore in NY. I have a few grey hairs that I like to cover and I like to add a sheen to my hair and use a colour that is semi-perm. My hair is dark brown and I previously had a version of "glossing" done at a hairdresser in the UK and it was sooooooooo expensive for something that is lovely but lasts a few weeks. So I jumped at the chance when I saw this for just under $10. I bought Espresso.
Positives:
Shade- a great very dark neutral brown (almost black)
Coverage of those annoying greys- perfect- great coverage
Lasting- definitely lasted more than a few weeks
Negatives:
Really not that glossy
Left hair initially in a drier "coated" condition- it has taken a lot to get that shine back- Lots of Phyto Citrus- shampoo and masque
Conditioner- terrible- trash can

I had used Natural Instincts on a previous trip to the US- I am afraid I am a drugstore haul-er, I love trying new things. This was amazing but the brown had a definite reddish tone. So this colour is better- it is dark and the texture it leaves your hair in is going to need work to get it back into condition. HMMMMMMMMM now back in the UK- returning to the hairdresser in a few weeks for the pro glossing treat- that actually leaves hair in amazing condition with a glass like sheen.