November 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been severely disappointed by the two newest L'oreal hair colouring products (sublime mousse and healthy look). The colours turn out at least 3 - 4 shades darker than advertised. My natural hair is black and I colour my hair every 2 months. It was a medium brown with light brown highlights, turning brassy. Bought Healthy Look in Med. ash brown to tone down the brassiness. The formula is drippier than other boxed dyes but it was not horrible. The result is...awful! My hair turned out BLACK! I know my hair is more porous but this is not acceptable. Hair is matte with what feels like film - I washed my hair with shampoo + baking soda 3 times right after and the film-likeness is still there. I have to say this is probably the worst dye I have ever bought. Do not buy this. What a waste of money and time...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyEight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Updating to say that SIX MONTHS LATER my hair is still the same color that it turned once it started to fade. Definite roots showing and intense conditioner/repair still required daily.

THIS STUFF IS PERMANENT. And super harsh. Awful for curly hair - majorly relaxes and kills curls.

The Healthy Look line is more permanent, and much darker than advertised. It also severely relaxed my curls - I now have to use tons of conditioning product like leave-in conditioner plus curl product to even get waves. My hair normally springs into medium-weight corkscrew curls almost immediately after washing, but after using this dye I barely get wavy hair without tons of styling - I only dye my hair maybe once or twice a year so it's not from over dyeing. This was literally curls before dyeing, no curls at all after - as my hair dried I got a sinking feeling in my stomach because there were no curls forming.

All this after leaving it in for only 8 minutes, just short of than the recommended time of 10 minutes.

The color I used was Cherry Truffle (kind of a pinkish red) which I thought would be nice since every other semi-permanent hair color is usually only a burgundy/purple red.

Initially the color turned out looking almost black with some bright pink highlights where light hit it. Everything else that wasn't in direct light was a super dark brown, almost black. It took about a week for it to lighten up a bit and it started to get close to the image on the box, but the red color faded before it ever got there.

I don't know if it is the product line itself since it works faster (10 mins vs 15 mins) or just because it was a more vibrant red, but this was much harsher than any semi-permanent dye I've used before, and now 4 weeks later the red has faded but my hair is just simply dark brown. I'm also afraid it won't come out to where I can get back to my natural golden brown color.

I will stick with HerbaShine for my semi-permanent hair color since I KNOW it will wash out, even if it is before the full 4 weeks. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ssky93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i joined this website just so i can write a review about this stupid hair dye. i am a blonde and i wanted to add some dark brown to my hair, im not new to dying and have used numerous brands of hair dye. initially i love the color, it worked well with my hair and i was looking forward to using it again. since i only did parts of my hair i kept the rest of the dye for later dying as i always have before, two days after dying i desided i wanted to go ahead and do the entire underside of my hair... yeah right! apparently loreal healthy look creme gloss color is one of the ONLY dyes you can only use once. wont even turn my nearly white blonde hair any shade darker. i shook it up more and tried again thinking maybe the color sunk to the bottom, no. after opening if you are like me and have left over dye, even if its almost an entire bottle, it is completely and totally useless. i will never ever ever ever ever EVER buy this stupid hair dye again!!!! biggest waste of ten dollars EVER!!! loreal, you might want to put in clear view on the package that your dye is a piece of s**t and cannot be reused. it stated that you should throw away left over dye due to the possibility of the bottle exploding, however it never mentioned that it would be rendered completely useless and is furthermore a waste of money. if i had known this i would not have bought it in the first place!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by floralkitten

OMG THE WORST HAIR COLOUR PRODUCT EVER!!!
It's not even worth 1 lippy.
I previously coloured my hair to medium brown with "L'oreal Excellence" and it took only one bottle (my hair comes down to bra line..).
But this one..... I had to use THREE bottles.
To be exact, two and a half but there's no such thing as 'half bottle'... so... yeah....
I left it on for 13 min max, and voila!!!
My hair was DARKER! It totally turned dark brown..!! (i got the copper brown shade)
I phoned the loreal customer service and the agent told me that if I leave it on for ANY LONGER THAN 10 MIN, IT WILL TURN MY HAIR DARK.
Hey, it didn't say anything like that on the instruction sheet that I got with the products.
I'm VERY disappointed with this product and will NEVER BUY this again.
I'm gonna get them refund because they did exactly opposite of what they were supposed to do! rediculous!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by vzajac29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first time I colored my hair myself...I wanted to save some $. The process itself was easy and to me the products did not have any foul smell..(I read some of the previous reviews). The hair color I chose was medium golden brown. My hair was already highlighted and the reason for dying was to get my hair back to one steady color. I don't know if it was because my hair was already processed but my hair turned like a black cherry color. In the light, it looks red. Not what I expected but it doesn't look bad. My hair also did not feel glossier...softer yes but not that healthy shine the box promised. I gave this product a 3 because I do not hate my hair color however it is not the color I anticipated on having. As I said, my hair was highlighted when I did this so this may be the reason why hair turned reddish instead of a golden brown. I think I will go to a salon in the future to avoid unpredicted hair colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in the Light Beige Brown shade. Yes, it comes out darker than what's depicted on the box, but it does fade to a lighter brown. I refuse to use the conditioner which comes with it, though, because it smells like cat pee. I don't know how that can be possible. And since cat pee is one of the worst smells on earth (it's right up there with skunk smell), the first thing I do when I open the box is throw away the conditioner. I use Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo Treatment in its place.

The consistency of the dye is thick so that means I don't splatter it all over my bathroom walls, cabinets and floors like I have with other dyes (*cough, cough* Clairol Natural Instincts *cough, cough*). I use a brush for my roots and then just scoop the rest of it up in my hands and run it through my hair. By the way, the gloves that come with it suck. It's like putting 2 plastic grocery bags on your hands. They slide around and fall off during crucial dye application moments. You're better off buying your own disposable gloves.

I have to say that this hair color makes my hair very soft and covers grays very well. I have bought this many times and will continue to do so until the day it is discontinued (since everything I use always ends up discontinued) and I am forced to find a replacement.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bubblesandvanilla

Honestly this product is horrible I only bought it because it was semi-permanent and I thought it would do less damage hence making my hair healthier but boy was I wrong.

First, the conditioner that comes along with the package smells gross, and believe me it takes a lot for me to say something smells since nothing bothers my nose much when it comes to cosmetic products but the stench wouldn't budge even after the third wash.

Second, I was expecting a lighter brown color since I purchased a light beige brown and it just gave me a reddish tint to my medium brown hair... even darkening it.

Lastly, I left the hair dye one for a bit longer for optimal results and it came out the exact opposite.. the only pros I would give it would be that it covered a few grey hairs I had but thats about it - that only raised its rating froom a 1 to a 1.2... still a 1 in my book. Then the grey hairs re-appeared -_-.

Bottom line,

I would absolutely, positively not recommend this "un- healthy look" to anyone because it stinks -- literally and figuratively.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kiki100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for a while and love it! I use Medium Ash Brown and turns a bit darker then the box but my hair is very thick and frizzy and this product makes it shiny and soft. I love the conditioner (I would buy it if they would sell it separately), I never noticed the bad smell so many people describe. It covers my grey hair and I have a lot of greys. I tried the new colour mousse and it was a huge mess.......... so I went back to the Healthy Look. Overall I love the product and I won't change it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by cinlam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My natural hair colour is dark brown, and since I wanted a lighter colour I thought I'd buy the Medium Golden Brown to try. The result? My hair looks even darker now -- almost black!
Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed -- maybe I should have stuck with another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by brighteyedbuddhist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color I chose, Dark Chestnut Brown, is beautiful! It's darker than it looks.
Made my hair very, very soft and shiny.
Clean, incredibly easy to use. This was my first time ever coloring at home and I didn't need any help.
It didn't make a mess and was easy to rinse out.
I would absolutely buy this again!