July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by floralkitten

OMG THE WORST HAIR COLOUR PRODUCT EVER!!!
It's not even worth 1 lippy.
I previously coloured my hair to medium brown with "L'oreal Excellence" and it took only one bottle (my hair comes down to bra line..).
But this one..... I had to use THREE bottles.
To be exact, two and a half but there's no such thing as 'half bottle'... so... yeah....
I left it on for 13 min max, and voila!!!
My hair was DARKER! It totally turned dark brown..!! (i got the copper brown shade)
I phoned the loreal customer service and the agent told me that if I leave it on for ANY LONGER THAN 10 MIN, IT WILL TURN MY HAIR DARK.
Hey, it didn't say anything like that on the instruction sheet that I got with the products.
I'm VERY disappointed with this product and will NEVER BUY this again.
I'm gonna get them refund because they did exactly opposite of what they were supposed to do! rediculous!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by vzajac29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first time I colored my hair myself...I wanted to save some $. The process itself was easy and to me the products did not have any foul smell..(I read some of the previous reviews). The hair color I chose was medium golden brown. My hair was already highlighted and the reason for dying was to get my hair back to one steady color. I don't know if it was because my hair was already processed but my hair turned like a black cherry color. In the light, it looks red. Not what I expected but it doesn't look bad. My hair also did not feel glossier...softer yes but not that healthy shine the box promised. I gave this product a 3 because I do not hate my hair color however it is not the color I anticipated on having. As I said, my hair was highlighted when I did this so this may be the reason why hair turned reddish instead of a golden brown. I think I will go to a salon in the future to avoid unpredicted hair colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in the Light Beige Brown shade. Yes, it comes out darker than what's depicted on the box, but it does fade to a lighter brown. I refuse to use the conditioner which comes with it, though, because it smells like cat pee. I don't know how that can be possible. And since cat pee is one of the worst smells on earth (it's right up there with skunk smell), the first thing I do when I open the box is throw away the conditioner. I use Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo Treatment in its place.

The consistency of the dye is thick so that means I don't splatter it all over my bathroom walls, cabinets and floors like I have with other dyes (*cough, cough* Clairol Natural Instincts *cough, cough*). I use a brush for my roots and then just scoop the rest of it up in my hands and run it through my hair. By the way, the gloves that come with it suck. It's like putting 2 plastic grocery bags on your hands. They slide around and fall off during crucial dye application moments. You're better off buying your own disposable gloves.

I have to say that this hair color makes my hair very soft and covers grays very well. I have bought this many times and will continue to do so until the day it is discontinued (since everything I use always ends up discontinued) and I am forced to find a replacement.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bubblesandvanilla

Honestly this product is horrible I only bought it because it was semi-permanent and I thought it would do less damage hence making my hair healthier but boy was I wrong.

First, the conditioner that comes along with the package smells gross, and believe me it takes a lot for me to say something smells since nothing bothers my nose much when it comes to cosmetic products but the stench wouldn't budge even after the third wash.

Second, I was expecting a lighter brown color since I purchased a light beige brown and it just gave me a reddish tint to my medium brown hair... even darkening it.

Lastly, I left the hair dye one for a bit longer for optimal results and it came out the exact opposite.. the only pros I would give it would be that it covered a few grey hairs I had but thats about it - that only raised its rating froom a 1 to a 1.2... still a 1 in my book. Then the grey hairs re-appeared -_-.

Bottom line,

I would absolutely, positively not recommend this "un- healthy look" to anyone because it stinks -- literally and figuratively.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kiki100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for a while and love it! I use Medium Ash Brown and turns a bit darker then the box but my hair is very thick and frizzy and this product makes it shiny and soft. I love the conditioner (I would buy it if they would sell it separately), I never noticed the bad smell so many people describe. It covers my grey hair and I have a lot of greys. I tried the new colour mousse and it was a huge mess.......... so I went back to the Healthy Look. Overall I love the product and I won't change it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by cinlam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My natural hair colour is dark brown, and since I wanted a lighter colour I thought I'd buy the Medium Golden Brown to try. The result? My hair looks even darker now -- almost black!
Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed -- maybe I should have stuck with another brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by brighteyedbuddhist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color I chose, Dark Chestnut Brown, is beautiful! It's darker than it looks.
Made my hair very, very soft and shiny.
Clean, incredibly easy to use. This was my first time ever coloring at home and I didn't need any help.
It didn't make a mess and was easy to rinse out.
I would absolutely buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by yamieyones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last week I decided to touch up the roots on my light blond hair. My hair being naturally dark blond, it's never been an issue to get it to the right color. After buying this product (the color labeled 'light blond') my roots turned orange, the middle turned light BROWN, and the ends of my hair turned an awful shade of brown/green. I have never been so horrified and upset over the turnout of my hair. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get it professionally colored so that I don't damage my hair experimenting with different boxes. I will NEVER buy any L'Oreal products again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by nessavamp

I ended up purchasing this product in Medium Golden Brown- 5G- Golden Truffle and applied it on my virgin dark brown hair (with natural lighter brown streaks). I had not dyed my hair in over 7 years and only used 1 box. Because my hair is long, not all of it came out to an even color since I ran out of product while applying. Some spots where I had my natural lighter hair came out like how it looks like on the box (which seeing it on me made me realized I didn't like it at all-too light for my taste). On the rest of my hair, it didn't really change the color at all. Some of the root area around my bangs is also lighter, which looks a little weird. While applying the product, my hair got really hard to work with, so I suggest to seperate and section your hair off. After I applied the product and washed it off, I made sure to wash it twice and used the horrible smelling conditioner that came with it. I did also apply one of those Ion brand conditioners that come in little packets at Sally's. I haven't had any issues with the dye coming off on my towels or anything of the sort. My hair felt a little rough afterwards, but the roughness went away after a few washes. As for my grey hair, some of them came out to this dark blondish color, while some of them didn't get dyed at all (I'm assuming from only using 1 box on my long hair).
I do want to give this product one more try and will buy a darker shade next time, and this time not only will I use 2 boxes, but I will skip the conditioner that comes with it and just use a good conditioner from Sally's. The conditioner that comes with the product smells horrible and that stentch will stay on your hair for days. However, my cat did love that smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cheercheer21

I have bought this product numerous times in the darkest brown(3) and I have had the best of luck with it. It makes my hair look very shiny and feel so soft but most importantly the color is very intense which is great! I love this product and will definitely continue to use it. My hair looks healthy and rich and even though it turns out a little bit darker than the box says, it still looks amazing. I constantly receive compliments on my hair.