September 2, 2014 | 984 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - ColorIcon Palette in Lust [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

OMG I dont know why I have never got this palette even I went to drugstore so many times since this one came out. This palette especially 'LUST' is incredible, and dirt cheap. Its quality is the best USA-drugstore e/s that I have been trying so far. Nice color, nice pigment, blend very well, staying power is amazing. One day I wear makeup since morning, and came back home at midnight, the e/s still perfect!!! highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had previously purchased the Greed palette and thought the colors were just ok, some of the colors didnt really have a great payoff with their pigmentation. I saw this one on sale for 50% off at the drugstore and was drawn to the purple colors so I thought I might as well try them out for $2.50. I have to say I am really impressed! I swatched these colors and they are super smooth and velvety feeling. These blend really easily and I can not say enough good about them. I really like the matte shades in this palette better than greed which was a little chalky in consistency. The shimmers/glitters are really nice and are very similar to some high end brands in effect. I would recommend trying out this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by hannahx831

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to jump on the bandwagon and say how much I love this eye shadow palette. The colors are great and the shadows themselves are good quality. Silky and creamy and very blendable. The price is also great. The included sponge and brush are cheap, but I rarely ever use the applicators that come with products anyway. I'm not sure I'd purchase any of the other palettes though, just because I'm not a fan of the colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't say much that has already been said--I read all the good reviews and went and scooped this palette up (as well as some of the singles). I LOVE it--for the money, you're not going to find anything better. The shadows are well-pigmented and pretty darn blendable. the lightest matte shade is the least pigmented, but it really doesn't bother me, as I don't need a LOT of that color anyways! If you need a higher-pigmented light color, the single in "sugar" is pretty good.

Is it mac? no. but after trying this, and seeing how good it is for five dollars, there is no need to spend THAT much more for the moderate increase in quality to get mac. I suppose if you had an allergy you might think about it, but for me, it's so not worth it--I love trying new colors, so I might as well do it this way!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

I'm really shocked at how many good reviews there are for this product--I totally hate it, and now I'm wondering if I got a bad batch or something. I got this palette in addition to Pride during a BOGO50 sale because I'm always drawn to purples and plums.

Like the other ColorIcon palettes, this one comes with 3 mattes and 3 corresponding shimmer/glitter colors. For this one, there is a white (similar to MAC Gesso), a white-pink that has small flecks of glitter, a warm plum, a dark purple nearing black with large flecks of glitter, a cooler plum and finally a dark gray shimmer.

I thought they'd make a beautiful plummy smokey eye, but I found that application was difficult with nearly all the shades in this palette. Probably the first thing I noticed was that all the eyeshadows are extremely chalky. Even with base, I get a ton of fallout when I'm applying the shadow--I swear I'm not even kidding when I say a good 10% of the shadow ends up falling out onto my cheeks. Furthermore, I found these shadows hard to blend with brushes. When I tried, the shadows just ended up being pushed around my lid and never really blended out evenly. I also tried with a sponge-tip applicator because I know some shadows work better with a sponge, but this was not the case with these eyeshadows. I'm also disappointed with the purples in this quad. They don't really look as true and bright as they do in the pan on the my lids--no matter how much I try to push the color onto a primed lid the color is not true and ends up looking really dirty. The dark purple glitter basically is chalky black eyeshadow with large chunks of purple glitter that is fallout heaven.

I still love WnW but I am sad to say that this palette sucks. Give me the Mega Eyes Trio e/s back!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is too good to be true. I love purples and all the colors in this are awesome, blendable, vibrant, smooth, long lasting etc.
    I can't believe I even got this bogo as I would pay quadruple what I got this for. I love how one side is matte and the other is shimmery. I always use udpp as a base and a paint pot and it lasts all day without creasing. I have 3 of these palettes and they do not disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JuliaDominick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really only reiterating what everyone else has already said about this palette. Gorgeous colors, amazing texture, little to no creasing, fantastic blendability, blah blah blah. I felt like I hit the cosmic jackpot with this. Until... my eyelids turned crusty and red. That never happened to me before; I don't have sensitive eyes that I am aware of. Through process of elimination I determined that it had to be these shadows. Boo... into the trash it went.
    I had the same problem with the Vanity palette and a couple of the Color Icon singles (notably the light purple and the copper), but no problem with the Greed or Pride palettes. I think there is a certain red dye that WnW must use to which I am sensitive. People with eye allergies, beware.
    Most people don't have my sensitivities, though, so I didn't really dock it any lippies for that reason. It doesn't seem fair to do so when most people would be just fine with this. If I could, I would totally repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by April79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok...If I were you, wondering if I should buy into the hype on this product...the answer is...YES!! I am not a MAC fiend. I do own Mac shadows....I tested the lighter of the 2 purples against Macs Fig eyeshadow...and seriously....they are soooo close no one would know the difference! And the staying power is comparable. I swatchd them both on my hand with primer and wore them for the afternoon. The Mac lasted a bit longer.....but not enough longer that I would run out and but it. And I had my friend try them ( a Mac Junkie) and she could not believe how smooth they were....so yes...go get this...its worth the $5 some odd dollars you are going to pay for 6 shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a buy one get one free thing with "vanity". They are both awesome. This palette is awesome because of the matte purples. I love matte things and I love purple... the combination: awesome. I've said awesome three times now, so I guess that's enough of a review. I think you should buy this. The end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes!!! purchase this!!
    I own every single MAC eyeshadow they are duping and YES it is AWESOME
    I have stopped using my fig1, blac type, and beauty marked.
    The colors are SOOOOO pigmented and LAST FOREVER
    I get 3208529038592385092 compliments when I use this palette.
    As my hubby suggested, since I look absolutely gorgeous with this palette, I save using it till Friday.... for a " grand finale " effect
    LOL
    I love this sooooo much
    I am not much a drugstore kind of girl but WnW has captured my heart w. these treasures!! A MUST in ANY stash. Just give them a try.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No