August 29, 2014 | 1770 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Shine Sensational

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This is a squeeze tube gloss with an angled applicator tip. This is a dense and shiny gloss that is not sticky. It is moisturizing. The color saturation is low. I got this in Grape which is a deeper shade. It leaves a very light blush of plum color with a bit of shimmer. It tastes strongly of grape soda. Overall I am pleased but not wowed. It does leave a very glossy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by debmcms

I got mine in Cherry Bloom. I don't usually wear products on my lips. But if I do, I tend to wear nude colors, or baby pinks (which I consider this.) So the color that results on my lips (which are a light nude-ish peach) is simply a brighter version of my natural color. Along with a subtle pink sheen and of course, shine. This is perfect for schooleverday use. However, like many glossed it doesn't last to long. So it will have to be reapplyed...often, But the packaging allows it to fit right into my pocket. Which is where it is right now. By the way, it tastes great :]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge lipgloss girl, but I bought this in Cocoa Fever to wear with MAC Hover lipliner; and I have to say that I love the look. It gives good glossiness, isn't super-sticky, wears well, and smells faintly of butterscotch. I'm not going out to buy all the other colors, but I think it's a good gloss for the money; and I would definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got a bad batch but I find these hit or miss. I've purchased three of them: Watermelon Punch, Glamorous Guava and Berry Bella. Glamorous Guava looked like the perfect candy pink in the maybelline ad, but didn't show up hardly at all on my lips and looked nothing like it did in the ad. :( Very misleading. OMG and what is with the flavor and smell? When I was first putting it on it tasted ok, but as it sat on my lips for a bit it started to smell like I rubbed gasoline/petroleum on my lips! DISGUSTING. I'm taking these (guava and berry bella) back asap! The watermelon punch on the other hand smelled/tasted great.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried these in "Watermelon Punch" and "Peach Sorbet". I chose shades that looked as though they would be very sheer and non-glitter. Both of them are super-shiny! The Peach one is so light that it's basically clear, but it's quite a nice clear. The Watermelon one looks bright red in the tube, but goes on with only a touch of color. I actually really like the effect, because it brightens my lips without being too much.

I had previously tried Maybelline's "Shiny-Licious" lip gloss in "Strawberry Tart", and it was too bright for me. The Shine Sensational glosses seem to be less pigmented, and much shinier than Shiny-Licious was!

I'm less fond of the taste, smell, and feel. I think Maybelline tends to go overboard with the fake fruit thing, and this is a perfect example of that problem. The Watermelon one was so bad I that returned it. (Yuck!) The Peach one is much better, so maybe it depends on what color you get. It's true that they aren't sticky, but instead, they feel a little bit "heavy". (Stickiness never bothers me as much as heaviness.) Not perfect, but I would probably be willing to buy these glosses again.... if there's a particular shade that appeals to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Crazy for Caramel. The gloss is perfectly fine, but I was expecting a stronger scent/flavor because the tube packages feature pictures of their respective scents. There's a caramel scent, but it's faint and has a burnt, plasticky quality. It's not bad, but it's disappointing, especially since the Volume Seduction glosses have a great citrus smell. There's a slight sugary taste.

The gloss is much more greasy than sticky. Its texture is somewhere between a gel and Vaseline. It's definitely good for the people who hate sticky glosses, but don't expect much lasting power.

The shine is pretty normal. Crazy for Caramel looks like a dark, glittery bronze in the tube but goes on clear with duochrome pink and gold glitter. The glitter's milled well enough that it doesn't look chunky, but you can feel it if you press your lips together.

The packaging looks cute, definitely more stylish than your usual drugstore gloss.

Overall, it's OK. It's not an amazing product that you should rush to get, but nothing's wrong with it, either. It's a cute and fairly inexpensive pick-me-up that works as a basic gloss or lipstick topper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by seasplash

I have this gloss in Tempting Toffee shade with is a deep mauve color in the tube. I am very pleased that those new glosses are gel-like and not sticky. Could the era of sticky glosses truly be over? Looks like it might be!
This gloss glides on smoothly and though the color payoff is minimal if worn alone, it gives a nice shiny finish to lipsticks. It also tastes and smells yummy. It's still not as moisturizing and lovely-feeling as L'occitane glosses for example, but it's definitely up there and well-worth the price tag. Maybelline offers this gloss in an array of colors from candy pinks to cocoa shades. Cute packaging too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Maybelline's done some serious shaking up of their regular line this year and on the whole I've been quite pleased with their newest lines. Their lipsticks and lipglosses from their color sensational line have been particularly big hits with me so I was excited to try this gloss. It's not as great unfortunately. While it does offer great shine and feels nice and slick rather than sticky, the pigment of the two shades (Cranberry Crave and Berry Dazzle) I bought were nearly nonexistent. I've got pale lips and can't go without some sort of lipcolors to keep me from looking washed out, and these didn't offer me anything apart from a slightly different shade of shiny pale. Disappointing, especially since I actually really liked the Shinylicious line that this replaces. Oh and these are very strongly scented. I find that to be both a plus and minus as while I do find flavored gloss appealing I'm really picky about my flavors. Variety is nice but man does it suck when you find a shade you like and it happens to be given a scent you can't stand (for me, that's usually peach or watermelon, both are found in this line!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was quite happy to see these glosses at the store because the rest of Maybelline's Sensational line,lipsticks,lipliners,and glosses are wonderful.I got Cranberry Crave and Sweet Indulgence.They both smell so good and have pretty decent staying power. Cranberry Crave smells like sweet candy apple with just a hint of crushed cranberries that have had sugar added to them.It has some slight shimmer to it,but no chunky glitter.I have very pigmented lips and the color is just enough and pretty powerful for a gloss.The Sweet Indulgence smells just like vanilla frosting!!It smells wonderful without having that fake plastic candy smell that alot of glosses tend to have.It has no shimmer,more like a creme finish.It is a very light pink color so not alot of color,if any shows up on my lips,but I bought it for the smell/flavor so I don't really care.They are not heavy feeling or sticky like MAC's Lipglass can be.They don't dry out my lips and the scent is still there after the gloss has faded. I'm going to get a few more soon.Hopefully there will be some left because these are going fast!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought this was just a rip-off of the glosses sold at Bath and Body Works but for about $0.50 more. I got this in Berry Dazzle - 60. It's a gorgeous sparkly purple color in the tube, which is what enticed me to buy it. It looks like it has blackberries on the packaging but it tastes bubble gum-y to me. Not bad, not great either. I'm a touch disappointed as it's barely pigmented at all. However, it's not sticky enough to rip your lips off which is a real plus for me. From the other reviews, I'm curious to try other colors since they might be more pigmented than the Berry Dazzle.

Edit (actually addition): I got the Tempting Toffee. I'm pleased. It definitely has more pigment (not a lot but just a touch, which is nice if you wear lipstick but don't want to reapply 'full lips' later in the day and just want to refresh your color a little) and the toffee taste is nice. It doesn't tear up/dry out my lips and I found it was under $5 at Walmart as opposed to the $5.49 I paid at Walgreen's. (It was also $5.19 at Target)