MAC Studio Fix Lash

4.1

on 1/13/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

FINALLY...A mascara that is price effective, good, and doen't flake all over the place. I have never been a fan of Diorshow, and 30 dollar mascara is simply not worth it of it's not packing the punch...and this does everything it's suppose to!!! MAC finally got it right!!! IT lengthens, thickens and seperates...simply perfect lashes!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm always on the hunt for a good mascara that will add length. I have bought d/s and D/S but most have failed me. I'm not sure $$ matters with mascara and a few other products.

I bought this when I was trying to decide if I needed (ok, want) another gloss (I didn't). The SA directed me toward SFL. I thought ok, maybe this will be HG.

It's a good mascara. I like the brush. It not big w/large bristles (is that right??), They are small and short which helps to grip my short silkly like lashes. It builds lenght after two coats which most mascara take a LOT to just give me any length. It's not overly gloopy/wet (Zoom) and no flaking.

UPDATE: I took it back. This is no better than a drug store mascara and I can pay a lot less. It just wasn't worth the cost.

continued >>

on 1/11/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I might cry if this is really limited edition. This mascara is great--it seperates wonderfully. I am quite surprised because all of MAC's mascara's usually suck--but not this one! I don't think it does TONS for volume but it stretches and seperates my lashes nicely. It has become my every day mascara. I think it is more of a 'dry' formula and it never clumps!

on 1/11/2010 2:15:00 PM

I really hope that they make this a permanent product because it's the best mascara that MAC has in my opinion. To me MAC mascara is reasonably priced compared to other HE companies and even most drug store brands, but I just couldn't find one that worked for me. This does!! It seperates, gives me volume and length, what more could you ask for. My new HG and for me that's saying alot!!!

on 1/10/2010 11:17:00 AM

This is a really good mascara! It gives me lots of volume and good length also. Keeps a curl for me. Nice and black and didn't flake on me. I already have pretty long and thick lashes though, they just have no color to them and this made my eyes look nice and beautiful. Other MAC mascaras I Have tried are Mascara X, Plushlash, and Zoomlash Black...this one beats them all. It actually was a bit hard to remove at night.

I find mascara a YMMV item, but I think this one is definitely worth going to MAC and testing out!

on 1/9/2010 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am really loving this mascara! Gives great definition and holds the curl in my lashes. I love the brush too, I don't get any clumps! I will definitely be repurchasing this.

Love this stuff. I've never bought a MAC mascara before because I've always heard their mascaras are crap. I think it was easy for the sales lady to talk me into this one because I had a gift card. It's pretty awesome, though. Gives me awesome volume, a little length, and no clumps. The only thing is, it gives me results similar to CG Lash Blast (which is my HG), so IMO there's not really any point in spending extra money on it. If you have issues with the CG Lash Blast brush being too big but you like the formula, though, this may be good for you. The brush has the plastic bristles, but is much thinner than the LB brush.

on 1/6/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a MAC phanatic so I couldn't wait when this came out. I must say of all their mascaras this is my favorite. It lengthens and seperates nice. I love the brush as well. I will definitely be getting this again when I run out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first MAC mascara. I've always steered clear as I've heard their mascara's aren't the best. For some crazy reason I decided to give this mascara a go. So far I'm pleased with my purchase. I have short, thin puny lashes and this mascara adds some thickness and length to my lashes. It doesn't give me the lashes I wish I had, but I don't have much to work with so any amount of thickness and length makes me happy. I haven't had much of a smudging or flaking problem with this mascara, which is fantastic. The packaging is nice. It has a plastic wand similar to some covergirl lash blast or some of those rimmel mascaras. Fortunately the wand isn't so huge I can't maneuver it around my small eyes and lashes. Overall, this isn't too bad! I think I may re-purchace once I run out.

on 1/4/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I think most AC mascaras are ovverated so when I tried this at the MAC counter I was like holy moly! It made me look like I had false lashes on!!! It was $13 which was priced decent. It did more to lengthen than to add volume. I am excited about this one, I did it in one of my haul videos on you tube