November 22, 2014 | 874 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use a little turmeric with a spoonful of natural yoghurt & honey & squeeze of lemon & leave the mask on for 20-30 mins. I did notice after using it a couple of times it brought a lot of pimples to the surface, which was good as I could feel my skin was congested. I'm really pleased with result as my skin feels smoother, my pores seem less visible & have noticed it has helped lighten the dark circles around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by sallyfielding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Long story short, tumeric is AMAZING! I was on the search for a homemade face mask that would add more moisture to my skin and make my overall complexion just... better. This did just that! Firstly, I cleansed my face just to be sure it was thoroughly clean and I was starting with a clear base. Next, I mixed up my mask - 1 tsp yoghurt (I just used a tub of no fat Yoplait in french vanilla, but I guess all natural etcetc. would work better), 1 tsp of olive oil & 1/4 tsp of tumeric. A lot of reviews say to use honey, which is a really beneficial ingredient for clearing up skin, but unfortunately i suffer reactions when I use it on my face. I applied it to my face using my fingers - just a thin layer - and left it for about 15 minutes. I was a little wary to leave it any longer as I'm very pale and read online that it stains - which I can confirm it does. I washed it off and instantly noticed the difference. While my skin didn't feel tight in a dry way, it looked tight in a good way, which is a major positive for me as I always have dry skin and that tight feeling is not nice! My pores had diminished in size (and if I may just add, my pores tend to be quite big and noticeable, especially around and on my nose), my complexion had evened out and while not all of my red patches had disappeared, they had certainly calmed down. My skin honestly looked super hydrated and genuinely healthy.
The only downside I found was that I was left with a small amount of staining. I did the mask right before bed so I wasn't too fussed about it and figured it would more than likely come off in the shower in the morning, but I did decide to try a trick someone on here had suggested and applied yoghurt to my dry face and let it set before washing it off. This instantly removed any left over tumeric and I was left with a clear and radiant skin. I'd seriously recommend this for anyone with dry skin, and I've seen recipes whereby changing a few of the ingredients, such as oil or honey to oats can be beneficial for oily skin.
For the cheap cost of all the products, I'd definitely say it's worth it! I think it will 100% be a weekly component of my skincare routine!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by 05geo

I had suffered from acne for many years and though it was finally over when I hit my 20s. Then I got diagnosed with a immune condition and had to start taking steroids everyday. The steroids (prednisone) did so much damage to my skin and left me with many dark scars. I am still on the meds and have had non stop acne for the last 5 years.

A month ago I decided to start the turmeric treatment and it has worked really well in this short time. It has faded a lot of my scars and controls my acne. Ofcourse, my skin is still nowhere near perfect but I will keep using turmeric since it has worked well so far. I have also recently started drinking some turmeric powder with water to stop inflammation from within.

I put on the mask every evening for about a half an hour. I don't notice much yellowing and since it's the last thing I do before bed, the yellowing doesn't bother me at all.

I make my mask with turmeric powder, chick pea flour (besan), lemon juice and yogurt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is supposed to have anti-septic properties but I generally use it to fade acne scars. I mix it with chick pea flour and water but you can use it with either milk / lime juice or honey depending on your skin type. Then I apply it as a mask and wait till it's completely dry. I rinse it lightly so that the mask becomes grainy and gently slough my skin of dead cells.

It leaves my skin glowing, clearer and is absolutely natural. I'm Indian so the turmeric barely stains my skin, but fairer folks might like to tone down the turmeric just a bit. Either way, the stain wears off after a few washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

If one is willing to look past the staining effect of turmeric, it's a godsend herb for skincare. I've been struggling eternally with acne and I always turn to turmeric to heal acne and brighten those unsightly spots. If anyone has reservation about the stain, mix turmeric with yogurt, egg white or lemon/lime juice to minimize the yellow residue and use a pair of plastic gloves to brush to apply the mixture. Even if you don't want to be troubled with the turmeric mask, you could still take it internally. I drink a cup of water mixed with curcumin powder and minced ginger (which is also great for its anti-inflammatory effect) every morning before breakfast) and notice a visible improvement in my skin tone. I also find fresh turmeric to work much better than the processed, refined isolated one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by hello2489

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in my early 20s and have suffered from moderate cystic acne since I was 16. I have tried various pharmaceutical products (creams containing high concentrations of tretinoin or benzoyl peroxide, and oral antibiotics) to get rid of my acne, but as soon as I stop the treatments, the acne returns in full force. Where I come from, sandalwood powder (available at organic or spice stores) is considered a powerful, natural anti-acne treatment and, mixed with an equal amount of turmeric and enough fresh lime juice to make a smooth, thin paste, it makes for an excellent anti-acne mask. However, the lime juice stings, so do NOT use this if you have sensitive skin. For sensitive skin, I'm sure water or unsweetened yoghurt would work just as well to bind the sandalwood powder and turmeric into a paste.

Initially, I applied this mask every night for three months. When my skin cleared up, I would only apply it about 3 or 4 times a week. You can gently rub the paste into your skin to exfoliate, but do not do this often. I exfoliate with this paste about once a week, but otherwise I just smear it thickly onto my face after cleansing with a gentle face wash, avoiding the eye area. I leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour, and then rinse it off with water. Provided your skin isn't sensitive, the stinging sensation should only last for 5-10 minutes (you'll get used to it!).

I have been using this mask for about 5 months now and it's the best anti-acne treatment I've ever tried. It's also dirt-cheap, and all ingredients are actually good for your skin (unlike the chemical nasties in conventional anti-acne products). After washing off the mask and pat-drying your skin with a towel, I recommend moisturising with rosehip oil because it reduces scars and won't clog your pores. You'll wake up the next morning with glowing, smooth skin.

You have nothing to lose, so I recommend trying it. Your skin might purge for the first two weeks, but persevere. Your skin will clear up after that. Thank me later! :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by mookowzmoo

I wish I had known about turmeric before I bought expensive creams that didnt work and high-end makeup to cover the left over pigmentation spots from my acne. Ive been using turmeric masks for about 3 weeks, a few times a week and i have already seen my spots reduce in size and color. Current acne spots are also going away much easier.

i mix turmeric and milk to a paste, as i have found that reduces the yellowness the best, and wear the mask for about 15 minutes before washing off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Kirstyw89

1.50 at asda what a bargain mix table spoon of gram flour then honey almond oil tea spoon of turmeric and watch your problems fade away my go to acne cure leave on for 20mins wash off use 2-3 times a week depending on the problem area and you'll be glad you read these reviews

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by blackblackblack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mix turmeric with raw honey, cinnamon, and sometimes greek yogurt. It doesn't stain my face terribly and if you get the proportions down (might take a mix or two) it really isn't so runny. Turmeric does leave my face looking like I put a little self tanner on, but it is not obviously stained. In any case, it washes off after a day, and I usually do this on my days off or at night.

I alternate between the turmeric mask and a mask made from strawberries and bentonite clay. The area where I have acne- jaw, lower chin- is easier to apply makeup to. The redness and bumpiness have decreased noticeably, and a few dark acne scars have faded. I firmly believe that for some of us with hormonal skin problems, it helps to quit applying so many chemicals (or ANY, if you can help it), focus on internal health, and use natural, non-irritating treatments. I recommend trying turmeric, inside and out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first heard of turmeric over you tube and researched that it has medicinal properties and are beneficial for problematic skin like acne or hyper pigmentation, i got convinced and bought it ,i first used it with rice flour ,green tea and honey but onced i took off the mask i had yellow skin! i mean it was night so i didn't worry and next morning i washed my face and i didn't have yellow skin anymore i mean i have light skin but even though turmeric makes you look like the simpsons for a bit its not permanent it goes away like in two washes ,,.its actually great for spot treatment everytime i had an inflamed pimple it will heal it over night ,just that i stopped using it because it stained my pillows and i just felt like it was too messy, So then i heard greek yogurt was really good for the skin so i bought it and mixed it with turmeric ,.,.,thats like the perfect combination !!! both help the skin and when i take the mask of i don't have yellow skin and it leaves my skin so smooth ,,.,i recommend it :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No