August 28, 2014 | 1517 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by witheverylookandtouch

Turmeric is a life saver! I've started recommending it to all of my family and friends. I've been struggling with advanced acne for about 10 years now, but finally got "normal skin" by using birth control for a few months. My acne was hormonal so the birth control regulated my hormones and, in turn, my skin got better. The downside was that I was left with mild scarring (both small pits and seemingly permanent red spots), mostly on my cheeks and chin.
I gave turmeric a try and noticed a difference after just one use! Three uses in and my skin has improved by at least 30%. Not only is the overall redness completely gone, but my red spots are about a fifth as bright as they used to be. As an added bonus, I put some turmeric under my eyes and my under-eye skin is almost completely back to normal! (Purple is about 3/4 gone, skin is mostly no longer "chicken skin"-looking.) The difference is so noticeable that when going to see friends with no makeup, they remark on how great my skin is looking and ask me what I've been doing differently!
I mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric with a small squirt of olive oil and some honey. The honey is necessary to make the consistency of the texture not too liquid-y. The olive oil entirely prevents my skin staining because turmeric is fat soluble. (I also have tried making a mask with fat-free milk. There was mild staining afterwards that lasted until the next day.)
I then apply with an old ELF foundation brush (they're the cheapest) and let the mask sit for awhile on my skin! I'm so impressed that there have been this good of results so quickly after beginning treatment. I can't even imagine how good my skin will look after only a few more!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally used turmeric to treat acne scarring, but have noticed acne clearing up, brighter skin and more even skin tone. I use it around my eyes to help with dark circles.
I mix 3 heaped tsp of turmeric with some honey use as a mask, daily. Always wear gloves when doing this, and when rinsing off!
I also mix turmeric and cocnut oil and apply around my eyes and the skin is much brighter and lighter, and dark circles have reduced. I apply it with a cotton bud.
I don't waste money on products to treat scarring or uneven skin tone, this is the best product I've found.
I also take it internally and my skin glows and acne has cleared up nicely. I take 1/2 tsp in my morning green tea, and 1/2 tsp before bed. Mix with some honey if you don't like the taste. You could even make your own capsules.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by KrissyGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I make a homemade mask and use it about once a week(should probably use it like 2-3 times). I eye ball all the measurements so sometimes i put to much in and get a tinge yellow after 20 minutes but i use a homemade lemon toner and it takes the discoloration right off(you see the yellow on the cotton ball). I make the mask with almond milk, oat flour, honey(love), turmeric and lately ive been adding cinnamon and nutmeg, it burns for the first five minutes but the results are worth it. The mask is all organic except when i add the cinnamon and nutmeg(haven't gotten around to buy organic ones yet). My face feels amazing after it. Apply the mask with a make up applicator or something it gets messy, leave it on for 20 minutes and then just rinse really well with warm water, the results are so good.My face feels awesome after, and looks great, and it evens out my tone as well. If anyone wants the exact recipe, inbox me, i think i have it somewhere.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lalovelyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a Esthetician and have used Turmeric for the past 3-4 years as a brightening mask and spot treatment for acne: pustules. (1tsp Tur & 1 tbsp plain yogurt). It accelerates the healing of my skin and is anti- inflammatory. My skin is golden brown I can experience the "stain"effect if I mix in to much Turmeric, so fair skin folks start off with just a pinch. I also use it as a exfoliant and mix with my Dermalogica Daily microfoliant.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Indians have known about the medicinal and cosmetic properties of turmeric since thousands of years. Turmeric is found in every spice box in every indian house and is used extensively in indian cuisine.
*Because of its antiseptic properties, it works very well on cuts and wounds and is very effective in curbing blood flow from a wound (but it stains clothes very easily and those stains are nearly impossible to remove)
* Half a teaspoon of tumeric dissolved in warm milk is very effective in curing coughs and colds. It also helps insomniacs sleep. In fact, this milk is good in most illnesses.
* Turmeric mixed with honey is also wonderful in curing coughs and colds too. Taken 2-3 times a day, it helps sooth the throat as well as the easy expulsion of phlegm to speed up recovery.
* This is actually considered as a "heaty" spice so its best to reduce consumption of this in summer. In winter, it really helps in warming up the body especially when had with steaming milk and honey.
* There are loads of cosmetic uses of turmeric too...in India, there is a pre wedding ritual where the bride and the groom are scrubbed by their respective families with a paste of turmeric mixed with other stuff to give them an extra glow for the big day.
* A very common face mask used by millions of indian women is a simple one of turmeric mixed with chick pea flour. You can add yoghurt to this or honey depending on whether you have dry or oily skin.

I could go on and on but go ahead, get some turmeric and experiment. :)

25 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read somewhere that you could mix turmeric with your foundation to make it more yellow (if you have a yellowish skintone that is), and since I
use mineral powder foundation I tried it. Smells a bit weird, but works pretty good! :) And the fact that it's supposed to have beneficial skin properties doesn't make it any worse!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Turmeric can be used internally and externally for health and beauty - as an herb or herbal supplement or applied topically to impart a vibrant golden color and antioxidants.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Shreelar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had some kind of growth - in between skin and fingernail - growing in the middle of my forehead. It had no color, and was kind of pointy. I called it my unicorn horn.

I was nervous about trying wart medication so close to my eyes, so I tried a mix of turmeric and coconut oil, covered with a small bandage. I think it was about 3 weeks before the growth disappeared. It tried to return a year or so later, so I used the turmeric/coconut oil again and it didn't take as long to disappear, since I started it quickly.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Adi96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great blemish reducer and skin enhancer. I mix it with an Indian face powder and water to make a mask. My dark spots and acne are almost completely gone now! Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Mischka786

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use turmeric for my asthma.

I developed asthma two years ago and nothing was helping...the inhalers are only temporary relief and don't really cure the issue.

My mom heard the remedy on some TV show by a doctor. Basically, you take a few tablespoons of turmeric and put it in a pan. Heat the turmeric in the pan until it starts to burn and smoke. Inhale the smoke like you would an inhaler...through your mouth.

It helped so much that I haven't really touched my inhaler since then. In fact, I've never even used my emergency one. If you do this consistently a few times a day or as needed...eventually the dependency on the inhaler decreases to almost nothing.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No