July 29, 2014 | 1966 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Olay Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really loving this concealer! I get horrible allergies this time of year, and the skin around my eyes gets very dry and irritated. This is the only concealer I've tried that doesn't worsen the dryness, and doesn't irritate my already watery eyes. It's VERY moisturizing...almost soothing...and covers really well. And that's saying a lot when the dark circles under my eyes worsen with allergy season!
I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am loving this concealer for my under eyes! It is moisturising and doesn't settle into fine lines. I find the coverage to be great and seems to last most of the day. Would rate a 5 if it was a bit more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this concealer. I don't think it's pricey for a drugstore brand because you do get a lot of product in the jar. It covers well, and blends easily into the skin. The coverage is fairly buildable if you want it to be more opaque. I don't understand the point of the serum swirls in the product because they don't seem to do anything. I wish they had a wider variety of shades. I like the corrector because it has a yellow hue. The concealer shades are all a bit on the pink side.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the color match results from covergirl.com, I wanted to love it but unfortunately their suggestions were off and Light 210 is far too dark for my fair, freckled complexion. The product applied fairly easy at first, but it seemed to just sit on top of my skin and did not blend too well (felt sort of cakey). I also noticed the product started to crack in the container after a couple days, as though it was drying out...I ended up returning this. Pricey for drugstore, would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by FangBanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good concealer for the price and the type. I am NC15 and the lightest shade works well. It has a good consistency- doesn't settle into lines, doesn't clump, and doesn't cake. I think the lasting power is respectable! I use it under a powder, so that does help. I strongly doubt that it would actually stay for very long on its own, but what product does?

The coverage is fairly opaque, but not obviously so. I like it for my own needs. I have slight dark circles, but my worst problem is little purple veins just under my eyes, and it works really well for those. Since I'm only 22, I can't really say I bought this for its "ageless" properties, but only because it was marketed specifically for the eye area. Hopefully I'm also doing myself some good by using it- but who knows!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kathrine

I don't know what it is with this line of products. Like the blush, this was good when I first started using it. Then it began to crack in the container. So I can't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using the La Mer Radiant Concealer for under eye darkness and circles, but this settled into fine lines and began to emphasize dryness. The CoverGirl/Olay concealer is AMAZING...it provides complete coverage of any darkness and does not settle into fine lines. The pot is huge...I have been using it for over a month, and I have not even begun to make a dent in the product. I just swirl my finger in the pot (to mix the serum with concealer) and gently pat my under eye area. I use the corrector first and follow with this product when I need extra coverage. I initially purchased this product in shade light, which was far to fair, and I now use shade light-medium, which is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been resisting trying this one mostly because of the price (and I couldn't catch it on sale it seemed, it's $12.99 at CVS nonsale) and the fact that it doesn't have SPF. But, I had a 25% off coupon for CVS yesterday and saw the color "light medium" 215 which sounded like a good match for under my eyes (I have been trying to go a tad darker than the fair and light concealers of which I have SO many, because even though I'm light skinned, they seem too chalky lately). I think you get quite a bit of product for the money with this one (it's a pot full with a screw off cap, no applicator) and you can use your own brush to apply it if the finger-dipping into a pot grosses you out (although I used my finger twice now, tsk tsk). Like the other CG olay products, this one is the color of the product swirled with white product that I assume is supposed to be the olay serum or whatever. This concealer is a pleasant surprise! Nice color match and pretty good coverage (I'd say medium-light buildable coverage and I have fairly dark hereditary undereye circles that no concealer covers completely naturally). Blends nicely without pulling and tugging. Like the other Simply Ageless products (I have 3 of the cream blushes which I like), it becomes blendable very quickly (it liquifies a bit into a thin slippery cream with a silicon-y feel), blends quickly, feels ultra light, and a little product goes a long way. I like idea of the moisturizing swirl but the product is more light and "cone-y" feeling than a rich cream. I like this so far. I would like it more if it provided SPF and to be honest, I wish it were a tad more truly creamy so I felt like it was really moisturizing instead of just giving lots of "slip." But, I do think it's decently moisturizing without being heavy, making your makeup run, or breaking you out. Worth a shot, I think even younger people in their 20s would like this concealer although it's geared toward the "older" crowd (I'm 37 and I guess spokesmodel Ellen D is near 50 but she does look good!). I don't have a HG in concealers so I'm always on the hunt (like I said, I have dark circles for sure) but this is one of the better ones! I also like Dr Denese's Smart Concealer, Amazing Cosmetics concealer, and Sheer Cover cream concealer. Revlon honestly makes good concealers as well and I still occasionally use Lancome Photogenic concealer in Ivorie and I like it although it seems a little dry in the pot.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For reference I have this in 210 Light. (I also have the corrector but I am not including my opinions on that in this review) I find that I reach for this more than any of my other under eye concealers lately. It's pretty pigmented so it covers my circles pretty well. A little goes a long way! It can and sometimes does settle into my lines but usually a quick pat to smooth it back out is all that's necessary. Holds up most of the day. I can't say that the Olay in it is doing anything for my under eye area at all. I think it's pretty expensive for a drug store brand but I would most likely buy again, but luckily I don't think I'll have to for a while considering I've had this well over 6 months and have more than half the tub left. I use my fingers to swirl across the top to mix the Olay with the concealer then pat onto my skin because I feel the heat of my fingers helps this blend.
EDIT JULY 2013: I gave up on this a while ago. After finding much better alternatives that don't settle into my fine lines it has sat in my drawer rotting. Tried it again just to see and barely made it through the day without wiping off and going back to my HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

I like the consistency on this product but this is not my hg concealer because of the color selection. I am an NC 35 and i got this in the darkest shade and it was way too light and pink. so sadly, im not going back to this. Althought i use it as a primer on my lids or to cancel out my lip color

PROS:
-nice consistency
-medium coverage
-benefits light to fair people with pink undertones

CONS:
-three shades, doesn't support people darker than NC 30
-pricey for a drugstore product