Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 6/12/2011 10:51:00 PM

I bought Extase in Plum (LE as far as I know) since I have been on a hunt for a good plum mascara.
The formula is about the same as regular Extase which is definitely a plus. Lashes are fuller and longer, and I had no issues with clumping or flaking. Extase is a thicker formula so it does take a little longer to dry down but I was already used to that. Once dry, I had no issues with the pigment falling onto my lower lid throughout the day.

In the tube it has a beautiful vibrant plum colour. On the lashes however it basically just looks black. I tried it alone and over various primers with the same result. Because I already love the original I'll keep using this up but it's definitely not the plum I was looking for.

on 6/10/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I asked the SA to recommend me a Diorshow that would give me va va voom lashes and she reached out for this one. I was a little sceptical because of the brush but the results are impressive. Lengthens, thickens, curls and probably the only mascara I've ever encountered where the curl retains its shape even past 12 hours. Fantastic. I can't compare to the original Diorshow because it was more than 7 years ago since I tried it but it's definitely better than Diorshow Iconic because this does a good job of lengthening too. My only complaint aside from the high price is that the brush tends to pick up a lot of excess so you'd really have remove the extra globs lest you end up with clumped out lashes.

on 5/25/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this mascara a lot! Its better then Diorshow definately!!! I might buy it again, I'm always on the search for a better mascara but this one is really nice. It gives me lenght and volume :) When it smudges during putting on its quite difficult to take it off, it stays on very well!

on 5/21/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, it does give length, it does give volume, but it's oh so clumpy on me, especially if I apply more than one coat. Good point - it doesn't flake. Perhaps a bad batch or something but not going to re-purchase. There are much better mascaras out there. Hypnose by Lancome to name but one. UPDATE this mascara gets so much better after a month or two! It creates fantastic full long lashes! I am definitely going to re-purchase!

on 5/21/2011 10:21:00 AM

WOW! I didn't think there was a mascara to out do Diorshow! Extase mascara is fantastic ... it's much wetter than Diorshow, but once it dries it stays put. I like thick lashes, so do a lot of coats, this works a treat. The key difference I notice is that this makes your lashes look glossy and naturally plumped, while Diorshow sometimes seems a bit flakey and dry looking. Very happy indeed - I've tried them all and this one is definately the best mascara so far :0) UPDATE - I have it in brown now (brown and plum are now in the permanent range - hurray!) - the brown is lovely and dark (darker than Diorshow chestnut). I have them both and use them depending on the look I want. I find extase is more natural looking - and Diorshow is sexy volume.

on 5/8/2011 1:16:00 AM

Love it! if you're looking for volume then u should definitely buy it

Woah man, HG.

I tried the Iconic before, but I didn't quite like the brush, and the formula didn't quite appeal to me either. Then I tried the Extase and it was WONDERFUL.

I agree with other reviews, the first few applications were watery and difficult to work with, however, after using it multiple times, the formula really starts to thicken, or harder a bit. Now it is the perfect consistency. This mascara really does lengthen my lashes and it also gives them volume. I had this on when I went shopping for other make up, and the SA at Estee Lauder had sat me down to take of fmy eye make up so I could try some of their new products. First, she asked if she could take off my fake lashes, and when I told her they were my natural lashes she was so surprised. Then, it took he rabout four tries to take off the mascara completely, and she asked me what type of "waterproof" mascara I was wearing. This product is not waterproof, but the staying power is amazing, if it could fool another SA then it must be great! I told her that it was the Extase, and before I left the store I saw the same SA buying the mascara from the Dior SA!

The packaging is beautiful, sleek and shiny. While touching up in the mirror of a public washroom, the lady beside me kept eyeing the casing, and finally asked me where she could purchase the mascara. It is very sturdy and easy to hold. One thing that isn't great about this product is that it really doesnt hold curl that well. If you want it to hold, you have to wait until it is completely dry and then pump your eyelash curler several times. I still use an eyelash comb, which isn't really a hassle for me since I usually use one anyways, with any mascara, so to me there is no clumping involved. The color is very black and makes your eyes stand out. You can apply it lightly for an everyday look, and it is VERY buildable so you can apply it heavily with several coats for some extra drama.

The price is kind of steep. At the Bay, it is about $32 CDN which is the only reason I am taking off a lippie, but IMO it is worth every penny.

on 4/12/2011 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this mascara. It is better than any lancomes I have tried and I have tried them all. I was recommended this over the Diorshow by the MUA. This does do a lot for your lashes, does not flake, you need to be careful because it can clump. I feel like the wow factor lasts longer than any of lancomes. Exstase seems to keep performing still after a couple of months. I can't say that this is my HG mascara but I have not found one that is yet. This would be if it were a slicker mascara. I like a mascara that looks slick and wet and this has more of a dry look on your lash. I would recommend and would purchase again.

on 4/12/2011 12:10:00 AM

i am in love with this mascara! it gives me the length/dramatic volume i am looking for in just one coat. it has never flaked/smudged on me. i just love the look it gives my lashes. yes, it's a bit pricey, but it's a nice way to spoil yourself :) i'll continue to repurchase

on 4/10/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my second time buying this mascara, the first time I returned it because no matter what I could not get it to look good. So when I was at sephora I decided to buy the lash plumper, diorshow iconic, and the extase plumping. Well, for the first few times I wore it I was disappointed it looked like poo, my lashes went from being nicely curled to pointing straight out...not a good look. So then I decided to try to use my shiseido lash primer instead, can you say OMG holy lashes? It makes my lashes look fake if I curl them, apply my shiseido base, followed immediately by a coat of the diorshow iconic, followed immediately by the extase. You must apply the coats while its still wet though otherwise you get a clumpy mess. But I can honestly say that with these products it gives me that beautiful long full lash look that I love so much. I will definitely buy again.