August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ak1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with NYX cosmetics, but i was truly dissapointed by this eyshadow base. L'oreal decrease works much better than this; this eyshadow base keeps my lids from not creasing for maybe 5 hrs at the most ): I was really hoping that this would work very well, but i was mistaken. I love the texture and the color as well as the packaging but the quality of the last power is just a dissapointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by xotsmoke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like this eye shadow base, but I can honestly say there have been better. It definitely gets the job done, but my eyeshadows don't really stick well to this base, you need to use a lot. (Which I do NOT like doing).
I paid $8 for this, and I don't think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BTW I am not 18, I'm 31, with semi-oily lids. My shadow runs and creases from sweat because its so hot where I live, plus I really pile on the shadow depending on my chosen look. I love bold eye color.

Ladies! If this creases on you its because you have oily lids, and you need a dry application on top of this. So i suggest using this as a good basic primer and then adding your own POWDER swipe on top of it. Just a touch of powder will help set this base and make it NOT CREASE for hours. I know this because e/s creases on me, even MAC brand. Without a primer like this there is no hope for my eyes. I live in a humid environment and I found that this base helped a lot and it magnified the color by 10x

Remember to SET this e/s base with your own powder and you will be good to go. Just a touch is all that is required. I think this product is a steal..even when I used foundation and powder my e/s would crease but with this primer it stays in place all day

Its not the product, its the formula, the skin type, and the method of application. That said, this is a great buy and it comes in handy for creating bold, powerful and long-lasting color, especially when used specifically with NYX shadows. The jar is easy to use with the NYX e/s applicators that come with the e/s trios.

Purchase again? Hell yeah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised by the "low" rating for this eyeshadow base. My normal base is the UDPP, which I forgot to bring to Hawaii for a wedding. So I went to the Long's Drugs (aka CVS) and bought the NYX eyeshadow base in Skin tone. I was blown away by it, after 8 hours with high humidity (~80%) and a touch of "rain", I did not have any smudges OR creases on my eyeshadow or eyeliner. I have been using it for about 1 week now in Hawaii, but will post an update in the future since I will be returning home to Las Vegas.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupispowerzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I really liked about this product is the price and packaging . It doesn't really help with the staying power of your shadow. It does crease. I think its just a concealer to be honest. I will try using it during the winter though. Other than that I really think you should skip this product! By the way I have oily lids...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this primer for the first time tonight. I absolutely did NOT like it. I normally use UDPP or Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but wanted to try something different and less expensive. At first it did intensify my eyeshadow, but after two hours alot of the color was gone. BTW I do not have oily eyelids and have never experienced creasing or fading before trying the NYX. I will try it again in the wintertime. I live in Houston and it's insanely humid right now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Do a scan on these reviews by age. You will notice (mostly) that the younger the age, the better the reviews. In other words, this doesn't do squat for older eyes. If you have young tight eyes, go for it. If you are over 35...this is going to do anything for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jusbeinme263

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, I use it almost everyday under my eyeshadows, it really brings out the color and helps my shadows last all day,super creamy,blends easily,and it smells good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPanda013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am really not a fan of this product! It was a bit too dark for my skin, and my shadow was faded and creased after only a few hours. I would only use this if you weren't going to be out all day, because it didn't hold shadow very well past 3 hours. I do like the packaging, but I don't think I will be repurchasing this eyeshadow base! Just throw down the money for a high quality base like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

I discovered this eyeshadow base at ULTA. It comes in a small jar with a screw-off lid. The color of this base actually looks fine on my pale lids, glides on nicely, & makes eyeshadow easier to apply. It does seem to make eyeshadow last a bit longer. It isnt great, but not bad. It might work for ppl with drier eyelids since it contains mineral oil. For most it, would be better without it. There are some superb eye primers out there like from Urban Decay, Too Faced, & e.l.f.