August 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I wanted to like this. I really wanted to like this. But... its just way to glittery. Pros: 1. Very pigmented 2.Wearing daily... would last forever Cons: 1. Makes my face look like a glitter bomb... and yes, I only use a TINY amount! 2. Not a good face high lighter for my medium tan skin. Okay as eye hight light. 3. Emphasizes even the smallest blemish. Over all I don't love or hate this product but I certainly would not spend $24 on it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by JJLOVEE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shimmery, but not sparkly
Glowy, not oily
Yellow pale gold, not WHITE or SUPER gold

The color, texture, amount of shine is quite impressive for this 0.3 oz "loumanizer." There is a lot for this product and I purchased this when it was 50% off when they relaunched their website back in April. It was a good deal but compared to higher ended products, regular price is a fairly good deal.

I was afraid of me looking like a glitter bomb, and fortunately, that is not so! I applied it with a fan brush, and just directly placed my brush on the powder, sweep ever so slightly, and then tap the excess (see how a lot of product comes off) then slide it across the high points of my cheeks. I do it a second time but the great thing about it is that YOU definitely control the glow factor to your liking.

I also like to use a sweep on top of my eyelids for a continued glowy effect.

It is a really great starter highlighter for a powder too.

I would repurchase it but I do not know how long it will take to even finish it!
It may look like it will look glitter clumpy on your face, but fear not!

If you hate it for a highlighter/loumanizer, you'll be okay to use it as a inner corner highlight or glowy under-eyebrow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ldeibert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this highlighter! It is beautiful, and very pigmented. Although mine got shattered when some kids I was babysitting were throwing it around :( It is still usable though luckily! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by shuluva1

This is my HG highlighter! A little goes a very long way and you want to use a very light hand while applying. So happy I decided to purchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Gorgeous highlighter - the best I have tried! This is 100 times better than NARS albatross which appeared metallic and too golden yellow on my skin. It was also quite chunky and not finely milled like this one. It gives such a gorgeous golden champagne sheen...very pretty. Use a light hand as it is pigmented. It's so smooth and I love the sturdy packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by syrli

i tried this product once (couple of years ago), i ordered it home from an internet web site, and i was very disappointed! i was trying and trying to apply it,but no color reflex or shine came on the skin from it,like cheap kids makeup or something!..it was really an weird product i thought,later i have heard so many good things about it..Now i wonder if i got an product that was expired on the date.i just tossed it out after a while..i have quite light skin so it should have shown up at my skin ..not even in bright daylight could i see a differense...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever highlighter and I've been loving it since I bought it about a month ago. I use it mainly under my brow bone and lightly on my cheeks. It applies really well and blends out pretty nicely. It doesn't give any color and it doesn't look glittery. It just adds beautiful shine. And the package is really, really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite highlighters, but since I got Betty I don't rely tend to use this unless I want a very strong "I have on highlighter highlight" I checked that I would purchase again but only if I got it on hautelook for half off like I did in the first place. I love the cut packaging, I meen who wouldn't, other then that great highlight for on top of cheeks and brow bone highlight, tooo glittery to put down bridge of nose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by keyshias34

My Hg highlighter!!!!!! I love Mary so much since I bought her I have forgotten about all my other highlighters. Its a gorgeous pale gold champagney color ( NOT TOO YELLOW GOLD). It's dramatic but absolutely no glitter! Just makes you look fresh and dewey. Soft buttery texture and super pigmented. I feel the price is fair especially because you receive a ton of product. Only one problem when I'm darker about Nc45 during summer months it could look just a tad Icey/ashy. So I mix it when I'm darker but otherwise it blends into skin beautifully. So if your dark I would recommend Betty lou manizer instead which is a bronzer but works as a highlighter on dark/deep skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

I bought this luminizer based on the rave reviews that it gets here on MUA. I agree that it's very pretty and the powder is extremely soft and pigmented. However, i don't think i'd buy it again since i think it's not very natural looking at all. It definitely is very obvious and doesn't really give that "lit from within" glow but rather gives a very obvious shimmery effect on the face. Maybe i'm just not applying it correctly but I much prefer my Too Faced Candlelight duo highlighter as it's much more subtle.