Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 8/22/2011 4:17:00 PM

The application of this nail polish was somewhat of a nightmare. It was really thick and goopy making it nearly impossible to put it on the nails neatly. It's also really streaky but mostly fixable by the second coat. The color is also more of a robin blue color than a light green and a little too chalky for my light coloring. I probably would not repurchase in the future.

on 8/10/2011 10:21:00 PM

OMG! I think I'm in love! This shade of green is gorgeous! Originally, I didn't think this color would look good with my tan, and was even debating between this and turquoise & caicos' but ended up with mint candy apple.I believe this shade is one of those colors that's truly flattering for every skintone. Although the consistency is a little runny at first, after 2 coats of color and a topcoat, the results are beautiful. Definitely recommended as a fun summer color!

on 7/26/2011 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

PROS
-best mint color (bluer than most)
-creamy look
-opaque
-non streaky
CONS
-none that I can think of yet!
This is my go-to all-time favorite polish. I got this baby 2 years ago when it first came out, before the whole pastel/mint colored nail polish craze happened. I was in love, and still am. I also own china glaze for audrey, and 2 other mint colors but I always come back to this one and I get the most complements on it as well. This polish made me love essie as well. Never streaky and comes in great colors. Plus, I live out in the country where the only stores we have are target and walmart (we just got a marshalls!!) so its wonderful that essie is sold in target, even if its only limited.
wonderful!!

updating this: i just bought a second bottle bc i believe they are discontinuing this soon!

Must buy. Again, most essies aren't extremely cheap so I rated it in between price wise but everything is perfect about this nail polish. It's rare to find but this essie nail polish is again perfect for everything

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Mint Candy Apple from the Winter 2009 Sweet Time of the Year collection by Essie is a pretty pastel mint green. Formula-wise it's very thin and needs three coats to become opaque; this has the tendency to pool in your cuticle if you aren't careful. It's a very unique mint, not too chalky but it is not too buttery either. Like an old fashioned peppermint from the early 1920s, it is a 'creme de menthe', not too yellow or too blue and very eye catching. I don't have a mint anything like this one in my vast collection. It's a love. And even though Essie claims it's LE it seems to be in the permanent collection in all the Ultas and salons I frequent. A must have. Only downside is the thin formula, but that can be forgiven once this polish is on your nails.

on 7/2/2011 1:52:00 PM

I was pretty disappointed in this np. I love essie usually, its one of my favs. But this formula is really weird! It is super gloopy on the first coat, but it usually works out by the second coat, but its usually pretty messy looking at the end, with a lot of clean up. I like the color a lot, but I feel like I can find a better formula. Won't repurchase.

on 6/30/2011 10:35:00 AM

Such a pretty colour. Formula is quite thin (needs 3 coats) and chips quite easily. I also hate the brushes essie supplies and am eagerly awaiting a OPI doppelganger. But the colour is so pretty i'd buy it again.

on 6/29/2011 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love the colour, but unfortunately I found that it chipped easily. This could be more of a reflection on my nails as generally nail polishes don't last as long on me as they seem to on others, but it did seem to chip a lot quicker than other nail varnishes I've used (my average is about 4 days with a seche vite top coat, this chipped in about 2). despite this I would still buy it again as I love the colour so so so much!!

on 6/26/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shade, it's actually a pastel seafoam color IMO rather then a minty green. It's so gorgeous and is my favorite color to wear. I was always a pink girl but this shade is just so modern and pretty to wear. It covers perfect in 2 coats, dries quickly, and lasts for almost a week without chipping for me. I love how opaque it is and how it looks against my tan skin.

on 6/26/2011 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The name (Mint Candy Apple) is sort of deceptive. It's really more an aqua or robin's egg blue, I was expecting it to be more like China Glaze's Refreshmint, and that was a little disapointing. The formula was HORRIBLE it was streaky, gloopy, and chipped after 1 day. I've never been more disapointed in an Essie polish before.

Top Rated Essie Products