October 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I was pretty disappointed in this np. I love essie usually, its one of my favs. But this formula is really weird! It is super gloopy on the first coat, but it usually works out by the second coat, but its usually pretty messy looking at the end, with a lot of clean up. I like the color a lot, but I feel like I can find a better formula. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by recklessrei

Such a pretty colour. Formula is quite thin (needs 3 coats) and chips quite easily. I also hate the brushes essie supplies and am eagerly awaiting a OPI doppelganger. But the colour is so pretty i'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love the colour, but unfortunately I found that it chipped easily. This could be more of a reflection on my nails as generally nail polishes don't last as long on me as they seem to on others, but it did seem to chip a lot quicker than other nail varnishes I've used (my average is about 4 days with a seche vite top coat, this chipped in about 2). despite this I would still buy it again as I love the colour so so so much!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by HoneyXOXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shade, it's actually a pastel seafoam color IMO rather then a minty green. It's so gorgeous and is my favorite color to wear. I was always a pink girl but this shade is just so modern and pretty to wear. It covers perfect in 2 coats, dries quickly, and lasts for almost a week without chipping for me. I love how opaque it is and how it looks against my tan skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The name (Mint Candy Apple) is sort of deceptive. It's really more an aqua or robin's egg blue, I was expecting it to be more like China Glaze's Refreshmint, and that was a little disapointing. The formula was HORRIBLE it was streaky, gloopy, and chipped after 1 day. I've never been more disapointed in an Essie polish before.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lhall12

While the color is nice, it's a bit deceiving. It definitely looks more mint in the bottle but dries to a robin's egg blue. My major issue with this polish is the application. It's extremely thick and goopy and I find it very difficult to get a smooth finish. Even with two coats, this polish tends to look streaky. Some of my nails needed a third coat in places for the color to be truly opaque. The color is not worth the effort it requires to get a decent manicure with this polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Petunia1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really beautiful color, but application was a little tricky. I felt like the lacquer was a little too thick, but that's common of pastel shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I was on the hunt for a mint polish. I was deciding between Revlon's Minted or Essie's Mint Candy Apple, but decided on Essie after reading Revlon's Minted reviews. This polish is more aqua than mint, the green hues are quite faint in this which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Formula wasn't too sheer, two coats was enough to see an opaque colour. Last's fairly well, it's been almost one week of wear and I just started to notice some chipping near the tips. (this is without a top coat on).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by iluvvader9

I had high hopes for this nail polish but like others have said, the color isn't so true to it's name. I was hoping for a more greenish mint hue, but it turned out to be more blue/turquoise. As others have mentioned, I too found that the formula was INCREDIBLY hard to work with. It was streaky, thick, gloopy and just overall hard to control and to apply. I find myself hesitating when I reach for this color. It's hard to get an even application with this color and I was shocked b/c I'm a huge Essie fan and none of my other colors were hard to apply. So I find that the Essie pastel/creamy colors are pretty gloopy/streaky, whereas the non-creamy colors are okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by desirae2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love love love this color!! When i get tan in the summer it looks really good on my toes. I get more compliments on this color than any color i own. Guys have stopped to say they like my nail polish color. I think that speaks for itself.

The first coat can be a little streaky but the second coat goes on opaque. I am half way though the bottle and will definitely be repurchasing it.