September 2, 2014 | 2159 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer spf15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Beatles4ever

Wow! This t-moisterizer was great when i first bought it- i got fair but that was to white, then i got light- but it changed the longer i had it. When i put it on, it seemed perfect, it covered, it blended, it felt natural. But in a few hours or so it felt oily and then it looked uneven, then it seemed to come off my skin! I don't have oily skin to begin with and thought "oh thats weird" but kept with it. After a month or so, with the same bottle it the color or pigment or whatever changed and it was orange and red kind of swirled around, i shook it and kneaded the bottle but nothing happened. When i put it on my hand sometime it would come out with liquid-y black stuff, i didn't know what that was! Overall, i found that if you blended it really well into or skin it was wayyyyyy better, or if you find it oily put their (or whatever) pressed or not powder over it and it takes the shine and slick off it. Anyways, after all that I love it still and would by it again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by MelmoK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the most part I can't use tinted moisturizers as they tend to break me out. Read about this and I was in one of my 'must find foundation' modes so I decided to give it a try.

I was pleasantly surprised, it has just enough coverage for me without being too thick and it also doesn't break me out. It goes on evenly and blends well. I'm not quite half way through my tube but I will be purchasing more.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by persfhone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing, but not in a good way. It somehow manages to be very pigmented while also allowing all imperfections to shine through. It's thick but after practically lathering up on my face it suddenly disappeared! I was left with a well moisturized but dry mask of sheer but obvious color on my face. I know this is confusing, it must be experienced to be understood!
The color I chose was fair because I am, though I am not translucent or very fair. Hard Candy's idea of fair is way off. It is light yellow/orange. This could only be considered fair for someone who worked at Exotic Tan.
The end result? I look blotchy, shiny and somewhat jaundiced.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this. i put this on with a foundation brush and i get nice coverage that evens out my skin tone and covers some of my lighter acne scars. the color "light" is also perfect for my nc20 skin. and i love that it doesn't feel too heavy because my skin is very oily and i don't need too much moisture.
it's also great that i can skip a step by using this as my moisturizer and foundation in one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ho hum.... this product when squirted out is THICK as all get out, but when it goes on its veryyyy sheer and basically has no coverage. blah. made me look shiny too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm very impressed by this. I love TMs and I try a lot of them so one has to be really good to get into my rotation and this one is a really nice product! Its not as dewy as most TMs I have so that sets it apart right there. My skin just looks naturally perfect but not greasy or overly moist when I am wearing this which is nice when I don't want to look uber glowy...that said this does have a nice finish that is not matte (what TM really is?). Great price too. I just have to say the colors kinda suck, the fair is not really all that fair...and its very yellow toned but it does seem to work for me well enough in the summer anyway. I'm pretty sure I'd rebuy but I would be sooo happy if they did more / lighter colors too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Breanna03

Okay so i saw this wasn't to sure if i should buy this or not. I immediately went to Youtube to read reviews. One of the gurus talked about this website, that was the first I ever heard of it. I quickly came here and signed up, read some reviews. It made make up my mind and decide to try it out and buy it. Omg I am totally in love! This stuff was amazingly great. Can't say enough good things about it. This is my new go to website for reading reviews! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by tandee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE the product but color selection is awful. I'm NC25 and too dark for "Fair" (the warm light color) and too pale for "Tan" (the warm medium color). I settled on Tan because it is a tinted moisturizer and I'd rather have it give me a little glow and color than be too pale. If I blend it enough it makes me look fresh and tan. Good coverage for a TM, a little goes a long way. Not greasy or runny, great consistency. Doesn't clog my pores. Has a "sunscreen" smell but I don't mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kyazmin43

i was on the look out for a tinted moisturizer that had spf and some coverage. the first thing i noticed when i used it was the smell! i couldnt stand it at first, smells like "sunscreen" but in the end i was able to bear it. Beside that i liked it. Has light coverage but i expected that and Spf is always a thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mishika8487

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay wow. I love this stuff. I have never tried a tinted moisturizer before but wanted something for days when I didn't want a bare face, but also didn't want to go through my whole normal routine. Normally, on days when I didn't want a full face of makeup, I'd just use regular moisturizer and a light dusting of powder on top...but, needless to say, that solution was very, very low on the staying-power scale. So then I figured, why not try a tinted moisturizer under the powder?

I have HC's primer and love it, so thought I'd give this a try, since this was cheap, reviews were positive, and this was my first run with TM. I was very surprised with how thick this came out of the tube, and was hesitant at first, but was relieved when I applied it as it goes on very lightly. At first, I felt like it made zero difference, but after a few minutes, once it settled, it looked lovely. Not a lot of coverage by any means (not that I was expecting it from a TM anyway), but it evened out my face in such a beautiful way. Like someone in the earlier reviews said, "my face but better". Today, I applied another light layer, small dabs of concealer, and set it with some L'Oreal mineral powder and wow! I'm in love!

I love the texture and light feel of the product. I don't think it's difficult to apply as some other reviewers have said, and I also don't smell any of the sunscreen (which is another tremendous plus, btw (the SPF)).

All in all, this is a great alternative to my foundation on days when I want to go more casual, but still want to get my makeup fix in for the day. I will definitely buy again.

EDIT - While I do still like this product quite a bit, it's definitely not for long wear. It got really, really oily on me by the end of my work day. I had to do a double take when I saw my face in the mirror...even blotting sheets didn't work! =( I was pretty bummed out because I was very impressed initially. It's still good for short amounts of time though! Just won't be using it for longer makeup days.