Ecotools Domed Bronzer Brush

Bamboo, synthetic hairs, aluminum

on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

As with all Ecotools brushes I've tried so far, the quality of this is really good. The bristles are softer and nicer on the skin than many high end brushes I've tried. I find the bristles too dense to use with bronzer or blush so I really only use this for mineral powder foundation. This buffs in the powder really well giving a very smooth, flawless look. However, I find the brush too big for use on the face. It doesn't quite get into all the corners of the face around the nose and eyes and the size of the brush head doesn't make buffing a quick job for me. The size of the handle also makes using the brush tiring and not practical to travel with. I also find that I lose a lot of product within the dense bristles. For buffing mineral powder foundation onto the face, I find the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki a much better brush as it's easier to handle and the flat edges making getting into nooks and crannies much easier.

on 7/31/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush based solely on reviews here, and it has filled a void I didn't know I had! It's a bit too soft and dense for applying my Bare Minerals foundation, but it is awesome for buffing. After I apply my foundation I apply my Laura Mercier mattifying powder (or J&J baby powder) to set my makeup (using a LM fan brush or Ecotools retractable kabuki brush). After I apply my blush, I buff, buff, buff with the bronzer brush, blending my blush and evening out my foundation. I'm not sure exactly what it does besides blending my blush, but it just seems my skin looks more finished than before - maybe because my finishing powder is being buffed in and isn't sitting on top of my foundation. I gave it a 1 for packaging because Ecotool brushes come in what's supposed to be reusable plastic pouches with a "ziplock" seal at the top of the pouch; however, when you open the pouch to pull out the brush, you're pulling on the bristles, and bristles get bent and pushed in the wrong direction and the brush is pulled out of the package. So, when I get a new Ecotools brush, I cut open the pouch at the handle end, and remove the brush by the handle. I'm destroying the reusable pouch, but it's better than ruining the brush!

on 7/17/2012 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Earth friendly, natural and recycled materials, cheap, good quality materials, synthetic so you can use it with liquids or powders... what else do we need in a brush? First I thought it was not good for bronzer, but it works well for that, for liquid or powder foundation or to remove excess powder. I really like it

on 7/7/2012 4:20:00 PM

i would definitely not use this for a bronzer , unless you want to apply bronzer all over your face .
this brush is great but not for what its manufacturer intended to be .
its just perfect for powder , goes on smooth , very smooth , no shedding , no bleeding , and it picks up perfect amount of powder .
it is incredibly soft for how cheap this is , as i've had high-end brushes which were a bit scratchy and not as soft as this one ( i am looking at you Calvin rubbish Klein powder brush )

on 7/2/2012 11:18:00 AM

I love this brush, but not for bronzer. I use it to apply and buff liquid foundation. It has a large brush head and is densly packed. I've never had issues with shedding, the odd hair every now and then which isn't uncommon for dense facial brushes. It's easy to wash and it isn't difficult to get all the product out of it.

I got about 3 years of use out of my first one of these. After that, it essentially began falling apart. I definitely got my money's worth out of it and it was inexpensive enough to make it easy to replace.

The negatives: the handle is a bit awkward, it's too thick. I don't know why they couldn't have given it a more tapered design, it's the only brush in the collection with a handle like this.

on 6/22/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the makeup brush I have the MOST affection for. I bought it nearly a year ago and I'm still very much in love with it! The bristles are faux of course and unbelievably soft! It feels like heaven gliding across your face. The feel is comparable to high end brushed that go for 3 to 4 times the price of this. I can really get behind this brand's philosophy, what they stand for, and the sustainable materials they use to make their brushes. My bronzer goes on so beautifully with this and it blends color into my face perfectly! Sometimes I use it even for powder, it feels that good!

on 6/11/2012 12:24:00 PM

Such a great brush... extremely dense, really easy to put a bronzer on my face evenly with it :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful, soft, high quality brush & has replaced three brushes in my kit. I use it to apply my mineral powder foundation, a little bronzer/BE Warmth & my dusting of MUFE Microfinishing powder. I've washed it many times with baby shampoo & it stays together perfectly. It is dense, so be ready for it to take a bit to dry. At first I was a little leary that it is so big, but being that it has replaced several brushes & is just so luxurious on the skin all is forgiven. I like the flat bottom handle - it makes it easy to set down on the counter without the brush touching anything. This brush is truly one of my favorite make up purchases ever.

on 5/28/2012 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lol. Why I am not surprised by how many people love this brush? And why am I not surprised people DON'T use this for applying bronzer? Oh yeah... Because It's freaking HUGE! And SO soft and fluffeh!

I bought this online because I wanted a bronzing brush, but when I got in the mail, tore the box open like I was possessed or something, and finally had it in my hands... I noticed the size and was all like "wtf? what is this monster?" But then I touched the bristles and my god, it was love at first touch. I didn't even try it out with bronzer on as I would end up looking like Snookie with my small features, but this is just perfect for my mac mineralize skinfinish or other finishing powders. I guess it works with loose mineral foundation too, but I needed a smaller and flatter brush for that job for ultimate control. But still, I keep reaching for this brush almost everyday! It's gentle on the skin, it's quite dense, and best of all - it does not bleed. At all! And for the prize, that's simply amazing.

I'm curious to how this is compared to the Samantha Chapman brushes seeing as they are quite similar in prize, but I'm surprised if they can beat this fantastic thing. Buy one, heck: buy two! You'll love it. Even the most picky makeup guru will be pleased with purchasing this baby.

on 5/24/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I can't beleive that I didn't own this brush. I kept seeing the reviews so I thought for 8.00$ I must give it a try.
It is sooooooo soft and luxerious. Did I spell that right?
To me it seems a little bulky for bronzer. (I have a mac brush that I am pretty satisfied with for that). ..So, I use it at the very end of my application so just buff, buff, did I say buff. And blend any missed edges. I am loving it. I think everyone should have this brush.

Top Rated Ecotools Products