January 31, 2015 | 1418 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Domed Bronzer Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by eden788

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a great brush... extremely dense, really easy to put a bronzer on my face evenly with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful, soft, high quality brush & has replaced three brushes in my kit. I use it to apply my mineral powder foundation, a little bronzer/BE Warmth & my dusting of MUFE Microfinishing powder. I've washed it many times with baby shampoo & it stays together perfectly. It is dense, so be ready for it to take a bit to dry. At first I was a little leary that it is so big, but being that it has replaced several brushes & is just so luxurious on the skin all is forgiven. I like the flat bottom handle - it makes it easy to set down on the counter without the brush touching anything. This brush is truly one of my favorite make up purchases ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lol. Why I am not surprised by how many people love this brush? And why am I not surprised people DON'T use this for applying bronzer? Oh yeah... Because It's freaking HUGE! And SO soft and fluffeh!

I bought this online because I wanted a bronzing brush, but when I got in the mail, tore the box open like I was possessed or something, and finally had it in my hands... I noticed the size and was all like "wtf? what is this monster?" But then I touched the bristles and my god, it was love at first touch. I didn't even try it out with bronzer on as I would end up looking like Snookie with my small features, but this is just perfect for my mac mineralize skinfinish or other finishing powders. I guess it works with loose mineral foundation too, but I needed a smaller and flatter brush for that job for ultimate control. But still, I keep reaching for this brush almost everyday! It's gentle on the skin, it's quite dense, and best of all - it does not bleed. At all! And for the prize, that's simply amazing.

I'm curious to how this is compared to the Samantha Chapman brushes seeing as they are quite similar in prize, but I'm surprised if they can beat this fantastic thing. Buy one, heck: buy two! You'll love it. Even the most picky makeup guru will be pleased with purchasing this baby.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't beleive that I didn't own this brush. I kept seeing the reviews so I thought for 8.00$ I must give it a try.
It is sooooooo soft and luxerious. Did I spell that right?
To me it seems a little bulky for bronzer. (I have a mac brush that I am pretty satisfied with for that). ..So, I use it at the very end of my application so just buff, buff, did I say buff. And blend any missed edges. I am loving it. I think everyone should have this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love ecotools brushes. I think they stand on their own - they aren't super luxurious like Hakuhodo or Suqqu, but for the price - sometimes I feel like they outperform some commercially available brushes that have a much larger price tag (e.g. some lackluster MAC face brushes, Smashbox/EL/Clinique/NARS brushes). They're also great if you are allergic or easily irritated by the fibres in animal hair brushes (I had atopic dermatitis as a child, and as a result I have occasional sensitivity flare ups that are irritated by goat or animal hair brushes). I don't exclusively use them; I have a mix of ecotools, MAC, Hakuhodo and even some random ones from Korean makeup companies, like Missha, which I test and research before adding to my arsenal.

That being said, this bronzer brush is a welcome addition to my collection - I don't really use bronzer, except as an all over face powder when I have self-tanner on for dance competitions (I darken to about NC 35/40 using an airbrush tan), and even then I use a fluffier brush to sheerly dust it on, so I reach for this more as a long-handled kabuki for buffing in mineral powders (for sun protection purposes in the summer), or for blending out harsh edges after I use an angled cheek brush to contour. The taklon bristles are very dense, soft, and don't shed at all (my MAC face brushes with the black natural hairs shed or break off a quite a bit after a couple of years - maybe it's time to replace), and the bamboo handle is nice and sturdy.

The only downside of the brush is that it is kind of bulky (but not as ridiculous as the NARS Botan) and that it takes some effort to clean & dry it compared to natural haired brushes which are a bit easier to clean. However, it's much better than the Quo Professional bronzing brush, or the Smashbox bronzing brush, which are both sheddy and kind of scratchy. I don't think it's all that great for bronzing per se, but for other uses, it's really a great brush. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Cutiepie0816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great buy! Great for face powder and very soft. Im always up for a good find......its worth the money people if your looking for a great powder brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This brush is amazing. I have a MUFE kabuki and I never use that because this is softer and larger. I use it to apply powder and blend my makeup. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by chengbo

This is a great brush. I paid 10 dollars CAD. I use it to apply powder and it works wonders for that. I also use this to buff out my blush when I apply too much. It works to apply bronzer all over my face to perk up my skin but I don't think it would be a good brush to contour with because its too big for that. This brush never sheds on me and I also heard some people using this brush for foundation. It is also the most softiest brush I own. will recommend this to anyone and I would repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fell in love instantly with this brush on the first touch. It's synthetic but it feels like a bunny's tail (Don't ask how I know it. I'm seriously cruelty free when it comes to clothes and makeup and skin products, but I recently got the cutest beanie with rabbit fur pompoms. For my birthday. From my housemate. *groan*).

It NEVER sheds, applies everything beautifully on my skin, and I can't stop buffing it around my face. I always use this for powder products. I use it to apply finishing powder, treatment powder, mineral foundation, and sometimes blushes and bronzers as well.
It gives off quite some coverage when I use it to apply my MMU, probably because of its density. Then easily buffs it in.
I love it for applying blushes/bronzers sheerly (if I tap it out correctly before applying), like "oh yeah it's my natural flush" kind of thing. And one layer is enough.

The bulky handle makes it a little bit tricky for storage. But I find it makes me feel comfortable holding it. Don't ask me why. LOL. Besides, it stands up on its own easily on my vanity.

I seriously want an army of these babies. Who needs pricey brush with this thing exists, seriously?

===EDITED===
After getting the RT Core Collection, plus having TBS Mineral Foundation Brush, I don't find much use from this brush. I rarely use bronzer or highlighter on my body, too. And if I do, I think I can just rely on my TBS brush. I still keep it around j ust because I like how soft and fluffy it feels, although the RT and TBS brushes are actually softer. If I lost it or it comes apart, tho, I won't repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by egk81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I have never used it for bronzer, but it is perfect for blending liquid foundation, even better than my trusty MAC 187. I've found it to be the perfect match for my Ellis Faas Skin Veil pen. Wonderful product, terrible packaging, awful brush. But i brush on the foundation with the pen and then quickly blend with the EcoTools brush in circular motions for invisible coverage. I might have to buy a backup of this :)