December 18, 2014 | 931 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max - Extreme Black 003

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Mariannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this mascara in the beginning, although as time went by, I started noticing the clumps it would make after the second week of my usage. The brush is humongoiid, but it doesn't do a descent job separating the lashes and coating them fully. If anything, it is good at joining the lashes together which becomes a lot darker in a sense and looks fuller but sparse at the same time. I think I'll try something else the next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Melio617

I wasn't overly impressed with this. I've used a lot of mascaras so I know what works and what doesn't and while this does a decent job of making your lashes look longer and blacker, I've had better. The claims that this is their biggest brush ever may be true, but it's definitely not the biggest brush out there. I don't think it does a lot for volume either. The price is great and it'd be a nice everyday mascara, but when I want a dramatic look, I'll probably stick to my other mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

ehhh. very average, boring mascara. it didn't give me very dramatic effects and it flaked. the packaging is gorgeous though. I really just don't like rimmel mascaras period.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

been watching pixiwoo vids and was intrigued by their love for rimmel sexycurves, but when i got a look at that crazy brush i thought i'd go with this one instead. blah. i don't think rimmel mascaras are for me.

i have been using cg lashblast forever now, and love it but kind of miss a regular spoolie wand sometimes...the lashblast monster can occasionally transfer mascara to my eyelids and jack up my eyeliner if i'm not careful. plus, i have small eyes and long but thin and white, straight eyelashes and wanted something that would give me thick dramatic lashes without having to apply coat after coat like i sometimes do with my lashblast. this didn't deliver; i got long spider leg lashes that weren't "extreme" black at all. had to bust out the old lash comb to seperate things which i never have to do with lashblast. plus it didn't build at all, just got clumpier and clumpier. i'll be sticking with my covergirl. but, this may work for someone with thicker darker lashes than mine. not what i'd hoped for.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

This product is okay at volumizing. As I read in one of the other reviews, I also apply a separating mascara first (like Rimmel Glam'Eyes) and then the volumizing mascara so it doesn't clump up as much. This particular mascara works all right - there's no doubt it add volumes, just not amazing volume. I'm not crazy about the brush - maybe it's just mine, but the bristles look all crazy and almost bent or something (like they're supposed to be facing a certain way but are too cheaply made to stick out in the proper direction) - difficult to explain. Decent but I still haven't found anything that beats L'Oreal Voluminous or Diorshow, though. I love Rimmel (it's my favourite drugstore brand) so I will continue to buy their products - just not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Hannnna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. And yes, it does clump, but i really liked the volumizing affect, so I used a mascara with a comb on it, so it seperated my lashes, then applied a second coat with this mascara. Then it makes my lashes look really long and thick. I would definatly buy this again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by tiffanysclara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

honestly the packaging won me over. the hot pink just stands out from everything else. i've been using this for about a month now... i do like it, it does an OKAY job at volumizing. i find myself trying to add coat after coat to achieve the look i want.. however it comes out thick, but not in a good way. i'll keep using this as an everyday mascara but it just didn't hit the spot as a dramatic mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara gives me spidery look! Blah!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I had to trash this one before I even finished it. I had high hopes... I love the pink tube but that's all I liked. It clumped so much and I don't know if I just had a wonky brush or whatever but some of the bristles stuck out in such a way that it would press on my skin and get all over my eye area whenever I applied it. I don't know what else to say except I hated it. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this mascara to be really good! All in all it's been over 2 weeks since I've been using it everyday! I've been eyeballing it ever since it made its way to shelf -- however, I was reluctant to purchase this unless it went on sale (which it did BOGO). Packaging is definitely cute and girly. Now for the product itself. I found absolutely NO clumping or flaking what-so-ever. It makes my already long curled lashes super long as if I were wearing false lashes (depending on coats applied). I did notice that it didn't give me full lashes, but I'll take the length over full if need be. Looked great after a 12-14 hour day with out smudging. I think the brush also does a good job in separating your lashes. This may or may not work for everyone -- especially those who don't have that natural curl or don't use a lash curler. I think I may have found a fav. drugstore mascara vs. my fav. department store one.