October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by dentuason

As soon as i saw this in Sephora, i bought it immediately. The colors are gorgeous! i love love the texture and the packaging too! (too big though) so this contains 16 shadows 7 of them are new and only available here. I personally love sphynx, jinx and flipside.:)

This also includes
    -a mini travel size primer potion (cute and everything) but gave minimal product though).
    -2 24/7 glide on pencil in zero and bourbon. creamy and doesnt smudge!!
    -booklet (mini urban decay publication)

Overall, i give it a 5. GORGEOUS SHADES, PRETTY PACKAGING, CONSIDERING THE PRICE (48) IT WAS WORTH IT!

HURRY AND BUY YOURS NOW! i THINK ITS LIMITED EDITION ONLY!!

PS: When i came back to sephora the next day, it was sold out!! and so as 2 other sephora locations.......wow!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Pamda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this today as a birthday gift from my sister. I haven't had a change to play with the eye pencils yet but the shadows are amazing. Very pigmented and UDPP is included. The only sad thing about this set is that some of the colors in it are exclusive to this pallette. Like sphynx (beautiful pink) which I love.This palette gives you the tools to make a nice day look or something much bolder.
    Udate 10/28
    I put these shadows through the 12hr shift test. With the primer they lasted 12hrs without they don't stay on more than a few hours. If this kit didn't include primer I would take away a lippie

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by LeanneMM

This is my first purchase of UD eyeshadows, and the colors and pigmentation of these are amazing! Now I know what all the fuss is about. :-)

As a 38-year-old college professor, I was worried about the suitability of these shadows for work, but, inspired by a review on Sephora by a teacher, I decided to give them a try, and I'm so glad I did. Yes, the colors are intense, but you can apply them lightly if you work in a more professional setting. You can also build up the colors to create darker and stronger looks. I was also pleasantly surprised at how creamy the shadows appear once they're on. I really love these, and am so glad I took the plunge!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lesleighhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING
    Bought this today
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course its not cheap but the value is EXCELLENT
    The textures are so dreamy

BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by brenda8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best es palette I have ever bought, the colours are so beautiful and of such good quality. I am also so thrilled that they included very few glitter shades. I wish they would just leave the glitter out of all their shades. my fave colours are AC/DC, Sphynx, Misdemeanor, YDK, Sellout and Nylon for everyday use, I am sure I will have great fun using the more dramatic shades when the occassion arises. I bought my palette on the plane when going on holidays for 26. Two weeks later on my return journey I looked for it again on the plane as I love the palette so much and I think it is brilliant value, unfortunately they were out of stock. Will definitely repurchase somehow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This palette is total love! Urban Decay has improved it light years over volume 1 by including two 24/7 mini liners instead of the so-so quality brushes. These colors are all amazing individually, but the best part is that they all work together so well. I can think of so many combinations of colors just looking at it for a few minutes. There are truly no "filler"/dud colors in here.

As for colors themselves, I agree with the review that wished for a lighter highlight color, maybe I'd have traded YDK or Nylon out for a white/ivory. Sellout comes out quite light on my lids, though. MCRA is a well-known glitterbomb, but works great for a hit of bling in the crease or lid. Sphynx also has some chunky glitter. I found Misdemeanor and AC/DC to have quite a lot of fallout, and I suspect Twice Baked will be the same. Seems to happen with their satin/matte shades. Perversion is not the most pigmented matte black I've ever seen.

The texture is phenomenal, smooth and soft, the staying power is excellent and all the colors are unique and coordinated. My only complaint is the packaging - while the "drawer" format is pretty, it's not very practical. I'd prefer if they ditched the top nonsense and had it open to the shadows. After all, it's called a book!

In any case: *Run* to your local makeup store or website and buy this ASAP! $48 for 16 Urban Decay shadows, two liners and a mini UDPP is a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by andreama

I love this palette. There is a great mix of colors and I am a huge fan of the 24/7 liners. They are so creamy and go on so well but they don't end up all over your face. Also, the primer potion is great and the little bottle lasts a good while if you don't use it every single day. I gave it a 4 only because some of the shadows I love are only available in this palette so some that I've become attached to aren't available in individual sizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Urban Decay's BOOK OF SHADOWS; VOLUME II is so amazing. I love putting my make up on and getting to gaze at the wonderful colours.

I'd not bought anything by Urban Decay for the past few years, but this has reminded me of the fantastic quality of their eye shadows; the colours are so unique, well pigmented, easy to blend and they last all day.

Pervision - Black with a slight silver shimmer.
    Gunmetal - Dark silver with light silver sparkle.
    Ecstasy - Vivid purple with a pinkish shimmer.
    * AC/DC - Dark silvery purple.
    * Nylon - Bronze with gold shimmer.
    Sellout - Frosted champagne.
    * Mushroom - Dark taupe with bronze shimmer.
    * Sphynx - Lightly glittery pink.
    Half Baked - Metallic bronze/gold.
    Twice Baked - Dark brown with a slight bronze shimmer.
    + Midnight Cowboy Rides Again - Mega glittery champagne.
    YDK - Medium frosty brown/bronze.
    * Jinx - Bright metallic blue.
    Flipside - Frosty blue/green.
    * Homegrown - Bright green with gold sheen.
    * Misdemeanor - Dark green with light green shimmer.

* Not available to buy individually. I think they're discontinued colours, not LE shades. I remember AC/DC in particular, from my teens.

+ As MCRA is very glittery, a friend advised me to apply it with a finger using a patting motion, as opposed to sweeping motions with a brush. Trust me, it greatly reduces glitter fallout.

If that's not enough for you, there are also two half-size 24/7 eye liner pencils. I'd never tried these before now, but wow. I loved them so much I bought the set of nine straight away. They're so creamy so they don't drag on the skin, yet once they're on, it stays put.

Zero - Black.
    Bourbon - Brown/bronze with slight gold shimmer.

In case we weren't being spoiled enough, the set includes a travel sized Primer Potion. I used to let the good reviews of PP go in one ear and out of the other as I was a Too Faced Shadow Insurance girl, but the PP gives me equally great results, and it applies smoother.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by tressab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was returning my tarte palette to sephora when the SA recommended this instead. I've not been a huge UD fan as I work in a profession and am of an age where glittery shadow would be a no-no.

Anyway, what a difference this was over my tarte palette. The colors are all so rich and stay forever, uncreased, with the UDPP. I've created some really fun looks and a little goes a long way. This is one of the best values around as the EL and shadows are of top quality and the colors are fun and versatile. My only complaint is that I would like a paler highlight color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I splurged and bought 2 UD pallettes at once- after spending about 40 on them I must say it was a good investment!
    I love every colour- they are so gorgeous and rich and have such good colour pay-out.
    Super cute packaging (looks beautiful on your dresser!) and for 20 each I think it's a bargain considering a little goes a long way and the amount of shadows you get in each.
    Fabulous products. Love love love!