October 1, 2014 | 1876 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this as a hair rinse, it gives soft, shiny hair and removes gross residue, follow it up with a blast of ice cold water and your hair will shine shine shine!

It is the natural stuff that always seems to work best...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been going through seasonal, harmonal stuff that is making my dry skin tight and itchy. Even my scalp is effected, which translates to bumpy flaky scalp that is itchy and just plain gross. Hair is flat and listless even with my many oil rinses. I need to bring out my half gallon of braggs once more. Dilute with water, usually 1:3 ratio and I let dry without rinsing off after regular shampooing. Works to balance ph level and works in four to five rinses. Dried out the little bumps and my fingers just feel soft clean skin and hair. Beat over priced, over medicated shampoos for dandruff and itchy skin any day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by salhon

HG! I use this with my baking soda hair washing.

Here is my whole routine: I do my own version of it that works great for me. I first do a diluted rinse of plain white vinegar, then I add about about 1/4 cup of baking soda in the bottom of a large drinking cup, add water to the top, and swish around. I pour this diluted baking soda mixture on over the white vinegar rinse (it bubbles nicely). I rinse it all out, and I then condition with about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar diluted in the same large cup (sometimes I add some essential oil drops). Then I rinse. This is truly my favorite hair care routine!

I do smell like a salad until my hair drys (often a little bit throughout that day also), but by the next morning, my hair looks amazingly soft, fluffy, and doesn't have a smell at all. I really, really love using this on my hair. I will buy again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkeyey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for my first experience with ACV.
I tried this last night. First I shampooed and rinsed. Then using a ketchup bottle (filled 50/50 with ACV / water) I slowly poured this over my hair, into the scalp, and rubbing it into the ends, etc. Using the ketchup bottle was easy cause i was able to control how much i squeezed out and pour directly to where I wanted.
I left the ACV on for about 5 minutes- then rinsed it out and did not condition my hair.
The smell did not bother me at all. When applying it, of course it smells sour, but not offensive to me. After rinsing off, I didn't really smell it anymore (but i know it's cuz i got used to the smell already).
The texture- right out of the shower - it was gritty and "chalky"... similar to when you don't use conditioner.
While it air dried- still chalky. I didn't try to comb it out cuz it didn't feel like it would be easy to comb.
So this morning- honestly- i can still smell it. It's not strong, but when i clipped it up to wash my face- i could definitely smell ACV when i took the clip off. And when i smell my hair directly (just did it right now) it smells like ACV.
Again, the smell is not offensive to me, but just so you know- it doesn't wash off that easily.
Texture- when it was dried- the hair was definitely softer and My scalp feels cleaner. But i don't think the hair is shinier or that the colour changed.
I would definitely do this again cause I like using more organic products. But I don't think it makes my hair look or feel better than my favourite shampoo/conditioner. And also, I may not want to use this before a big date or anything. I don't think any guy will like it if you smell like vinegar (smells kinda like stinky feet) =P

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Adriana_C

I love using this as a clarifying rinse when my hair feels weighed down and built up with product. It makes my hair feel smooth, silky, and clean. My scalp even feels better too. My method is to mix it as a 1:1 ratio with shampoo. Never had any problems with the scent once my hair dries.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually love this product for a toner on my face since I have acne & post acne scars. its good stuff ihe only problem that I do have is that it stinks. I dont mind the first stinging feel either - I use it straight w/o diluting. I have not tried it on my hair as yet or in my diet but maybe I will try the hair thing later one day soon. If you have acne this might be worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOWW!! this is amazing for hair. the only drawback is that when your hair is wet, it will smell a bit. but once dry you can't smell the vinegar. I wasn't sure how well this would work but last night I used it, blow dried my hair half dry as usual, and slept on it. in the morning all I did was brush it. the first thing my coworker said when i stepped in was...WOW!! your hair looks so nice!! did you do something to it. and then i responded with funny you asked because...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

must have the "debris"(pulp) at the bottom of the bottle for best results,ive spent $$$$$THOUSANDS on acne scar products and nothing worked better than this! PLEASE READ ALSO MY "TURMERIC" review,for more info!
faded acne scars like nothing else! this and the turmeric..for me seperately...great under makeup for oily skinned gals like me but stinks too much so around the house I use it.
the turmeric works slightly better and definatley FASTER for even stubborn years old acne scars!
but the turmeric is something you leave on a few minutes to an hour...,a mask..... THIS is like an all day astringent/toner..the BEST astringent toner ever!!!! and ive used all the $20-$30 acne,astringent,toners!!!
Carmindy recommended this as better than expensive stuff too;)!!!
I swipe it on straight..no diluting... with a cotton ball... and just leave it on...
it stings at first and makes your nose open up or whatever..that lasts just a few seconds.will always use this:)
on a side note....if you get a big bottle..go ahead and splash some in your hair PRE shampoo (right before applying shampoo) in the shower..just a spoon or two...
I promise you..your hair will be so soft and shiny! and itll remove all build up in hair(not good if you have color you wanna keep..but works good to remove henna)
im 36 with oily skin and acne scars..... this reduced them, even old ones... like 40% in 2 weeks..ones i had been dealing with for years and years with $$$$,the turmeric knocked them down by 90% after that! wish I knew long ago, so i hope to help others.
if you wanna further increase results buy a bar soap thats like $1.37 and like $1 shipping!!! called "turmeric sandalwood need soap by "auromere" at i herb . com
wowwwwwwww my HG soap!!!!!!!!! for oily skin and scars keep skin matte all day!!! didnt know a soap could do that

17 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yup, vinegar is great for hair. I've been playing around with how to apply it to see if I can get the benefits but eliminate the strong smell. I now prefer to mix vinegar with my shampoo, about half and half, but the mixture may depend on your shampoo. I also mix a smaller amount into my conditioner. My hair and scalp felt great-- really clean and fresh, but not at all dry. (I hate shampoos that leave residue and don't rinse clean, so this was perfect.) One star off because of the smell if you use too much or don't rinse really well, and for the minor inconvenience. I'm also thinking that infusing some herbs like rosemary in the vinegar could help mask the smell, and might be good for hair too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by hlh25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for Red Wine Vinegar. Even plain distilled vinegar works well. A little goes a long way - after I rinse out my shampoo I add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to 2 cups of water and pour it over my scalp, ends, and the shaft of my hair. Then I massage it in for a couple of minutes and rinse it out. It might feel a little stiff afterwards, but when my hair is dry it is always ridiculously soft and incredibly shiny. The vinegar smell does not linger, and I like to use the Red Wine vinegar because I think it tints my hair slightly. I have long blonde hair that I've repeatedly abused over the years, and I thought that I would never be able to live without my Aussie 3-Minute Miracle conditioner. Vinegar works better, and one bottle will last forever at the rate of two tablespoons per shower. I love it when I'm able to simplify my shower routine with simple, earth friendly substances. No more dimethicone and other crap, which means that I can go longer without washing my hair because my scalp doesn't accumulate as much buildup anymore! Even the bottle looks sophisticated and lovely in my shower (the brand I use is Domaine des Vingnes.) My only problems are:

1.)
- It is easy to use too much; I compulsively add more to my mixture, so often I end up with overly moisturized hair that looks stringy.
2.)
- It tends to make my hair resistant to curling. I have naturally wavy hair and enjoy it, but when I use vinegar my hair straightens out. A dab of coconut oil as conditioner instead of vinegar helps my hair hold it's waves.
3.)
- My old conditioner was a very good detangler. With vinegar, I must spend more time detangling my damp hair after a shower and it can be quite annoying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No