April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EXCELLENT LINER! I just wish it was a lil darker (trooper) but over all the lasting power is excellent..this baby stays put all day...just love it...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Loved the brush tip, great staying power for the black, but dried out fairly quickly. As always, fantastic packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by auri511

LOVE this eyeliner, although I wish it was a bit darker!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by z71krystal

Hands down best liquid eyeliner. It doesnt last forever, but the quality is unbeatable. I LOVE this, I combine this with autograph. BTW go ahead and get it in Trooper so you can draw those sexy cat eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jenniferunicorn

Overall Rating: I gave this Tattoo Liner a 2 because its not as black as i hoped it would be and it was sort of pricy for something that has very little product in it. I saw many great reviews on this product, so i decided to get it. I had to go over my line about 2-3 times to get the desired shade of black. Other than the fact that its not as pigmented as I'd hoped it would be, it also has very little product in it. I only had it for about two weeks and it was already running out. So of course,I said I wouldn't buy this product again.

Price: For me, 18 dollars for a product that isn't as pigmented, and runs out pretty quickly, is not very worth it. Not that its not a fairly good price for a eyeliner, but its the quality that sort of tugs at it.

Packaging Quality: The packaging is very beautiful. The box it comes in is very classy and chic. The eyeliner itself is also very simple yet nice. Its not a felt tip eyeliner, it is a brush- like tip, which is one thing I like about it, and the bristles stay together, no strays or anything.

I hope this review helped you! Personally I wouldn't really recommend this product because it doesn't have much product, and the colors not as pigmented. But it may be because i draw over my line 2-3 times because of the non- pigmented part.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Lolopop93

I have this in the shade Trooper and I really enjoy it. I'm new to using liquid liner and I found that this was really easy to use and wonderfully pigmented. I find it a little bit expensive, but I'm willing to fork over the cash because to me it's the perfect liquid liner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I bought brown color ( named ' MAYA )
I don't know about other colors. ( cause not tried yet)

I like the color and its easy to apply, smooth,
But doesn't last long ,little bit smudged..
I prefer Wet n wild liquid liner and Stila waterproof liner to this. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kealohalani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been a religious user of Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper (black) for about 3 years now, and I have been happily forking over the $18 for each new 0.02 oz pen. I have tried cheaper alternatives but always came back to the same product because it was the only one that worked perfectly for me, and they last a decently long time.

The formula is highly pigmented, waterproof, and smudge-proof once it sets. But the best part is the applicator - the pen shape makes it to easy to hold and use (I hate those hard-to-hold wand applicators that come with most liquid eyeliners). The thin brush tip makes it so easy to apply, whether you want a super thin line for tiny wings or a thicker line for dramatic cat eyes. I even use it to draw in tiny, thin "Twiggy" bottom lashes on the outside corners of my waterline since my bottom lashes are very sparse, and the lines don't look chunky or weird because they are so thin.

I will continue to buy this liner and hope they never discontinue it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Purchased this liner in trooper (black) and lap dance (plum/purple). Long story short, Trooper: LOVE!! Lapdance: don't do it.

- Colors. Trooper is a nice matte black and pretty self-explanatory. Lapdance is a dark, matte plummy purple that is extremely flattering for my dark brown eyes. Just gorgeous- if only it had staying power (further explanation below).
- Application. The brush tip (it's not felt) applies so smoothly. It's not stiff at all, but it's not flopping everywhere and making messy smudges, either. Great for precision (but soft) application- perfectly hugs the curve of your lash line. It's pretty much what I've wanted every other liquid liner to be, application-wise. Trooper applies like a dream, but Lapdance is annoyingly sheer and requires buildup.
- Staying power. The black has great staying power- pretty much budgeproof. A+ on Trooper. Lapdance, however, DOES NOT. Something about its formula is different than that of Trooper (besides the obvious). If it gets wet at all, it rubs right off! Not ideal for my annoying as heck hooded monolids. Any liner I wear is not only hidden but rubbed all day long inside that little hood- so it has to be budgeproof. Beware if you require waterproof liner like me- it won't stay on.
- Drying? Trooper was fine, but had to exchange Lapdance. It was dried out the first time I opened and tried to use it. This was a little over a month ago, and the replacement is fine so far, but I'm nervous about how long it will take for them to dry out. Maybe the first was just a fluke, but imagine my disappointment at opening up a brand new $18 dud.

Overall, love everything about Trooper. Sleek packaging, great application. Lapdance leaves too much to be desired, even though it's a gorgeous color. As long it doesn't end up drying out quickly (seems okay so far!), I will repurchase Trooper, but not Lapdance, unless they fix the formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really had such high, HIGH hopes for this product. The only other Kat product I own is the concealer which I love. It pains me to give this product such a poor review. I love Kat and think she’s just gorgeous but these liners are a FAIL!

I bought Maya (dark brown) and Lapdance (deep purple). I wanted Biker (deep grey) but Sephora was out.

I tried them on my hand in Sephora and they were budge proof (a must for me and my uber oily eyelids).

I got them home and they were really dry. I mean there was hardly any product coming out and when it did come out it was dry. This happened with both of my liners. Reading through the previous reviews, I noticed that a lot of people complained about these liners drying up really quickly.

Well, heck…I just spent $18.00 plus tax per liner and I expect much better than this. For $18.00 per liner, I expect good quality and I would expect a fairly long shelf life. Why would I spend $18.00 on these when my L’Oreal Telescopic Waterproof liner is da bomb? Really, the L’Oreal is everything I want in a liner, smudge proof, waterproof and relatively cheap. The only reason I bought the Kat liner was to try to achieve the hard to do cat eye.

These are going back to Sephora.