Grapeseed Oil

4.3

grapeseed oil!

on 6/12/2012 3:05:00 AM

I have this in unlisted brand , in the form of cooking oil. I read about the benefits of grapeseed oil somewhere some time ago,so when I saw this grapeseed oil in the food section, I thought 'What the heck, let's give it a try'; if it won't work for my face, it'll do good in the salad bowl, so to speak.

At first I really don't know where to put oil-time in my beauty regime, but *lightbulb* 'Cleansing oil!'. So I use this kitchen-y cooking oil as eye makeup cleansing oil. It works perfectly. Then one lazy day I use some drops of this oil and massage it onto my face, and have a warm&wet washcloth to cover my greasy face; let it cool then wipe the leftover oil with clean, warm & wet washcloth.
been suffering from cystic acne, white heads, black heads, milia, hormone acnes during PMS, you name it, even to my late 20-s and until now (i'm 30 btw); i never thought an OIL will put my skin into this state.It never gives me breaks out, just slight shiny look on my forehead -which the solution is a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar + a teaspoon of water; wipe it on and it's done. smooth and supple skin all day without any shine, clogged pore, or whatever my problem were.

I use it twice a day, in the morning before day regime and night before the night regime. and so long bottled-manufactured-commercials-cleansers, i've found the love of my life!

will I buy it again?why NOT?it's dirt cheap, and it works!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used the napa valley naturals food grade grapeseed oil for 3 months. I think it works best as a pre-cleanse to take off heavy makeup and your skin is so smooth and clear after. I tried using it as an everyday moisturizer and it worked for a while as it is not greasy and controls oil but it makes skin feel tighter and after a while cause some acne. It smells good and I really like it for cleansing and as an after sun balm.
Update: I have noticed if you use this on spider veins it makes them fade.

on 5/10/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a drying oil for my face. It soaks in very well but then my face is dry. My skin type is normal-combination, with my t-zone being the slightly greasy part but it was bone dry after using this.

on 4/12/2012 11:52:00 AM

Grapeseed oil is so worth the price, especially when used properly. I've mainly used this for my dry hair, but I love the fact that it's great for skin too, so if any oil transfered to my skin, it wouldn't be awful. In fact, I've learned that grapeseed oil is the one oil I can use on my sensitive skin without it breaking out at all. It works great for protecting my hair. The only thing with this particular oil is that when heated up with a straightening iron or a curling iron, my hair almost literally smells like grilled cheese! I shouldn't be to surprised being that you can eat and cook with grapeseed oil. I'm not crazy about the smell, at least on ME, but I considering it's the only negative thing about it, I'm still using it!

on 3/18/2012 5:39:00 PM

I have been using grapeseed oil for about a month now and so far I am pretty happy with it. I use it as a precleanse and altho I feel it rinses fairly clean, I need to follow up with either another cleanser or a toner to ensure I don't break out. I haven't seen any huge differences in my skin from using this but I *think* its helping with my jawline acne.

on 3/10/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a review for NOW brand grapeseed oil. My doctor put me on spironolactone to help rid me of hormonal acne, and one of the effects is decreased oil production. While that is fantastic (normally, my skin is horribly oily), it meant that my current moisturizer isn't enough. I didn't feel like buying a night cream because my acne meds are costing me a fortune as it is. I have oils I bought for OCM for makeup removal, so I decided to put a couple drops in my hand and massage it into my skin. Seriously, don't use more than 2-3 drops because too much can overwhelm your skin and you might break out, which is the lesson I learned from using shea butter. It's easy to go overboard. And make sure your skin absorbs it because if it just sits on your skin, you might breakout because your pores are covered. Of course, this depends on your skin type, so try the smallest bottle you can find before getting a large one.

What's really nice is that it's a light oil that my skin absorbed really well and it felt a little velvety on the skin. I followed with my usual light moisturizer with SPF and I've had no issues with breakouts or blackheads. It did leave a sheen, but I used a little rice powder to fix that.

on 3/9/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Proof that oils are VERY much YMMV, as despite grapeseed being touted as the best for oily/acne-prone skin I broke out something fierce from this. Just one day wearing this and I had little black and whiteheads all over. The other, heavier oils I've tried (Emu, Argan, Camellia, Rice Bran) didn't do this to me. Definitely try out oils and don't commit to large sizes just because of reviews!

I use it in my hair as a treatment oil, as my body lotion sometimes and as a cuticle oil. I put it on my hair ends and twist it up in a clip and go to bed. I wake up in the morning and wash my hair....I also use it as a finishing gloss on my dry hair...works great. I use NOW solutions organic cold pressed grapeseed oil..I got the big bottle (the size of a reg shampoo bottle) it was about $12 at my local health food store....good deal considering how many uses I have for it.

on 1/4/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have recently converted from cleansing oils to just, well, oil. Winter seemed a good time to try it out. I do a 4:1 ratio of grapeseed: jojoba. I just put it right into my hands, rub fast to warm it up, then massage onto my face. Then I get hot water onto my hands or a washcloth, press onto my face, and keep doing it until the oil seems to sink in. I add a drop of mild cleanser, but not enough to foam up. Massage in (and if you own a Clarisonic or other facial brush, use it), then rinse with tepid water. After 2 days, the dryness was gone. Within 5 days, all active acne was gone too. All the rest of my regimen was the same, so it had to be the grapeseed cleansing. I used it for a full month to control for hormone fluctuations, and this kept me clear and glowing.

on 1/2/2012 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I started using grapeseed oil after seeing the reviews on here. My skin was really bad, I was breaking out all over the place and hated the fact that I couldn't go anywhere without foundation - in short my face was a disaster.

I was a bit apprehensive about putting oil on my already oily, acne-prone skin, but with nothing to lose I gave it a go. The thing to understand with this is that it is not an overnight miracle - it takes time and consistency in order for it to work. I've used it for about 2 months now, and although my skin didn't become amazing overnight, it certainly helped to clear up my skin and keep it relatively clear - grapeseed oil is slightly astringent which is great for oily skin and prevents pores from becoming clogged and thus helps to prevent breakouts. It also contains antioxidants, which protect against the signs of ageing, and is a source of vitamin E, which helps to heal acne scars.

I usually mix some grapeseed oil in with my moisturizer or apply it straight using a cotton pad every night - by morning it has completely soaked into my skin, and it is even less oily than if I don't put anything on my skin! I recently went away for two weeks, and didn't take my grapeseed oil because it's a bit messy and impractical when traveling - i regretted it SO much, my face broke out like crazy with cystic acne. Using it consistently, at least a couple times a week can really help to clear the skin and prevent breakouts. My skin is not completely clear of imperfections, but there is such a noticeable difference from what it was a couple months ago - I would really recommend giving this a go!