October 26, 2014 | 1290 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

'Now' brand: Great eye makeup remover and I use this alone for the oil cleansing method. I also use it after shower as a body moisturizer--it's light and easy to spread.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Bought a 20oz bottle @ Big Lots for $3.50 and I love this stuff. I use it after the shower & it absorbs quickly. Put it on my face before bed, leave it on for a while, then wet a washcloth with hot water & place on my face. My skin looks so healthy has even helped with acne/acne scars. Went back and bought more bottles since it was so cheap. Great product! It's cheaper if you buy it in the cooking oil section than the beauty section & it's the same thing. A pure all natural product without chemicals & other harmful things in it. Will continue to buy grapeseed oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Grapeseed oil in a nutshell is a wonder oil! :)
I use it in my own serum (1 tbsp grapeseed/ 2 tbsp jojoba oil/ 4-5 drops of lavender and tea tree). I have found that this combination for my skin has worked wonders! I have oily but fairly sensitive skin and it has cleared up some unwanted spots and redness, plus I haven't had any reactions which is something I always worry about when I put products on my skin :) (p.s. did I mention that in a couple of days people had complimented me on how fresh my skin looked.. even my boyfriend!)
I purchased grapeseed oil from a shop where I work - Holland and Barrett. It cost me a few £'s so very cheap and you do not need to use a lot. (I also got the rest of my serum ingredients from here too!) It comes in a brown 100ml plastic bottle with a screw cap lid. NOW... when it comes to oils you do not want to be messing around with bottles like this. So I purchased a glass dropper/ tincture bottle online (only a few £'s) so I could make my serum and use a few drops and prevent wasting any precious oil :)
I also use grapeseed for an eye serum too. I used a couple of tbsp of grapeseed and aloe vera. Mix it and it forms into a white paste. Put this on every night and the skin around the eyes is moistorised. Plus the aloe is really refreshing and soothing.
All in all, grapeseed is great if you have oily/ acne skin. From my expereince with it, alongside other oils, it has helped to clear up redness from spots and made my skin smoother. I would definately recommend this cheap and cheerful oil :) Hope this helps!!!!

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My face is acne-prone and also does not lack sebum at all, so I do not use this as a moisturizer. I do, however, use this every night to remove my eye makeup. Bi-phase silicone removers annoy me, so I prefer just to use straight oil (now if the silicone removers didn't require shaking I would probably use them, they are less messy than oils). I massage lightly onto my lids every night and follow with cleanser.
If, however, I used a hard-to-remove sunscreen or foundation, I prefer to use a cleansing oil all over, including eyes. Grapeseed oil straight works fine too, but as a matter of personal preference I prefer how cleansing oil rinses off. (I follow with regular cleanser) But when I travel and need to pack light, I will bring a travel sized cleanser and then a little bottle of grapeseed oil

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely use foundation because I have struggled so much with my acne prone skin. No matter the brand, it always leaves me with breakouts, probably acne and some allergies, anyway...

I use 3/4 grape seed oil with 1/4 tea tree oil mixed to remove makeup on my face and pure grape seed to remove eye makeup (the tea tree BURNS like fire if too close to the eye area!)

It does not clog my pores, and leaves not a trace of that pore clogging, skin irritating makeup. I massage it in thoroughly, then let it sit for a few minutes and wipe it away with a cotton pad. Then I reapply just to make sure that I have gotten all the traces away from my hairline, near my ears and along the jaw line/neck area. Honestly if I have done a good job the first time there is not a trace left. My pores purged a good deal of sebum over the first few days of using this, especially over my nose and around my mouth. It was like tiny white worms pushing through as I massaged. I was freaked out because I thought I had messed up all the hard work I had put in with my Obagi and VI peels (see my other reviews). But...no pimple showed up thank goodness. I follow this by using my cleanser with the Clarisonic Mia and I can tell you I have never had my skin so smooth and soft. It really bumped up my skin care regimen to a great level, and it is so much cheaper and better for me than chemical filled makeup removers for the eyes and face. It is full of antioxidants and is very soothing. I do the same thing in the morning, even using the pure grapes seed oil around the eye, because it is so nourishing.

It feels very tingly and if you have sensitive skin, the tea tree probably should be greatly reduced or even eliminated from the mix, but I have been getting peels and facials for so long that my skin is accustomed to it. I have noticed that my skin's excessive oiliness has decreased greatly, and I read somewhere that many acne prone people had worse breakouts because so many acne products are so drying the skin goes crazy trying to produce sebum to protect itself. This makes sense, because I have noticed since starting this my face is barely oily in the middle of the day. I am now one of those women who can actually use those little rice paper blotters on the nose and only use ONE and the package actually lasts more than a couple of weeks. I love this stuff!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by BrightLux

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Grapeseed oil is the best! I use it as a makeup remover, a leave in hair conditioner, an overall body moisturizer - it's the most amazing stuff. It's incredibly light, nothing like olive oil - and very little goes a looong way - so only a drop or two at a time will do - remember it's oil after all!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by m8kuplvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Merlot brand at Walgreens on sale. Wasn't sure what to expect since I have oily/combo skin. I have resently started using a Clarisonic (life-changing, but another topic) so I wanted to include a weekly oil to put back into the skin some of the natural oils that were stripped from the exfoliation. Well, I use this in my at-home facial routine after steaming and extracting. I use it as a facial massage oil once a week. Love it. No frangrance. Lightweight. Let it soak in and cotton pad the extra off if its there after about 10 min. Does not cause breakouts on my breakout-proned skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by jqcafe

I got a large container of la Tourangelle expeller-pressed grapeseed oil in the cooking aisle at Safeway for $10. (The ideal product to use would likely be organic, expeller or cold-pressed to avoid any harmful chemicals acquired between pesticide use and processing.) I used this as an all-over moisturizer. For my face, I rubbed a little onto my hands and patted a thin layer onto my face after washing. I agree with many people in that it gives your skin a healthy glow that you can rave about. I didn't look oily, and the fine lines at the inner corner of my eyes did slightly fade. At first, I loved it and used it as often as I could as a moisturizer.
Unfortunately, oil has a couple of drawbacks. I wear glasses and ended up with greasy lenses and glasses sliding down my nose all the time. Also, I often had at least a light trace of thin oil still on my face hours later, even with only a few drops. I like it better when I apply it to wet skin and rinse it off a bit. But my glasses still got oily. And when I started to break out with painful acne where I usually donít get acne at all, I stopped using it. I used it for about a month. I didn't like the feeling the oil gave my skin, like it couldn't breathe. I'm not sure if it wasn't the oil that made me break out. I should mention that I don't have particularly sensitive skin when it comes to products though I do get occasional acne.
Eventually, this just became too messy for me to deal with daily. I felt as though it got onto everything (clothes, glasses, sheets) because my skin didn't absorb it much.
I do think itís great as an eye makeup remover. But I prefer Pondís cold cream because the cream lets me get in between my lashes with a tissue better than the oil without getting remover in my eye.
And I definitely like this as a shaving oil. It beats shaving cream, without a doubt. Gives your legs soft, supple skin. The only bad thing about it is it makes your tub greasy. But it goes away with a couple hot showers.
I donít know about grapeseed oilís proposed benefits for the skin, like its anti-aging properties with antioxidants polyphenol and pycnogenol and astringent properties that nourish skin, lightens age spots, clears up acne, and so on. Many sites said many things, and they only mention studies rather than reference them. Iím not saying it doesnít work at all, just that we donít know how or how well it does. I get the impression eating it may be even more beneficial than putting it on your skin. It does a great job as a direct skin-moisture protectant though. :D
I give it a 3.5!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought an enormous bottle of grapeseed oil at Whole Foods and have been using it on my face and body since then. I use it to moisturize my skin, remove makeup, and cleanse my face. I haven't tried it on my hair because my hair is fine and long, so I think the oil may weigh it down.

To clean my face, I dampen a cotton round, then apply the oil and exfoliate my face with it. This works well for me because If I wash my skin too often, even though it's oily, the surface becomes dry, so this oil is great for keeping my skin balanced if I need to wash my skin more than once or twice a day.

And I night, I pat this oil on my skin and around my eyes, and it doesn't burn or cause blemishes, no matter the condition of my skin. Very versatile product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

This works wonderfully for me as a body oil: It's light, absorbs quickly on its own, and mixed with some body moisturizer, boosts the hydration factor nicely when I need it. It is a completely different story when it comes to my face however. It seems like I have applied nothing at all, yet feels waxier on my face than even some of the heavier oils (coconut and olive) have ever done. Extremely strange. Merely ok, but I like other oils much more.