November 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - couture couture 2009 perfume

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by tanangela

The top note opens as a boozy, very grape-y wine on me. This is ok but then it starts to settled into a decidedly un-boozy, very synthetic grape/wine scent. I don't think it gets to a koolaid level because there is a hidden musk to keep it a bit more mature.

The middle notes are the most noxious in this fragrance. The honeysuckle melds with the grape and creates a scent that reminds me of Flonase. Yes, the nose spray for allergies. That medicine floral scent just jumps out at me in Couture Couture. Sorry, must not work with my chemistry...(or maybe it's the fragrance).

The bottom is a disappointment as well. The scent is pleasant enough with a nice, light musk and sandalwood...but it's too gentle and light. I can't smell it unless I put my nose right up to my wrist. This also gets at another negative about this fragrance; it has relatively no sillage or staying power (I get 2-2.5 hours out of this fragrance).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in a set of mini spray tubes from Sephora, together with Juicy Couture and Viva La Juicy. I really like the set, as I think all 3 of these perfumes relate to each other. Viva is the most vibrant, sexy and "tropical" smelling; Juicy Couture is the most powdery, snuggly and intimate; and Couture Couture is somewhere in between.

Of the three, so far Couture Couture is my least favorite - maybe because it seems like a hybrid of the other two to me, in that it is strong (kind of accounts for the "overpowering" or "grandma perfume" comments some people make here) and also powdery. If I were going to repurchase, I'd invest in some body lotion for one of the other two scents to increase their staying power...I don't think any of them has great staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by magic_glitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I initially hated this, but it grew on me. It smells more mature than the original Juicy Couture and I don't particularly like the bottle as much as the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by amysharp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells like the old school perfume "Tribe" in the purple bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will be the voice of dissent and say that I like this perfume and I was frankly surprised that I liked it. I cannot really comment on the packaging/bottle, as I have this in the purse spray and was gifted it by my dear sister, but I think this comes off as more sophisticated than the the other Juicy scents.

The top notes are fairly generic fruity florals and that part of the fragrance is actually sort of boring--but I really like the dry down on this and think it is worth waiting for.

The "Grape koolaid" note isn't as artificial as some have made it out to be--but maybe that is my skin chemistry.

The drydown is actually more complex, and I can identify a white floral which is similar to tuberose or honeysuckle mixed with sandalwood, sweet orange and maybe some slight grape accord plus a slight incense note?

I don't say that I agree with the ad compaign or the over the top spoiled brat image of this company, but I do like this scent and I am going to get more of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this reminded of playing with barbie dolls when I was 5. So I bought it! It smells very fresh and round yes like grapes. But there is this heavy givanchy style to as well which many girls don't like. This is defiantly a love or hate product! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ladyinsane25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually love this perfume and I agree with the reviewer below me. The grape-y scent doesn't linger for long and when this perfume finally settles it smells amazing and is very long lasting. It has a gorgeous floral scent that is not too girly. I think it smells really feminine. I got mine at Duty Free for like HK$500 (US$65) and it came with a package of a sample sized perfume, body wash and body cream. (Original JC perfume - smells GORGEOUS!)

The packaging of course is really pretty and something I'd keep on my desk for everyone to see :) I do think though that with perfumes it's different. It's extremely subjective whereas for make up you can discuss pigmentation, staying power etc. So I would say to try this, apply it and keep it on for a few hours and then decide how you like it :)

P.S. I said I wouldn't repurchase simply because I prefer to change my fragrance from time to time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this fragrance. The top note doesn't last so if that's what you don't like about it you should try it. It dries down to a soft sweet smell, I absolutely love it. It lasts a really long time. I'm not a fan of overly sweet or floral fragrances, so this is perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jhcchewy

Smells like a water down white diamonds.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by xxTANJAxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this perfume! I bought it today at sephora for $99 canadian before taxes! It works amazing with my body chemistry! It has the right amount of fruity notes to it and the perfect amount of light musk! LOVE IT!

if i were to rank the 3 perfumes juicy couture came out with it would be

Couture Couture
Viva la Juicy
Juicy Couture!

DEFFINATELY recommend this! Pick it up if you can!