NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 1/24/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm neutral on this. I wanted a pink blush and after reading so many great reviews on this, I decided to give it a try. Well I was definitely disappointed. Yes it does look intense in the pan, and yes it goes on light when applied lightly and yes it blends well, but my problem was that no matter how sheer and light I applied it, it made me glow almost a neon pink...like a highlighter. I don't know if I'm making sense but even though I apply very lightly, it still gives me this highlighter glow that made me look either too clownish or too superficial. I will stick to Nars Orgasm.

on 1/24/2011 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful pink blush. As pictures in my profile demonstrate, I LOVE pink blushes. And desire is one of my favorites. I am a cool-toned PPP (NW15), and Desire, with a light touch, is great for me. I use my NARS Yachiyo or MAC 188 brushes to apply it. I bought NARS Mata Hari in the past and loved it, too (used it up in fact), but it's warmer-toned than Desire. After I read that Mata Hari is warmer-toned than Desire, I bought Desire instead of getting another Mata Hari, and Desire works even better for me. So Mata Hari is probably better for NC/warmer skin tones while Desire is better for NW/cooler skin tones. Desire gives you that "in-from-the-cold" pop of color that is so perfect for cooler months but works well year round. I would definitely repurchase but this one should last quite a while since my blush stash has increased a lot since I used up Mata Hari, so I tend to rotate my blushes more now. Desire is a great blush to have, and I recommend it -- especially for cool-toned PPPs.

on 1/24/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best pink blushes out there! It's a matte poppy bright, barbie pinkish color that works for any skin tone. You can build the color up to your own liking, but one feathery light sweep is enough to show on your cheeks. Even if the blush is quite expensive, it will last a long time. Worth your money.

on 1/8/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Turns out after testing similarly hued blushes, one next to the other on my wrist, Desire is actually warm(ish). Benetint Posietint is similar, but cooler. Stila Custom Color blush is also cooler. And there was another that I tried, but I can't remember which, but all of them are cooler than Desire. In fact, Desire almost had an orange tint in comparison to the others. Maybe that is why it works for so many different skin tones. I love it. It is true you do need to use a light hand, but why not? You use less and it lasts longer. It provides a lovely, I've been to a spin class look. Don't be afraid of this, I wish I had taken the plunge earlier. It is now my go to blush.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Another great blush from NARS. It looks intense in the pan, but it delivers a gorgeous light pink flush - perfect for cooler toned fair skins or anyone who wants to brighten up their face. All NARS blushes wear very well - I never need to touch up even after a looooong day.

on 12/31/2010 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a staple because it blends so well. Intense but sheer, it appears like a real blush. I do a neutral colour first (NARS Zen or Bobbi Brown Tawny) with this as a pop and it looks gorgeous. Bobbi Brown does a similar colour in Pale Pink but the formula isn't as finely milled nor does it appear as natural.

on 12/31/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Upon looking at my old reviews, I realized that I hardly had any reviews for NARS products that I owned. I have to say that majority of the makeup I puchase is NARS.

I am a loyal Nars blush fan. All the way. The blush is $26, but they are all highly pigmented and last for such a long time.

Desire is described as a cotton candy pink. I find that it suits my skin well in the winter when I'm not as dark. I consider myself to be naturally tan with olive undertones, but in the winter I do lighten up a bit. This blush gives me a fresh, just-out-from-the cold look. I find that I have to use a light hand with this product because like I said before it is highly pigmented. I also like to layer this on benefit's posietint for a superlong lasting glow.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The color of this blush is absolutely amazing. Yes it looks a bit scary in the pan, but you need to apply it with a light hand. I wear NARS foundation in Barcelona and I do have a tan, therefore this blush is perfect for me. It gives a Kardashian (I'm embarassed to make this reference) look for your cheeks. It's bright and sexy. I can use it for a night out or a natural day time rosey cheek look. The only problem with it is that it fades away too fast. I usually have to apply 3 or 4 times a day which is annoying. This looks amazing with NARS multiple highlighter as well.

on 12/22/2010 11:39:00 PM

This pretty pink color just lights up and makes ur face glowy... I use barcelone foundation from nars so it goes perfect with my skin tone...love love the color......

on 12/5/2010 10:47:00 PM

This is another blush that failed to work on me. This is such a beautiful color but i think i don't suit cooler tone and that it is so unnatural and chalky on me that i feel like an alien trying on makeup for the first time and the pink is so awkward like it didn't want to be on my face but i put it there, just so weird sorta color on my face. It is very difficult to blend well and in fact, doesn't blend into my skin at all. I will try with other brushes....hopefully i had luck but i had try with 3 different brushes already.....so hence i foresee that it will be in my cabinet for an amount of time before i churn it out to the bin as it ain't cheap! Needless to say, i won't repurchase this!

Update: have sold it off since it is basically useless on my face. It just doesn't suit me and took so many work to blend and make it right but the problem is, it just doesn't blend! Forget it, i am over Nars or any heavily pigmented blush - almost.

Popular Blush Products