MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 7/3/2010 1:38:00 AM

Perfect amber/gold for my yellow toned Asian/Polynesian skin. I find this goes sooo well whether Im tanned or pale so will definately repurchase. Makes my dark brown eyes *POP*
Love it!

on 7/2/2010 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is ok. Don't get me wrong, it applies well, is very pigmented, blends evenly, and stays put just like most MAC shadows. But the color isn't really what I was looking for. I wanted something that would really bring out my blue eyes, and I saw this recommended by someone online. I looked up some pictures and thought it looked gorgeous. However, it turned out to be darker than what I saw in the pictures. When I think Amber I think of something lighter and more orangey. I think the name bronze lights would be more apt. That being said, it is a good color, I just don't find myself reaching for it at all.

on 6/26/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the eyeshadow that started my MAC relationship. Introduced to me for my senior prom by my makeup artist it looked amazing against my skin tone. I have re-bought this one over and over again.

on 6/18/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

The color is gorgeous, quality and finish are great, and this looks fantastic with my blue eyes, but I'm not sure it works with my pale skin tone. Gonna try it after I've self-tanned a bit..

on 6/17/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If this were a man ide marry it. Sorry honey, just love it that much. Pairs great with woodwinked. Fantastic with my tan. Perfect megan fox eyes with this shadow. A-mazing.

on 6/14/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this e/s! On my NW45 skin, it's such a pretty color. The fact that it's a veluxe pearl shadow too is a major plus. I mainly use this color as an inner corner/brow highlight when I do neutral looks. I love pairing this with Goldmine- so pretty!

on 6/14/2010 2:04:00 PM

The lady at the MAC store recommended that I tried this eye shadow. She said it was one of their most popular colors. I thought why not. Well I got home and used it for the first time and wow, its really bright and more golden then I expected. I like to mix this with brown to tone down the brightness a bit.

on 6/14/2010 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MAC makes great shadows, for being mid-range it has good color and staying powder. Easy to mix and milled to have lasting color. Amber lights is great as a high light or mixed with lots of other colors. It's a warm brown-gold. Works extremely with olive skin tones.

on 5/31/2010 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This looks good with my olive skin and I like to mix it with my black and brown eyeshadows to give it more depth. It can be a bit garish for day sometimes, so I try to reserve this one for special occasions. It has good staying power and was easy to blend with my brush.

on 5/24/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this eyeshadow! If you are tan/olive skin with golden/yellow undertones, this is the perfect eyeshadow for you =). I don't understand why there are such mixed reviews for this shade, I guess it's not a color that looks good on all skin tones or eye colors? Amber Lights brings out my brown eyes and is perfect for an every day or neutral look. It works well with Satin Taupe, Coppering, Cranberry,Sketch, Espresso, and Soft Brown.