Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 9/8/2013 5:15:00 PM

Good stuff!

on 9/6/2013 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is amazing, and it really worked for me a little. Though it did get rid of my horrible acne, and prevent a lot of pimples coming in. Sadly I wish it was cheaper like 5 dollars. lol I know I am a cheapskate, but seriously it would be nice to lower the price a little bit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually quite like this product. It cleans my skin very nicely and no break outs!

on 8/29/2013 10:47:00 AM

love it so far! my skin it pretty oily and it does a great job of keeping me matte all day and I havent noticed any new pimples popping up. if your skin is dry already be careful use an awesome mosturizer. I recommened clinque dramatically different moisturizer. :)

Omg you guys are so.. It is NORMAL for dryness to occur with a product this strong!! Just use a moisturizer. If you didn't want it to dry out (cause that is what salicylic acid does.. It DRIES OUT THE ACNE, BUY A MOISTURIZING WASH.) this product is great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This just doesn't work. It doesn't leave your skin feeling clean, nor does it do anything to prevent acne. I'm very disappointed as I switched from Clean & Clear just because this product had salicylic acid. Clean & Clear is way better though - effective and gentle.

on 8/17/2013 8:17:00 PM

So when I purchased this product I bought it along with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (pink grapefruit cleanser) thinking I would give my breakouts an extra kick in the butt. Big mistake! I used both products in one day, one in the morning and one at night. In a couple of days my skin was completely dried out (I have combination skin so it's oily in some areas), so before discontinuing my use I did some research to make sure this wasn't any signs of an allergic reaction. After doing some digging, I found out that 1) you should NOT use two products containing salicylic acid at the same time 2) it's normal for some dryness occur (this is some powerful stuff) and 3)if dryness occurs discontinue use for a couple of days then give it a go again but when you do use it every so often then eventually you can use it daily. Since then I have been using this product every other day and so far I love it! My skin feels nice and clean after every use. So for anybody who tries out this product I highly recommend taking it easy in the beginning and see how you like it! Hope this review was helpful.

on 8/13/2013 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was hesitant at buying a cheap acne wash because I thought it wouldn't work. I use it once or twice a day to wash my face and I love it. It's not a miracle product, it won't make breakouts disappear completely, nothing really does...but even after a couple uses my skin just feels cleaner, fresher, smoother, and no annoying bumps. It doesn't dry my skin out, it has a low amount of salicylic acid which can be drying on some people. I'll leave mine on for 5 minutes straight while I'm getting ready for my shower and my skin might feel a tiny bit tight afterwards, but that's probably also due to the hot water. Great price too!

on 8/11/2013 10:53:00 PM

If you have sensitive skin, then I would not recommend this! Otherwise I'm sure it's a great product. I heard many good reviews so I decided to try it. I was my face two times a day and within a couple days my face was completely dried out! Although, a couple of my friends who have really oily skin have used and love it (:

on 8/2/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was skeptic about this cleanser because a lot of people have claimed that this drys out your face, but I turned out loving it. I use this morning and night, after I use it, I put on my witch-hazel toner, and my olay moisturizer and I don't get dry skin at all! I've also noticed a change in the way my skin looked, I have less blackheads and whiteheads.