October 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Makes my face EXTREMELY dry which yeah it helps with the existing zit but then my face is so dry it creates more acne. Cream cleanser works better with the right ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a cleanser to really clean my skin of makeup/dirt/oil/whatever and to help with my acne, which isn't awful (it was worse as a teenager) but is very stubborn and fluctuates horribly. The bottom line is that it works, it's helped immensely with my acne, but it does dry out my skin. It's designed to dry out oil and thus prevent acne. However, my skin is very oily, so if anything this wash just returns it to a "normal" state.
I use it 2x a day, once with the Olay rotating brush and once without, followed by a toner, pimple treatment, and moisturizer afterward. That's a lot of stuff going on but my skin is pretty durable, and this cleanser is mild compared to other things I've tried in the past.
So, this will work, if 1) your skin isn't sensitive, 2) your skin is oily, and 3) you take care of it afterward. If any of those aren't true, you might want to steer clear. I'd give this a 5 if it seemed like it would work for more people.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by brainchem

Worst cleanser EVER. Super drying! It also made me breakout like crazy. So I was stuck with dry bumpy skin until I ceased to use it. Now I use Ponds Luminous Daily Exfoliating Cleanser and my skin is perfectly soft and healthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Tray12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very mild solution, I was expecting better results.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. Dries my skin out like crazy and I don't like the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Tami91

I bought this last Friday because I keep getting spots on my chin which i think is because I might have an oily chin. I come across this product as being really good for getting rid of acne & spots. So thought i'd try it - NEVER AGAIN!!

My face was fine after i used it, just felt a bit tight & clean, but on Saturday I woke up to burning, red, itchy, rash patches all the way onto Monday, then it calmed down a bit on my face but spread to my neck! just looks like I had sunburn all over! Now the redness has calmed but my face is just really tight, dry & flaky so i've been using Nivea cream for dry skin which helps a lot.

Maybe I have sensitive skin & this product doesn't agree with my skin but I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone, hasn't even got rid of my spots at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by MaisieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser after a bad bout of acne & oily skin on my chin. I broke out with small red and white bumps on my chin and around my nose. This happened around day 5 of use. To be fair I have sensitive/combo/acne prone skin, which can be fussy to certain products. This is not for my skin I'm afraid - it's being demoted to hand wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Hostie88

I bought this acne wash a few years ago when my chin broke out. I was desperate to get rid of them so I washed my face once in the morning and once at night for two days. Big mistake, I woke with small bumps all over my face and slight redness. I think I slightly 'burnt' my skin, or just completely dried it out. It took a week to get back to normal with intense moisturising.

So do not use it to frequently, and just use it on the affected areas.

Since then, I use it maybe once a week when my t-zone gets oily. Basically it dries out that area and removes oil to prevent pimples. Seems to work for minor problems but not too sure about major pimple issues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product all through my teen years, and after I stopped using it I saw an imporvement in my skin. This was too harsh for my combo sensitive skin and was causing more breakouts. It was really good for removing makeup and dirt, but was just too harsh for me. I would not recommend this to anyone that has sensitive or very acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since high school and I'm 31. I have extremely oily acne prone skin and truly this stuff is the only thing that works on a consistent basis to keep breakouts at bay. I use with the clairsonic mia, it is gentle enough but now that my skin is older and my acne is hormonal it helps to use just once a day versus 2x's, since it can dry my skin out a tad especially in winter, but if I skip it altogether I notice immediately so I'll always go back to this.