November 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by amsa22

Great coverage and lasting power of a good 10-12 hours on me, looks so good and natural as long as you apply it with a sponge or beauty blender. I get many compliments when I wear this foundation and it is very buildable, I set it with mac studio fix powder and fix plus and I occasionally have to blot and apply powder again if I am out and about in warm/hot weather. This foundation is great for everyday wear and special occasions, needless to say this has been a great purchase/investment for me :) *a pump is available for this but is sold separately

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin type is fair, oily/combination which tends to be more oily in summer. I bought the shade 'Mont Blanc' which is a tiny bit light for me so I may try the next shade darker when I run out. I prefer to use this with a brush even though the lady at the counter said using your fingers was better for this. It goes on really smoothly, and gives a light even coverage with a slight glow to it. I don't notice any scent when I apply it (scented foundation/skincare is a pet hate of mine) and it lasts all day if I use a powder over it. I will definitely be buying this again because it feels like silk on the skin, you can barely even feel that you're wearing any foundation at all. It hasn't broken down or started looking patchy on me by the end of a working day like other foundations have in the past.
Yes ok, I have oily skin and it can make me look a bit shinier by the end of the day, but if you keep on top of it with a mattifying powder you're fine. I would prefer it to have a pump as standard but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Jessxshepherd

I recommend this foundation so much out of every one I've ever used this had got to be my favourite!! It lasts all day and gives a nice glow! It has Good coverage and you don't need a lot! I never want to use any other foundation or even try any after using this you must try it! The only problem is they never have my colour (Ceylan) in stock!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Luv3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is good for someone who wants medium coverage not sheer coverage. I prefer light coverage for my foundation such as giorgio armani or chanel vitalumiere. It last around 8 hours for me and quite flawless for my normal combination skin. Do not expect any glowiness from this foundation because on me it appears like satin finish rather than glowy finish. I am NC 15-20 and i use deauville for this foundation. It is perfect for someone who has yellow undertone. It also quite expensive since you also have to buy the pump separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by hmuaNickyv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! It just seems to work really well with my combo/dry skin. PRO's: smooth, so easy to blend, flawless medium but build able coverage, gorgeous RADIANT finish... CON's: price, no pump ):

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I recieved this as a gift so I can't comment on the price. I'm a very yellow NC25 and matched the shade Fiji perfectly. (Thank you for making yellow shades, Nars!) I like the sturdy, short glass bottle, but I wish this product came with a pump so I could dispense it without tipping it over on my hand.

The formula is quite liquidy and thin, but it provided great medium coverage. I apply this foundation using a flat-topped brush to buff it into my skin or a damp Beautyblender to stipple it on. Since it's so thin, you can easily layer it to give more coverage without it becoming cakey.

The finish is dewy and natural, although more demi-matte after I set it with powder. The staying power on my oily skin was surprisingly good, somewhere around 10 hours before noticeable fading. There was some oiliness that showed up around my T zone after a few hours, but this is normal for most foundations on me and I just added some powder to fight it off. I did like how natural this foundation looked since it wasn't deathly matte and still provided good coverage without empahsizing flakes. However, I think the slight dewiness drew attention to my large pores and bumpy skin.

Overall, I think this is a great foundation. It's not the best thing since sliced bread and it may be an issue for people with very uneven skin, but it looks beautiful in person and also in photographs.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by berdil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It left me with patchier skin than before I put it on.light coverage...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by NumbersInAction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this after years of seeing YT'ers rave about it. It's quite nice, I feel it leaves my skin looking youthful/baby faced. It certainly leaves skin radiant. However it doesn't last that well, and as one might expect from the name, it's not great coverage. Not sure I will buy again. I'm Deauville in colour, which was the perfect match for me. I had switched from Garnier BB cream Light, which had become too dark for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this foundation to me. I was using Clinique at the time and I was having problems with it because the foundation had a reddish undertone. In fact, I had that problem with most foundations (department store and drug store). My friend told me that she had the same problem and that NARS had several foundations with yellow undertones. So I decided to give it a try and it was the best decision I've ever made!

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation blends in so well with my skin color. You literally cannot tell that I'm wearing makeup. It lasts all day and I really mean it (I wear makeup for 8+ hours). It really helps cover up my acne scars too. My only complaint is that the bottle doesn't come with a pump, you have to buy that separately.

Tips:
Try to buy the foundation in store and not online so you can make sure it's the right shade
Always apply moisturizer before applying the foundation
To get a flawless matte look, apply NARS translucent powder over the foundation with a powder brush

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by 5inheels

Since the discontinuation of Prescriptive, I have been on the hunt for foundation. Tried many brands, from Lancome, ELDW, Bobbie Brown, Make-Up-Forever, La Mer, Armani etc..but none of them work for various reasons. Too dry, too oily, too chalky, colors are wrong etc...wasted so much money, every bottle was half used or not used.

About 3 months ago, stopped by the NARS counter for a make over. This was one of the foundations I tried. I did not buy it immediately because I wanted to make sure the color (punjab) and other properties are right. I took two very generous samples (Punlab and Stromboli) home from Nordstrom to try. My color is mac 25/30. La Mer Neutral ( too dark) Armani silk 6.5. All of these colors from other brands were not perfect. My skin is hard to match, my neck is lighter than my face, dark age spots, yellow uneven skin tone. Oily in the summer dry in the winter. ELDW was the worst for color for me even thought they have 30 shades...!

The Punjab is slightly light, but good for winter. Stromboli is ever slightly dark. Both colors look perfect in indoor light. I could only tell the difference when I am driving and stare at my face in the mirror in direct sunlight.

I brought both colors.

My routine:
Wash face
La mer toner (any non alcohol toner would work)
Moisturize with SPF 30 moisturizer, wait for it to dry while I do eye make up.
Primer - I use different type depending on my mood
Apply NARS Sheer Glow with the Shiseido perfect foundation brush and fingers to smooth the brush marks.
Set with NARS translucent powder

Lasts all day from 7 to 7.
On days I run 6 miles, foundation still lasts thru the sweats. (Has been tested)
Medium coverage, still allows some dark spots to show thru. But it looks like skin..feels comfortable.

Best foundation so far. Great color range. If color looks darker or lighter, I feel like it adjusts to your skin tone.

The only con is no pump. I ordered one but its back ordered until May 3.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No