July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by mad0317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product. I went in just to look, mainly due to the great reviews I read on here. I have been using BE and they don't have an exact color match for me and it leaves me with too much shine. I let the girl at the counter match me and as soon as the powder touched my face it just disappeared on my skin, without even needing to be blended. I have NEVER found a foundation that perfectly matched my skin the way this did. And the coverage, well you can go from sheer to full with a click of the dial! The powder is matte but doesn't sit on top of the skin and look cakey. It is perfect; I have found my HG foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Zelicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from the saleswoman at Lord and taylor. She was really pushing this product. I use Bare Minerals - I love them. I've tried liquid foundations recently that just don't compare to the amount of coverage I get from BE. I don't mind the packaging of BE at all but this packaging of Clinique Superbalanced powder was amazing. I was tempted to buy it just because of that. I HATE the new BE matte packaging. You loose a lot of product with the new Matte BE. This packaging of Clinique Superblanced is percect, plus you're getting a compact with your foundation which you don't get with BE. BE is 25 a container or 28 if you get the Matte. If you use the regular be and you want a compact that can run you another 20 dollars. BE you only get .3 oz with this you get .6 oz that's TWICE AS MUCH! So I really wanted to love this product but thank god she gave me a sample.

It doesn't give me the coverage I need/want and the color she said would match with my skin is very red looking. It makes me look... gross.

And here is BE ingredients:
    bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Heres the ingredients of this:
    titanium dioxide 6.30% ingredients: talc, mica, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, zinc sterate, zinc laurate, dimethicone, bentonite, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica, hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, lauryl lysine, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, squalane, cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, lecithin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahexyldecyl abscorbate, magnesium myristate, coconut acid, water, tetrasodium eta, chlorphensin, potassium sorbate,{ +- titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride}

It's similar but it just doesn't work as well for me, coverage wise.
    Oh and I use fairly light in BE and the counter girl gave me 02 in this and it was so redish, very dark...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Savvy890

i cannot say enough good things about this product. i even got a compliment on how much smoother my face looked. this is awesome to wear when i have breakouts! they have the perfect range of colors and this is my favorite powder from clinique. i love the packaging, and even though it was expensive i love love it!! (: and would buy it again, definitely! i found my HG powder(:

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Shotgun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've just started using this powder, and so far so good. Although it's unbelievably expensive ($42 CDN), which is why it got only four lippies, I'm liking the foundation. My skin's normally very oily in the summer and a little bit drier in the winter (sometimes I get small dry patches, but my T-zone's still oily), so I usually stick with an oil-free liquid foundation. My usual one is Revlon's Colorstay Active, but I found it's started feeling a little bit heavy lately and it wasn't staying on my skin. Thanks to some birthday money, I decided to give Clinique's powder a try.

I went with one of the lightest shades, Natural 2 (I wear NC20 at MAC). The coverage is lighter than I'd like, so I do layer it a little. Since I still have some acne and dark spots from old acne, I put a little MAC concealer underneath first. I then dust some Boots No7 loose powder over it to set. I put the foundation on at 7:30 this morning, and I barely had any shine by 5:00! I did do a light blot around lunch, but it was more that I felt shiny rather than looked it.

I quite liked the feel of my skin with the makeup on (not greasy), and was really pleased with the staying power. A year ago, I'd tried bare escentuals and I did not like it--my skin looked so shiny and the foundation didn't cover enough. Hopefully my good luck continues with Clinique, and I might look at sticking with the foundation! If only they'd lower the price!

Update: I have noticed that the foundation does disappear a little as the day goes on, but it's not as though every other foundation I've tried has done that, too! On the plus side--no breakouts at all! In fact, my skin's actually looking better than it has in a while. Woohoo! Hopefully this continues! continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by CleopatraBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC45/50 and this N8 blended perfectly with my skin. I like it, but this product is more expensive than most of Clinique's products. Surprised me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

another failed attempt at finding a mineral foundation that works for me. i had 2 main problems with this product: the first is that there isnt a color match for my pale skin. the "lightest" color, recommended to me by the SA left a dark cast on my face that got worse as the day progressed.

the second issue i had, which is the same issue i have with most mineral foundations, is that it just didnt make my skin look good. immediately upon application, it already looked cakey. not even an hour later, i was shiny. by the time i got home from work, i looked awful. you could see the makeup on my face, it was the wrong color...ugh! if you are very pale or your skin is oily, with large pores or persistant flakiness due to retinoids/acne treatments, i would recommend that you pass on this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best powder foundation I've ever used! I wanted to love Bare Minerals, but it leaves my skin shiny and itchy. All of the mineral type foundations seem to do this and I just don't like the finish. I have pretty good skin that has some red marks left over from past acne, the pores on the sides of my nose are bigger than I would like, and I tend to get a little shiny during the day. I'm fair but really golden so color matching is tough. I bought this in natural 2 and am thrilled with the result. I start with a small amount to finish my face and add more where needed and it blends perfectly. I use a blush brush to apply it instead of the brush it comes with. It goes on smooth and evens everything out without looking like powder at all. The only thing that I'm not thrilled with is the packaging. I love the grinder but wish you could refill it. It seems really wasteful to have to toss the whole thing when finished. It hasn't caused any breakouts and is completely invisible on my skin. I absolutely love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I have yet to find a Clinique foundation I like. I only like powder foundations so that narrows it down to this and the pressed one. Like the pressed one, this is far too matte for my very dry skin. Love the packaging, though. It reminds me of the Elizabeth Arden mineral makeup, not just for the packaging, but the formula is really similar as well. In an effort to not fry my dry skin and wash this off and reapply another foundation I liked the day I tried it, I added a couple different highlighters, as well as an illuminating finishing powder over this, and that DID work. However, most mineral makeups are kinda shiny anyway, so this just requires too much work on my behalf to make it wearable for me, especially for the price. I will say that once I did all that, it wore BEAUTIFULLY and didn't turn weird. I can definately see how others would like this, but it's just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by mkupluvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin: Oily, acne prone, and lightly poreous. Not at all sensitive, and pretty coopertive with daily care. I tend to favor powder foundations for these reasons. I've been using this powder for a good two weeks now, and it hasnt affected my complexion for better or worse. I have some pretty bad acne scarring from my Jr. High years that is difficult to cover, and this really didnt do that great of a job at covering them even with concentrated application. It did even the redness in my skin though, and I do recieve compliments on my complexion. I find it a little annoying that you cant build it past medium coverage though, and I even use a tightly packed and dense powder brush. You are going to get a decent amount of product for your money although spending over $30 on fndn makes me wince. Still im positive this powder will appeal to many people , because all in all its alright, not a home run personally for me, but so so.
    (My shade: Natural 02 [BE Fairly Light, MAC NC20, Revlon CS Buff])

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by MissMay95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Seeing as this is advertised as a sheer to medium coverage foundation, I was surprised to find that half a turn of the dial grater thing gave me more than substantial coverage. Clinique recommend that twisting the dial round to the next marker is enough, but I don't think you even need a quarter of that amount.

The foundation itself is lightweight and leaves my skin smooth and fairly flawless looking (unless you get too close!). The shades are all fairly similar so I brought 02 natural, and it's a pretty close fit compared to the orangey foundations i usually end up with.

The price is a slight setback, although you do get A LOT of product. I'll be using this everyday and I'm predicting it will last about 6-12 months if I only use a half twist of the dial.

The packaging is like all clinique products; sleek and pretty but not too bold and over the top. The container itself oozes sophistication, and anyone who looks at it will probably guess what a high price tag you paid!

All in all, I love this foundation although the little brush thing it comes with isn't fantastic. I'd recommend buying a kabuki brush from the Body Shop or something and using that with it =)