December 21, 2014 | 1312 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by KeitaKey

I got this mask in my "MyGlam" bag. I LOVE it so much that I'm purchasing another one from the Freeman website along with a couple of other kinds.
Please don't pay attention to the people who are leaving bad reviews because "it takes forever to dry" etc etc. Those people just don't know how to use the mask. I applied a thin layer and enjoyed the cooling sensation for ten minutes, and then it was completely ready to be peeled off. Don't leave it on for longer because then it will really stick to your skin and hurt to pull off. If you take if off after ten minutes, it won't hurt at all. I also have really sensitive skin and most cleaners and such really mess it up, make it red, and make it hurt. This mask doesn't bother my skin at all, besides making it a little red, but that's basically unavoidable when I clean my skin. This mask is great and I'm going to use it from now on. Plus, I think the price is pretty great too.
I think it smells nice and it makes my skin really soft. I cleaned my skin with that Neutrogena wave cleanser the other night and it left my skin tight and dry. I used this mask and my skin was hydrated and felt much better! Definitely recommend this to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Tulip211

Good scent. Feels soothing, leaves skin refreshed and soft. Love it. It's a bit sticky, but I don't mind.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by magucken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love peel-off masks, but this one is a joke. I received it as a full-size sample from MyGlam (which is another review altogether... oy veh!).

It smells nice enough, not offensive, but not great either.
The directions tell you to apply and wait for 5-10 minutes before peeling off. Well, after twenty minutes the thinly applied mask is still gooey, leaving you with the choice of either having to wash it off or rub/scratch it off.
The effect on the skin? Well, it does leave a hint of its scent on the skin. And that's it.

Bottom line: For the price, this drugstore mask could be a fun addition to a girls' beauty party if you didn't expect any effect on your skin whatsoever; if only it dried properly and faster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this on a regular basis for the past 10-15 years or so.It's fabulous. It's really thick and smells like melon and cucumbers. It can be drippy as it dries. I use it once a week. It makes me face feel refreshed and my pores feel and look cleaner.
I swear this makes my skin look smoother and cleans my pores. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's really sensitive. If I don't use this product, I no notice my pores being clogged and
I would suggest keeping it away from your hairline as it will stick in your hair (it's super hard to get out from my curls).It is thick like glue and clear. It takes about a half hour to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ashton

I found this in the sale section of the beauty aisle in Walmart and decided to give it a go. I'd never used a peel off mask before and was intrigued. It felt nice and cool on my face when I put it on but was difficult to apply (like glue). It didn't peel off very well and if you get it stuck in your eyebrows or hair it really hurts to pull off! Afterwards my skin felt really soft and it did manage to get some dead skin off my face but it didn't really do anything special to help my skin. For me it is just an average mask and I probably won't repurchase once I finish this tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually love Freeman masks, but this one is full of alcohol, drys out my skin like crazy! Even though I love peel off masks, this is not worth the "can't speak because my face is too tight" feel. Do skip this one, but try the other Freeman masks for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by asininityy

Very fun to use, but the packaging could be better. The texture is somewhat runny but thick at the same time, not unlike glue. It is clear and smells great, it also dries clear. Alone, I find that it doesn't really remove much of my blackheads, but when used in conjunction with Mario Badescu's silver powder, it pulls the blackheads out wonderfully, kind of like the biore strips.
If I were to compare this product with the Biore strips, I much prefer this product, but only if I use it with the silver powder, which helps the Cucumber mask grab onto the black heads.
How I use it with the silver powder is that i would first use the silver powder as a mask, but since the silver powder mask is very fine and the pores on my nose are somewhat large, the silver powder tends to get inside my pores, which is hard to remove with just wiping. So i use the silver powder, wipe it off with some cotton pads and toner, then apply the Peel-off cucumber mask to pull out the remaining silver powder that is inside my pores and whatever blackheads the silver powder grabbed hold of.

Since this is a mask that you spread on, it is really easy to get to the sides of the nose, where I tend to have trouble reaching when I use the Biore strips.
Another reason why i like this more than the Biore strips would be that this leaves no residue, unlike the strips which sometimes leaves a gluey, sticky residue that I then have to wash off.
As a mask dries, there is a nice cooling sensation, which is pleasant. I don't really notice much in terms of calming, since my red spots still look the same.
This also removed some of the fuzz on my face, which to me is a pro.
Peeling the mask doesn't really hurt and is really easy, for me.

The packaging could be improved though, since the mask will spill out of the dispensing opening, so I think it would be better if they made the hole smaller.

I got mine for around 3.50 at duane reade, the tube has around 6 ounces, so this mask is pretty cheap.

Overall, it is worth trying but people with sensitive skin should take caution.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Mask. Smells great, and it is extremely cheap. This stuff brightens my skin very well, It is a little hard to peel off though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hmpgnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice smell and fun to play with but didn't take off any of the blackheads and impurites on my skin :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaashley17

This product is so good :) I absolutely love it! It is very cheap and it works wonders for my skin. It reduces redness and calms my skin so much. The product has a cooling sensation after it's been on for a few minutes and it feels SOO good :D I just had some acne surgery/peel and my skin felt red and irritated, I applied this (stung a bit at first) and it helped cool down my skin and the next morning the redness went down. I've had it for a couple of days and already love it. I've been using it everyday and it helps my skin so much. It's so cheap, even if it doesn't work for you, you're not risking too much. I got this for like $3. Plus, it's cool to peel it off afterward. It doesn't hurt too much to peel it off but I know girls who say it hurts if it get's in their eyebrows or sideburns, so be careful when applying. I love the Freeman Feeling Beautiful masks, so far this is one of my favorite's by far <3