October 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Peel-Off Mask Cucumber

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this on a regular basis for the past 10-15 years or so. It's been repackaged many times during.
I swear this makes my skin look smoother and cleans my pores. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it's really sensitive.
I would suggest keeping it away from your hairline as it will stick in your hair (it's super hard to get out from my curls).It is thick like glue and clear. It takes about a half hour to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ashton

I found this in the sale section of the beauty aisle in Walmart and decided to give it a go. I'd never used a peel off mask before and was intrigued. It felt nice and cool on my face when I put it on but was difficult to apply (like glue). It didn't peel off very well and if you get it stuck in your eyebrows or hair it really hurts to pull off! Afterwards my skin felt really soft and it did manage to get some dead skin off my face but it didn't really do anything special to help my skin. For me it is just an average mask and I probably won't repurchase once I finish this tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually love Freeman masks, but this one is full of alcohol, drys out my skin like crazy! Even though I love peel off masks, this is not worth the "can't speak because my face is too tight" feel. Do skip this one, but try the other Freeman masks for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by asininityy

Very fun to use, but the packaging could be better. The texture is somewhat runny but thick at the same time, not unlike glue. It is clear and smells great, it also dries clear. Alone, I find that it doesn't really remove much of my blackheads, but when used in conjunction with Mario Badescu's silver powder, it pulls the blackheads out wonderfully, kind of like the biore strips.
If I were to compare this product with the Biore strips, I much prefer this product, but only if I use it with the silver powder, which helps the Cucumber mask grab onto the black heads.
How I use it with the silver powder is that i would first use the silver powder as a mask, but since the silver powder mask is very fine and the pores on my nose are somewhat large, the silver powder tends to get inside my pores, which is hard to remove with just wiping. So i use the silver powder, wipe it off with some cotton pads and toner, then apply the Peel-off cucumber mask to pull out the remaining silver powder that is inside my pores and whatever blackheads the silver powder grabbed hold of.

Since this is a mask that you spread on, it is really easy to get to the sides of the nose, where I tend to have trouble reaching when I use the Biore strips.
Another reason why i like this more than the Biore strips would be that this leaves no residue, unlike the strips which sometimes leaves a gluey, sticky residue that I then have to wash off.
As a mask dries, there is a nice cooling sensation, which is pleasant. I don't really notice much in terms of calming, since my red spots still look the same.
This also removed some of the fuzz on my face, which to me is a pro.
Peeling the mask doesn't really hurt and is really easy, for me.

The packaging could be improved though, since the mask will spill out of the dispensing opening, so I think it would be better if they made the hole smaller.

I got mine for around 3.50 at duane reade, the tube has around 6 ounces, so this mask is pretty cheap.

Overall, it is worth trying but people with sensitive skin should take caution.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Mask. Smells great, and it is extremely cheap. This stuff brightens my skin very well, It is a little hard to peel off though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by hmpgnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice smell and fun to play with but didn't take off any of the blackheads and impurites on my skin :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaashley17

This product is so good :) I absolutely love it! It is very cheap and it works wonders for my skin. It reduces redness and calms my skin so much. The product has a cooling sensation after it's been on for a few minutes and it feels SOO good :D I just had some acne surgery/peel and my skin felt red and irritated, I applied this (stung a bit at first) and it helped cool down my skin and the next morning the redness went down. I've had it for a couple of days and already love it. I've been using it everyday and it helps my skin so much. It's so cheap, even if it doesn't work for you, you're not risking too much. I got this for like $3. Plus, it's cool to peel it off afterward. It doesn't hurt too much to peel it off but I know girls who say it hurts if it get's in their eyebrows or sideburns, so be careful when applying. I love the Freeman Feeling Beautiful masks, so far this is one of my favorite's by far <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by aknisley712

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies! Harris Teeter has this product BUY ONE GET ONE FREE...I know of all places right? I love this product and its cheap!!! I don't know how long the sale will last but hey its worth a try getting out out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, I think this is a good product. I bought it a long time back and only started using it very recently.

I think it helps cleaning my skin but I am not fond of the very chemical smell of the product when you first apply it to your face. I really have no other complaints and may consider re-purchasing it but I think I may want to explore other options.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I have horribly sensitive hormonal cystic acne, and combination acne prone skin that can very easily be aggravated by certain products. This, thankfully, was not one of them.

I first bought a little packet of this from Wally World to make sure I was not allergic to it. The consistency, as expected, is sticky, but not too sticky that it's impossible to work with. The fragrance isn't overbearing, and the product is clear, which some people may or may not like. The product takes 15-25 minutes to dry (even though the bottle reads 5-10) and remains shiny upon application and when dry. Just pat your fingers on the surface to see if it's still wet or not before removal.

I can't say how long a tube lasts, because I apply this all over my face and jawline, so I'm sure I use more than most people. When I apply it all over my face, it doesn't stick fully around my mouth (probably because I'm either snacking or talking to someone as it dries). This makes it easy for me to peel off since I have a loosened up starting point. If you just want to apply it to certain areas, you can get it off by rubbing your finger pads across the edges. I also don't apply it when my face is freshly cleansed, because it doesn't peel off as easily, nor leave my skin feeling soft. I let some of my natural oils come back, and after applying and removing it, the pH balance all over my face seems to be perfectly even! Dry patches are soft, oily patches are smooth. It preps my skin better for make-up than any cheap or high end primer I've used.

This is great to use if you get excess, noticeable dead skin on your face due to weather or breakouts. It doesn't pull out my blackheads, but it does loosen them up. If it could pull out my blackheads that easily, it would probably aggravate my entire face pretty badly.

Also, you shouldn't get it in your brows nor hairline. It comes out painlessly, and doesn't hurt when the mask is peeled off, but it's just an annoyance to get the excess product out. If you have a brow brush, run it back and forth over the areas.

Overall, good for the price (three bucks and some change), gentle, doesn't irritate my acne; will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No