Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 5/10/2010 3:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best concealer I have found. Doesn't mean there aren't better but this works for me. I can use it without a base or primer and it does not crease into my fine lines under my eyes. What more could I ask for. It is also buildable for more coverage. If you want a full coverage concealer, this is not it unless you continue to build it up. It is expensive but I'll pay for a concealer that doesn't crease into my fine lines. The one con is the applicator. It's a clear rubber applicator in which you twist the bottom cap to get the product out. Problem is, every time you twist it after not using it in a while, the concealer comes out thick and clumpy, so I wipe that off and then twist the cap again to get the good creamy concealer that was waiting underneath the clumpy concealer build up. This means I am waisting valuable concealer that I paid good money for!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Still searching for my HG under eye concealer. I have this in 305 and I think it's too light for me, while the other colors are too yellow or dark for me. I like the consistency of this formula and even though the packaging is a bit wonky I can deal with it. I just can't justify repurchasing another shade and mixing the two colors to make this work for me as I think it would be too costly and a real pain.
Really nice formula though so if you find the right color match you will have good results.

I was recommended this at Sephora. Like others I found the applicator inconvenient. I usually like MUFE concealers and I thought I would try another product. I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/2/2010 1:03:00 PM

I feel the applicator is completely wonky... but I just twist up the product and use a brush to apply, which is really is my biggest complaint. A little of this goes a long way, but it completely buildable. I think it might feel a bit cakey if built up too much, but I've played around with it and it has never LOOKED cakey, if it did it'd get a only one lippie.

I'm not sure it's worth the price... That'll depend on how long the product actually lasts. I don't wear makeup every single day, but 2-4 days a week on average, so I may have to update my review after it runs out. I currently have only had it 3 weeks... so the jury is still out.

Overall I've been fairly happy with it... do I think this is an OMG I can't live without this ever???? Meh, not so much. Time will tell. I do think however it has considerably better coverage than my Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer 2.0, which I'd been wearing for the last year.

I don't care for the packaging... It's been my experience that anything twisty/click tends to malfunction along the way and you have to break into the tubes to retrieve product that's held hostage. Also I notice as soon as I twisted it up the first time, there is product leaked around the inside of the applicator top that undoubtedly will be lost forever, unless I break the seal on the applicator top to retreive it when the rest of the tube is used up.

Stay tuned... lol

on 5/1/2010 12:16:00 PM

I exchanged my Josie Maran Butter Concealer for this one in 340. A great decision. The texture is just right and the colour selection cannot be beat. I think that if you don't like it, it's because you may have made the wrong colour choice because the coverage is perfect and it blends in flawlessly. The price is a bit steep, but if you want the job done, cough up the dough, right? The applicator leaves something to be desired, but you just have to get the hang of it. The silicone tip with the little hole makes the leftover concealer dry up, so the next time you use it you have to twist the dial a few more times to get the product out. I would say that it's relatively sanitary, as long as you put the product on the back of your hand, then apply with the ring finger. (Better than YSL Touche Eclat cause the paintbrush thing just gets GROSS afterwards). I would recommend this to anyone wanting a flawless effect with a good medium coverage. Get it from Sephora and you can always return it if you don't like it! Good luck!

on 4/21/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this concealer...it's the first one I've tried that doesn't cake up on me. I have a love/hate relationship with the packaging....I think the concept is good...but it can waste product which at this price point is a shame.

on 4/7/2010 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Agree with all of the good reviews. I was looking for alternative to Erase Paste (I had to mix #2 & #3 to get a decent color and it still often went on too thick and not quite the right shade). A Sephora rep suggested this and to my surprise, it made me look like a bright eyed teenager! Love this! Did find that I need to set it, but the color and concealing powder are amazing. It lays flat and actually worked just as well to conceal some hyper-pigmentation spots under my Earthen Glow mineral foundation as it did under around m eyes as a brightener! This is a new staple - and I might purchase another in a peachy hue to get that Tyra Banks look under and around my eyes...;)

*UPDATE*
Ended up not loving the color and there was no peachy hue that worked for me in the line, so I' off to try BB's corrector/concealer combo - wish me luck! :)

I litteraly LOVE LOVE this CONCEALER!!!! it conceals like a dream as it melts to the skin perfectly!!! it's a bit pricy and my only complain is the packaging,but other than that, this is the best concealer i've tried so far.
Also tried: MUFE lift concealer(grade:B),MAC select cover up (grade:C),MAC moisturecover(grade:C+), MAC studio finish (great coverage but i hate the formula,too thick! grade:B-); Dior skinflash(totally useless, grade:D), Diorskin nude (grade: C-), CK moisture concealer(it sets into fine lines, note that i'm only 26. grade:C-), YSL touch eclat (tried color n.3, too dark.grade:B-)Benefit erase paste(hate it,too thick and greasy, but at least it covers a bit.grade: B-)...
I also love the colour range of this product, they should add a light peach though, in order to achieve the perfect peachy colour i have to buy 2 colours n.315 (which i also use alone, to highlight my cheekbones and the inner corner of the eyes) and n.350 (an orange, which is great to counteract purpli-bluish dark circles, i usually mix with the lighter one to get the perfect colour (just a tiny bit lighter than my complexion!))
i have severe dark circles, under certain lights it looks like i don't even know what dark circles are, but of course under others, you won't see the dark(cuz it is well concealed)but you'll see a bit of the shape, but unfortunately there's really nothing we can do to minimize that (currently, i'm also using a wonderful eye cream from sisley called "Baume Efficace" it really is amazig!!!)

on 3/31/2010 7:26:00 PM

I really like this product. The sales "guy" at Sephora suggested it to me. You cannot tell where the concealer meets your skin. It blends so nicely and photographs well also. It covers older acne scarring and doesn't look thick. My only complaint is you cannot tell how much product is left when you are almost out. Sometimes when you click & turn the pen to get product, too much comes out. I will definitely buy this again.

OMG...this is hands down the BEST concealer I've ever used. How was I satisfied with other concealers before this?! LOL Not only is the coverage superb, but it blends like a dream. I literally cannot tell where my skin ends and the concealer begins! This is definitely the only concealer I will buy from now on.