Maybelline Great Lash BIG

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/17/2011 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I started using the regular Great Lash when I was 15 and was very happy with it for years and years. That is, until I came across Big! Bigger brush, bigger lashes! I love it even more than the original! This stuff makes me look like I use Latisse. It never clumps. I get perfect lashes each time. Even though it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge. This is HG mascara for sure!

on 7/16/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i reviewed the original great lash at a 2 lippies. this gets a 5. my biggest problem with the original great lash was the brush--it was hard to build without getting clumpy so you had to use a different brush, and if you had to touch up your mascara on the go you'd end up with clumpy spider lashes (if you had to use the brush that was in the tube).

the mascara formula itself was actually very good, which is why Great Lash has been recommended by fashion mags for YEARS. it's VERY light, it builds well, and it doesn't flake. also, you can touch up your mascara without flaking... and now that it has a much better brush, you don't have to worry as much about separation. i think i just found my HG mascara.

on 7/13/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this much, MUCH better than the original. I prefer big, natural brushes. None of this silicone brush, spiky ended crap! Give me a traditional brush any day.

I have no problems maneuvering this brush. In fact, when it comes to these kind of brushes, I like big over small. That's because I just seem to get more volume and a wider, more innocent, prettier look with bigger brushes.

Maybe that's just me. I like this mascara occasionally. It's not my everyday mascara, and definitely not HG material.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have pretty good lashes, and they are thick and coarse. So, I thought why not give a mascara a try to give them some boost. So I went into walmart, and picked this up. I liked the packing, it seemed promising , and the price was only $3.97. So after I went home I went online to seem if people liked it, and reading the reviews on MakeupAlley I thought there was a 50 - 50 % chance I would like it. I tried it on, and the first time it seemed to thick for me, and after it dried it , I couldnt apply more on, without it being icky. I liked the big brush , but to bad it was to big for my inner lashes and bottom ones. So I tried it again this morning, and my overall review is its pretty good. I applied 2-3 coats while it is was wet, and let it dry and went to my second eye and did the same. No flaking(so far), no clumps, no smudging, very nice color, and adorable packing! My lashes look fuller, natural, and longer then they are(even though they are pretty long)! This was my first mascara so, I liked it. I plan on trying more, from different company's to compare and also other ones from Maybelline. I hope this was helpful and thanks for reading. (:<3

on 6/17/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like this mascara!. I use blackest-black - I'm dark-skinned African American so the shade is perfect for me. It doesn't clump. It thickens a bit, not as much as others I've used but it's enough to add definition to my lashes. And I think it evens curls my lashes some. I"m not a fan of the original Great Lash but I like this one.

My favorite mascara!!!

When I realized that CoverGirl's mascaras SUCK, I went to Maybelline. This mascara is great for volume. I've gone through about 4 tubes of it... I ran out a while ago and bought others so I can review those as well... My latest mascara is Hypnose by Lancome...I paid $25+tax for it and it comes no where near the quality of this mascara.
plus this mascara is practically waterproof and never clumps or smudges :)

on 5/30/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The original Great Lash is okay. It's a good basic mascara. I like oomph though and not natural looking lashes. I had found this by searching online and decided to buy it.

It's okay but still not as good as L'Oreal Voluminous.

on 5/23/2011 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Normally I stick to high end mascaras (DIorshow current fav) but for some reason I had an incredible urge to get this at Ulta recently and so I did and as Id almost expected I did not like it at all. Sure it didnt clump but it didnt look like I was even wearing mascara at all. I curled my lashes and put on 4 coats and nada. Bummer cuz the name of this is BIG which implies a big brush and big lashes. Was just a BIG disappointment and it went back.

on 4/16/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my ultimate GO TO every day mascara. It goes on clump free and can be layered throughout the day !

on 4/10/2011 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been looking for a natural looking mascara that doesn't clump and gives me good length. The only con to this mascara is its not very voluminous and it doesn't hold a curl as well as some mascaras ive tried before do but then again I haven't tried it after using my elf lash curler yet so I will update later