August 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Burt's Bees Acne Solutions has been more effective at clearing my complexion than AcneFree. Plus, it doesn't irritate my skin. The consistency of the cleanser is light, and the scent is refreshing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by arualx

I am surprised there are so many positive reviews for this product. I know a product can work differently for different people, and it just did nothing for me. The bottle is awkward to use when you are trying to wash your face. Also, my skin became incredibly dry while using this product. My acne did not clear up, I feel like I have more zits now. I did try to use this for about a month but I still see no benefits to using this. I will not be trying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by likeafeather77

After I read the reviews on here, I was so excited to try it! I didn't have a lot of acne at that point (one or maybe two small ones) but I wanted to use something that would keep it that way. I felt ok after using the cleanser for the first couple of days. My skin felt clean afterwards and I liked that feeling. But after 2-3 days of using it, I started breaking out like crazy. I don't think I've seen my face in this condition since I was a teenager. Horrifying! This was the only thing I changed in my skin regimen, so I'm pretty sure this cleanser is the cause. At first I thought that maybe the cleanser is bringing out the impurities in my skin, so I stuck to it for a week or so. But, nope, it just got worse and worse and worse.

I went to a skincare store the other day and asked the sales associate if she would recommend anything for acne (now that I have a full-blown case of acne) that would also be gentle on the skin and she said no. The store does carry acne treatments but she wouldn't even let me see them because she said that if my skin is even a little bit sensitive, anything organically derived from plants (that was the only thing they had for acne) would most likely worsen my condition. Well, I think that's what happened with Burt's Bees cleanser. I'm sure it worked for some people, but for me it was a complete disaster...

And forgot to mention the packaging... The consistency of this cleanser is VERY liquid-y. So, when you pour it out of the bottle, it's like pouring out water. You have to be super careful with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by holalola559

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin and I get a few zits around my time of the month, but it takes a while for them to go away. Hoping that this would prevent the zits and clear up the existing ones, I bought this wash at my local CVS. I had already tried the scrub and loved it, so I thought that this would be just as fantastic. I was wrong. Upon using this, I woke up with three new zits in areas of my face that I have never broken out in before. I continued the use of this in the morning and evening for two weeks until my skin was so dry that I couldn't take it anymore. Do I think that this would be a good cleanser for those with normal to oily skin? Yes. It is a nice acne cleanser, but you must be willing to give up your skins natural oils. My skin also felt itchy due to the extreme dryness. I will not continue to use this product, and will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kahlua

It's been much more effective in clearing up my skin than other salicylic acid washes (Neutrogena, Olay). I only need to use a tiny amount and I like the slightly odd, woodsy/licorice smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lkmcookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I started noticing the start of aging (sagging and wrinkling) on my face, I bought a Clarisonic and was on the search for the perfect accompanying cleanser (I didn't like the ingredients of the clarisonic cleansers). I recently had some luck with the Burts Bees ageless serum and decided to try this natural acne cleansing gel - the ingredient list seemed like it could work for aging and the occasional breakout I get. I've been using it for about a month now and am quite satisfied! In fact, I got compliments on my skin after getting off a 16-hour flight recently. My only two gripes are (1) I've only seen this at Target so far, which isn't really convenient for me; (2) the consistency is very thin, not a gel at all, so I'm probably using/spilling more. That 2nd gripe is no big deal though. I'm on my second bottle and am fretting that the lack of availability spells trouble for this natural acne solutions line. My fingers are crossed that they keep this around.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by socalwahine

I was not expecting much from this product because it was all-natural. I had been struggling to find a good cleanser and my Bliss Steep Clean had lost its cleaning power. I saw an ad in Lucky magazine and took a chance on this wash. The bottle is $10 at Target. I used it morning and night for about one week, and amazingly, the product did work. Blemishes were smaller, and I saw clear skin for the first time in several months. I used the cleanser in combination with DDF BP Gel, and my skin has been wonderfully clear. The cleanser is a bit runny and does not foam and works well with the Clarisonic cleanser. My skin did dry out a bit, so I am only using this with Clarisonic about 3x a week.

Cons: Poor packaging as the bottle lid leaks a bit. Smells a bit like lemon Pine-Sol.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Alhena21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this free to try as a BzzAgent campaign and was really surprised. I didn't expect to be as wowed by it as I was. It cleans my face w/out stripping it like a lot of acne cleansers do. It is all-natural which is a big plus to me and the smell is nice. Overall I'd recommend it, but don't know how effective or life-altering it is. It cleaned my face, did no harm, and isn't expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by fragariac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a dry to very dry skin and since one year I have acne problem on my forehead. I tried everything. Nothing worked for me but at least I wasnt break out about 1 or 2 weeks when I start using a new product. Burts bees does nothing for me and beside my skin getting worse and worse since I use that. And I gave it 33 $ !!! can you belive that ! I live in Turkey so paid a lot for shipping :( It is a good cleanser thoug but if you want a cure for acne I think this is not a right choice

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's quite watery for a gel and quite pricey for the amount you get. I like the smell and how it cleans quite well and I might buy it again for that. Otherwise, it's like any other cleanser.

Edit 15 Dec 09: After about three months of using this, I got horrible cystic acne on my cheeks and temples. I'll be switching back to Cetaphil. I give this a two for cleaning off waterproof mascara.

I also suspect that I might be sensitive to salicylic acid because I've tried many things with that stuff in it and none of them worked.