November 21, 2014 | 1757 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ammura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara after hearing about how great it was. Big Mistake! When I first bought it about 2 months ago, I really hated it; it was too wet and it just clumped. I thought about throwing it out and I believed I had until yesterday that is. I tried it again after seeing a video on YT. I dug it out and used it and here are my thoughts. First off, it had dried out and was not as wet as it was when I first bought it (about 2 months ago). I found that the trick for me, as I have pretty long and somewhat thick lashes) is to use one of those metal eyelash combs you can get from Sally's and it helps with the clumping. It is not as bad as I had previously thought. To take it off I use Sonia Kashuk's Makeup Eye Remover and it does a great job. But I would definitely not repurchase this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by littletang

I hate this mascara so much! it takes forever to dry!! n it's not Waterproof at all! This is my first Rimmel product.. I guess i will never buy their products again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by evilwitch

Horrible mascara. It dries very hard, I think it took at least 5 minutes until it was completely dry. Also it is not really waterproof, if you put your wet hands on your eyes, the mascara will come off and once it's on your skin it is hard to take it off ( yes, only then it is waterproof). Other "qualities", it doesn't curl your eyelashes (like the non waterproof), it doesn't hold the curls, it doesn't give volume. I think it gives some lenght, but it's hard to tell when your eyelashes are so straight.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked how Sexy Curves Waterproof dried on my lashes. The formula is pretty lightweight, and it was able to help my lashes maintain their curl. Also, once dry, I didn't experience any smearing, even on my sweatier days - truly waterproof. Unfortunately, it took a pretty long time for the mascara to dry. Most times, I would lose my patience and just end up wiping away any excess mascara to help it dry quicker.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by tnt4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was undoubtedly my worst mascara experience ever. A friend bought me the non-waterproof one last Christmas and I quite liked it. As I use hot water continously at work and tend to sweat a little, I decided to purchase the waterproof version.

Horrendous mistake. For a start, it put me out of pocket by about $17 (makeups are more expensive here [Australia]).

The application was awful. The non-waterproof one went on reasonably well and I only had to comb out my lashes a little. This one was like wall paper glue. Instantly, my lashes were gummed together into a disgusting sticky blob. I keep an old mascara brush hand to comb out my lashes after applying mascara, but it helped very little. The mascara is so sticky that it is very hard separate the lashes, and if you do separate them, they stick back together.

Multiple coats or touch ups are a nightmare because it speedily achieves a bubble gum like texture making reapplication virtually impossible.

Yet despite drying to this point very rapidly, it does not appear to dry much more. It remains tacky for hours. A hard blink will transfer lines of mascara onto your skin hours after you've applied it.

Yet...despite remaining a tacky, sticky mess it is hard to remove. Once again...it is gum like. It sticks in chunks to the base of my eye lashes. I had to shampoo my eye lashes!!

This brings me to my final complaint. As a waterproof mascara, it's not very stayfast. It tends to disappear from the tips of lashes and ends up looking as though you have no mascara on...while still managing to cling in sticky chunks to the base of your lashes.

It is a sticky, disgusting, overpriced MESS.

I'm very disappointed - I love Rimmel, but this product is awful

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lalalapolkadots

I DO NOT like this product. I don't find it to add volume to or thicken my lashes which is one of the traits i'd excpect a mascara to have. My lashes end up looking far too separated and feel it no where near lenghtens/volumizes them to the fullest degree. I felt like it left my lashes wet and pulled on them when i applied it. Very unpleasant!! I found it a nightmare to remove. I did use an oil based eye make-up remover but the 'crispy' aspect that the mascara gave to my lashes made the removal of it rather unpleasant.

If i HAD to make this a balanced review, i'd mention that the wand is synthetic, long and thin which makes application quite easy. As the name suggests, it really does add a curve to your lashes and the packaging is quite fun, vibrant and different. However, from what i've gathered from my expereicne using this mascara, i will not be re-purchasing. I was hoping to have a better expereicne with it as a lot of people have recommended it. Perhaps the waterproof formulation isn't the same as the original?

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

This is my first product from Rimmel, Im more of a maybelline/max factor kinda girl when it comes to mascaras.
Sadly enough thgis mascara didnt worked for me.
I always buy waterproof mascaras because i find that they are better at holding a curl, and I really need that precious curl because I have these straight stumpy asian lashes.
The biggest problem is that the formula is very wet, and thats what makes my lashes go down again.
Besides that I think its an ok mascara, just not for ppl who are looking for a mascara that can hold a curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by xviviannn

Waterproof mascara my a***. HORRIBLE PRODUCT! This does not hold a curl at all and takes forever to dry. I wish I could return this, but I bought it at Walmart. I think I only paid $3-4 for this since I had a coupon, so it's not that big of a loss of money. Packaging is cute though, but the brush is horrible. The brush reminds me of this japanese mascara brush, I forgot what the brand was.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by MattysGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst mascara I have ever used! The brush is horrible, I understand they're trying to be all cutesy with the weird brush but it's not functional at all! The mascara hardly gets on your eyelashes. Don't buy this!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was disgusting!
I bought some because I wanted to try something different, what a bad idea I had choosing this!
It's too wet, it PULLS my lashes. yes, PULLS. Not in the way that normal mascaras do, but it somehow made my lash line hurt at the base.
It is a horrible thing to deal with using the dumb brush to coat all my lashes, no matter how many times I ran it over my lashes, it still didn't work. It also feels like there's not enough product in the tube, I only used it about 6 times and it felt like it was gone. It didn't hold a curl because by the time my lashes were fully coated, they were stiff with product and spidery.
I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone, don't make the same mistake I did!