October 2, 2014 | 1855 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by vanrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying and failing with some other mascaras I decided that I did like this mascara after all - no flaking, goes on well, the brush separates lashes well. Also good for sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholic818

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that this product hasn't gotten more recognition. It is possibly my HG mascara! I've been using it everyday because it NEVER leaves my lashes clumpy or spidery, which is usually the biggest problem for me. I love that it adds length and definition. I'm not quite sure how waterproof it is, as I haven't tested it out in that aspect, but I haven't had any issues when it comes to smudging due to sweat or anything like that. There's also no flaking whatsoever, and it leaves your lashes feeling "healthy" if you know what I mean.. lol
The packaging is sleek, and it comes with a lot of product.
Bottom Line: I recommend this if you're looking for an everyday lengthening mascara. Although, if you're looking for a volumizing/ dramatic affect, this will not work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the worlds most difficult lashes....blonde and fine,and mascara either refuses to adhere to them or coats them in a thick,unnatural manner...
I had been using Shu Basic,which I adore,but 1,its 28,00 a tube and
2,it's hard to find ..I used to stock up at Sephora 2x a year but they stopped carrying in-store and it was frequently OOS,and now I think only available at Shu online....
Anyway,I ordered a duo of this from QVC and It's my new HG...coats every lash,no smudging or flaking off the ends of my fine lashes,looks about as natural as mascara CAN look on blonde lashes..love the brush too.
A tube is $18,but I went on AD w/QVC and it averages $15 a tube after s/h and tax....I am happy with that!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this mascara. When I tried it in the store, it was wonderful. When I got home and tried it, I was disappointed. I have done everything under the sun to get it to look like it did when I first tried it and nothing works. I have tried primer, no primer, 3 coats, etc. The main problem is that it doesn't do that good of a job at lengthening or thickening my lashes at all. The brush nicely separates the lashes, but it doesn't even give it that feathered effect. So, this will not be a repurchase. I still love my Magnascopic from Estee, even if it clumps a little, nothing else comes close to what it can do, including Dior Show (not too thrilled about that one either). Oh well, the search continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by leticia212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty awesome it defiantly grabs every lash and is an intense black, its great for building and doesn't clump the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it does flake a little and does end up on the eyelids has the day goes on, but I'm going to try and find a good sealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by JamieLou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have went through many mascaras and this is one of my everyday staples. I have long lashes normally but they are light so I picked this up in the black and it's perfect for my everday look. It makes my lashes noticable without looking like I was going out. It comes off easy without too much rubbing. If you are looking for a daytime mascara this is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a sample so that's why I gave it a 1 in price category. I wouldn't buy this product. It didn't seperate my lashes as well as I hoped after seeing the brush. It didn't even make my lashes look fuller and thicker. I would rather spend my money on a lancome hypnose mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jrwright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Some people frustrate me, especially for those who rated this low for delivering no volume. First of all, nowhere on the packaging does it even mention being volumizing whatsoever.
"Our wand works like a 360 degree comb to deliver outstanding definition, length and lift without clumps. The seriously tapered tip reaches even the sneakiest lashes."
As far as I'm concerned, this delivers what it promises. The black shade is nice without being overwhelming, and defines every last lash without any clumps and adds some nice length and may lift a bit.
This is NOT intended to be a mascara for going out at night, but it is great for a nice clean and pretty look.
I've noticed that upon removal I've lost less eyelashes (BONUS)
I'm pretty oily but has stayed pretty smudge-free
The fact that it also is "paraben-free" and contains nicer ingredients is always good too.
*NOTE: Only thing I have noticed is that, as the brush is comb-like in feel, I'm afraid I'm effectively combing out my curl..but then again that only makes sense that it would...so not a problem.
**I may or may not repurchase because while this mascara does follow through, I'm rather fickle when it comes to mascara and always on the lookout to try new ones.**

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ferris1

I bought this mascara because lately my eyes have gotten dry and itchy after about 5 hours of wear. I tried changing mascaras and the same problem each time. So i turned to BE since they promote natural ingredients over the petroleum, glycerin type ones ( which freak me out and i want no where near my skin let alone my eyes!) So far I have had no itching or dryness. I will purchase again for sure. My only complaint is that it isn't a high impact mascara, which is why i didn't rate it a full 5 lippies. So far my entire makeup bag is going BM, so i am a fan.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Candieee

This mascara is okay. Its good for a summer day when you dont feel like wearing any make up, just some light mascara. It doesnt clump which is good but its not volumizing at all and doesnt make your lashes thick, just makes them a little darker. I got it with my starter kit and Ill probably give it to my friend because she barely wears make up and likes light mascaras
Other BE products however are awesome. i got a lipstick (strawberry daquire i think is the name) and its awesome, love the color. and ive been using the make up for about a year now and I really dont think ill use anything else, its light and its the only thing that doesnt break me out.