October 1, 2014 | 1880 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by cdias16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a while ago and for some reason couldnt get into it.

However three weeks ago i had a few really bad cystic spots that are now healing and i decided instead of using my Mac Studio fix i would use this as a daily light foundation.

(I was colour matched Golden Tan (beginning of summer) and now i think i'm a bit more paler therefore will need a new colour. )

This product is SO light weight. I dont feel like i'm wearing any foundation. coverage is pretty good however i still need to use a concealor on my spots underneath. However sometimes i do go sans concealer and i dont look terriable. because its so light weight it doesnt cause any irritation or clogg pores.

This product does make me a bit oiler but not as oily as my Studio fix and looking in a mirror i dont look like a greasy mess. The foundation stays put. I usually blot every couple of hours with blotting papers

My Main issue is that its quite messy. I have to be careful applying this in my bathroom otherwise it creates a huge mess in my sink and even rinsing doesn't get rid of it. But I got a great tip from my make up SA at sephora - Poor some on a kleenex and dab your brush from there.

Overall Great product which i will be repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by angelene1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am now close to finishing my first jar of this stuff, and I bought it in 2009, so it has lasted a long time. I didn't like it too much in the beginning, and for long periods at a time it was just sitting on the shelf, but the last few months I've discovered what this foundation needs in order to work; and that is true oily skin.

When I first got this I was on birth control which made my skin a bit dehydrated, but now that I'm off the bc, and my skin is back to it's super oily self, this foundation just works so much better. If you don't have oily skin all over, it will look cakey and heavy, and even the tiniest bit of dryness will be magnified.

But if you do have oily skin, this will help keeping it matte. I also have sensitive skin, no issues there with this foundation, and I can even put it on without primer, and it still looks good. Sometimes it lasts all day, and sometimes I need one touch up mid day. I use the color fair, which is the lightest one as far as I know. It's supposed to be cool-toned, but in my opinion it's quite neutral. I find the coverage to be buildable up to about medium coverage, and as with all mineral makeup it needs to be set with either a setting spray or a water spray afterwards.

I find it to be a decent product that does what it says, but nothing more that that. There's nothing luxurious or exciting about it, but it's a quick, easy and fool-proof go-to product for everyday use. I probably won't buy it again right away because there's so many other brands out there to try, but I might if I don't find anything better and if my skin continue to stay oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan and I wore this for months. Coverage is very sheer, it requires a lot of product to achieve medium coverage. It did nothing to control my oil. If anything it made it worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder. I wore it all through my dating. I now wear it only at home and to improve my skin (it has skincare benefits) but out, i like a heavier coverage. The color medium beige is literally my skin color in a loose powder. I believe all good quality minerals should be loose. worth the price. the minerals are of the highest quality and i use so little at a time. a little goes a long way...more than a few sprinkles and you are wasting the product. you just need to learn how to use it. it takes a lot of discipline to understand that you only need a wee little bit of this makeup that if you use the slightest touch too much, it will look terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like heavy face make up so BE is perfect for me. I tried it years ago but found it was too messy. BE gives a nice, natural coverage that is buildable. I have combination skin, and always use BE moisturizer (the best lightweight moisturizer ever) and BE primer (love that too!). It gives me a beautiful, natural looking finish that stays fresh looking all day long. The BE consultant matched my color as "medium golden" she said the "medium beige" I was using was too pink and made my skin look "red." Well, at first, when I saw the yellow powder, I thought "no way" but when I applied it- I was shocked to see how perfect it really is! Oftentimes, I had difficulty matching my skin tone (NC28) with yellow undertone. Either make up is too dark and yellow or light-medium but too pink. I like the newer packaging with the sifter but it still is a little messy to use and I worry about wasting product. I love BE and will definitely stick with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by starsobrite

I went to Macy's one day and was looking around for a great matte foundation since I have oily skin. The BE SA picked out a color for me and dusted it all over my face. It looked nice and she assured me that it would control my oil so I purchased it and went about my day. About two hours later, my makeup felt very heavy. When I looked in a mirror, I was shocked to see that my face was completely oily and that the foundation had also oxidized! It was several shades darker than my skin tone and I looked completely awful! To make matters worse, the next day, I had broken out in little whiteheads because it had clogged my pores. I promptly returned this and will not be purchasing anything else from BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

love love LOVE this foundation! It was the first foundation I ever bought and I didn't like it at the time for whatever reason but as I true more and more brands I decided to give it one more try and I don't know what made me leave it in the first place! It gives me the perfect coverage I need and just makes my skin look good. When I wear the foundation people compliment me on my skin looking good and they have no idea I'm even wearing anything :) this actually helps control my oiliness more than my Mac Pro longwear surprisingly. I can't rave enough about this foundation! It's my everyday foundation and I hope they never stop making it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by theeviemeister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first and only foundation I had ever bought, but sadly I wont be buying again. its probably just my awkward skin, but this product broke me out, make my skin oily but somehow gave me dry patches at the same time, and has given me weird blocked pores some of which I still have. if bare escentuals did a liquid foundation for heavy coverage, I would probably stock buy it, but the powder was too light so it clogged up my pores. also, it oxidizes after about two minutes. sorry, bare escentuals fans!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It gives me an everyday, easy to apply flawless look. It controls my oily areas and melts perfectly to my skin. I would recommend to those who prefer a more natural full coverage look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using BareMinerals for a very long time. I change between light to Golden medium depending on the season and my tan. It sets on my face well and leaves a nice matte finish. Great for all skin types. Do make sure to moisturize well or use a primer before applying though. I will use this to duct forever!