October 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by magda1991

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually can say that I enjoy using this primer. It can be thick but it gets the job done. I would recommend this primer to anyone with oily skin and excentuated pores. The key with this primer is to use a small amount and know how to properly open the lid of this product, it can be a bit tricky.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 8:28:00 PM More reviews by liz1357

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical of yet another primer that promised to minimize oil and pores, but this primer really does the trick. It only takes a small amount of product, and is relatively inexpensive for the amount you get. I have a very oily t-zone, and live in a humid climate and this primer kept my makeup true all day. I only had to touch up my bare minerals once. A good all over primer for anyone with oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by lavenderparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Overall a bad product. It did get rid of my pores when I put it on, but it clogged them more through out the day AND felt like grease on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lipgloss911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does go on smoothly and makes your skin as smooth as silk, but as for minimizing pores or controlling oil- not so much. I won't buy it again because it didn't meet my expectations and it was $30.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by icosmeticRN

I like this product!! I got it in a swap and thought I would try it out based on the tips that I learned here and it worked great! It really smoothes out my skin and makes my pores look smaller AND my foundation just glides over this. I also really like the packaging, the fact that you have to twist the cap helps to ensure that you get a little bit, which is all you need. If you apply to much, I can see this product turning out really bad, but you only need is a little and because of that, I put a really small amount on my finger for each section of my face and BAM! it looks great with MUFE HD foundation..glad I risked trying this because it turned out to be winner for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by blondie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually adore this product. I bought it for the pretty high (for me) price of $30 without checking the reviews, and after reading them I put it away in a drawer and didn't dare to use it. Lately, my Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer has been breaking me out and making me oily. I used this and it immediately made my skin look better! My skin is oily, highly acne prone, and I have acne scars, so this is a big deal when something makes my skin look better even before foundation. My foundation (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, my HG) goes on like silk and stays on. It doesn't accentuate dry spots like Sheer Envy does either. 5/5.

edit: I forgot to add that I use very, very little. It is the key to this product! Use so little that it feels like you have nothing on you face and fingers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mg86

I have had this for just over a month. The first time I used it, I unscrewed the entire cap and applied what I thought was a small amount to my problem areas. As with some other people who have posted reviews, I had awful results: it felt like glue, went on white, and made my foundation look horrific. I tried this day after day for about a week before I got really fed up and put my bottle up for swap. Unable to get rid of it, I checked out the reviews again and saw the one below mine with the correct application method: you need to lift the top portion of the cap and squeeze to get the right amount and it will make all difference; this stuff works great in very, very small doses ONLY to problem areas. As soon as a thin layer is applied pores are visibly reduced if not invisible, and from there it does not get greasy on my combination skin or ruin my foundation - in fact today my foundation is a bit more matte than normal in my problem areas. I do have severe dry patches but I am careful not to put this on anywhere near them as it seems to be strictly for oily skin and enlarged pores. I also use a silicone-based primer all over my face - even in areas where I have layered products I haven't had any breakouts.

I feel stupid for not having figured out the cap sooner, but it is true that isn't the most intuative application method and there are no instructions included on how to properly apply this stuff so I have taken some points off the packaging score for that. I got this in the Sephora kit which was a bargain, but I noticed it normally costs $30. If this keeps working so well on me I will probably re-purchase because I like the UD ethos but the price seems steep for a product from a mid-range brand.

Bottom line: this product works for me and I am very grateful to the last reviewer for setting the record straight on how to use it correctly! I would confidently recommend this if you have combination skin or oily patches, if you have all-over oil then I could suggest you try it first just because it can only be applied sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by hollyevans1817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup artist and this is hands down the BEST foundation primer I have ever used. And I've used several kinds, both on myself and on my clients - Smashbox Photofinish (regular and light), Boscia Oil Control Primer, Laura Mercier Mineral Powder and Regular, MAC. This is the only primer I have found that works on absolutely everyone and with every type of foundation - liquid, cream, powder, mineral, etc.! I know a lot of MUAs considered Smashbox Photofinish to be the best but it is very difficult to use on skin that isn't exfoliated on a regular basis or that has any dry spots; once foundation is applied on top of the Smashbox primer, it will come off in little balls.

A word of advice: you only need a TINY amount of the Urban Decay primer for it to be effective! If you are having issues with it making your skin oily or looking ashy, you are using way too much. I wish the box gave instructions on this but the proper way to dispense this product is by twisting the cap up like an Elmer's glue bottle. It is very easy to accidentally take the entire cap completely off and you will always get too much product that way! If you squeeze the tube lightly and draw a line that's about 1/2" long, that should be plenty to cover your entire face, neck, and chest. (And yes, as a makeup artist, I am telling everyone out there you should always apply your foundation to not only your face but your neck and chest as well) I rated the packaging a 3 due to the lack of instructions and how easy it is to open this incorrectly.

This primer makes skin smooth, soft, and silky and foundation applies effortlessly and covers extraordinarily well!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by celticsiog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I was just reading the other reviews here and I haven't had the same experiences as the majority of people here!! I only use a teeny amount per problem area (nose and part of cheeks closest to nose) and I loved it! It spreads really well for me, and blends clear. It has a lovely silky feeling as well. I used it on my mom as well and it did even more for her than it did for me. She loved it also. I havent had any problems with it drying white or gray. I cant make any comment about helping my makeup last because I am normally a tinted moisturizer or no foundation girl. I did use this product with UD cream to powder foundation in haze, but I think the problems I had with that combination stemmed from the foundation itself.
I marked this buy again, bought only if i got another FF discount. I would like to try the other pore primers out there because this was my first, so I may experiment a bit.
This product gets a thumbs up from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by krista123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I've had UD pore perfecting for a few days, worn it twice, and I'm pretty sure I'm in love.. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, we're talking like oily even when I'm still putting the finishing touches on my face when I'm getting ready. As far as I can tell, it's keeping the oil away for at least 3 hours. Not totally positive on how it keeps my makeup holding up; I still need to wear it a few more times to reallly be able to tell. It did survive a brutal shift at work today, though, which I sweated through. For the people who said it went on like glue: stop putting on so much! I put a tiny amount on every problem area, and it seems to be working well. I really hope this turns out to be my miracle product since I'm so excited about it. I have tried only one other primer before this, Smashbox photo finish light; and it was totally useless. So I absolutely do reccomend this, and will buy again! :)