Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 9/11/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I might need to play around with this a little more, but so far I'm not thrilled with it. It's a bit thick and leaves a whitish cast on my skin, and doesn't actually help my makeup to apply smoother or last longer. I also find most silicon-based primers make foundation slide off or ball up after a few hours, and this doesn't seem to be an exception. I like the packaging and was very excited to see a version of my beloved Primer Potion for the whole face, but so far this isn't a win.

on 9/6/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a horrible product, just not the one for me. A little thick for my liking, and the feel while wearing it is odd. It did help make my pores less noticeable though :) I'll stick to my smashbox primer for the money

I got a sample size of this with an order from beauty.com and wasn't a big fan. It felt greasy and I didn't notice a difference when I applied my makeup over it- my foundation still came off after 2 hours and my pores were still visible. I probably wouldn't buy this again, but I've found that sample size products often work different than their full-size counterparts, so who knows.

on 8/27/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

IMO, it's too thick, it's be easier to get a thin even layer with a thiner, maybe gel-y er product and when it's too thick it looks ashy. My makeup does last FOREVER with it but after wearing it for more than 8 or so hours i notice instead of just blackheads on my nose and forehead i have teansy lil pimples and if i wear it working a long shift/double and have makeup on for more than 10 or so hours i had actual pimples, which I never get. It doesn't change the appearence of my pores at all which is enough for me to not repurchase, maybe if it was just sold as a long lasting primer but if you promise me small pores, deliver.

I expected so much from the people who made UDPP

on 7/25/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I actually can say that I enjoy using this primer. It can be thick but it gets the job done. I would recommend this primer to anyone with oily skin and excentuated pores. The key with this primer is to use a small amount and know how to properly open the lid of this product, it can be a bit tricky.

on 7/13/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I was skeptical of yet another primer that promised to minimize oil and pores, but this primer really does the trick. It only takes a small amount of product, and is relatively inexpensive for the amount you get. I have a very oily t-zone, and live in a humid climate and this primer kept my makeup true all day. I only had to touch up my bare minerals once. A good all over primer for anyone with oily skin.

Overall a bad product. It did get rid of my pores when I put it on, but it clogged them more through out the day AND felt like grease on my face.

on 7/10/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product does go on smoothly and makes your skin as smooth as silk, but as for minimizing pores or controlling oil- not so much. I won't buy it again because it didn't meet my expectations and it was $30.00.

on 7/9/2010 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product!! I got it in a swap and thought I would try it out based on the tips that I learned here and it worked great! It really smoothes out my skin and makes my pores look smaller AND my foundation just glides over this. I also really like the packaging, the fact that you have to twist the cap helps to ensure that you get a little bit, which is all you need. If you apply to much, I can see this product turning out really bad, but you only need is a little and because of that, I put a really small amount on my finger for each section of my face and BAM! it looks great with MUFE HD foundation..glad I risked trying this because it turned out to be winner for me!

on 6/16/2010 3:18:00 PM

I actually adore this product. I bought it for the pretty high (for me) price of $30 without checking the reviews, and after reading them I put it away in a drawer and didn't dare to use it. Lately, my Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer has been breaking me out and making me oily. I used this and it immediately made my skin look better! My skin is oily, highly acne prone, and I have acne scars, so this is a big deal when something makes my skin look better even before foundation. My foundation (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, my HG) goes on like silk and stays on. It doesn't accentuate dry spots like Sheer Envy does either. 5/5.

edit: I forgot to add that I use very, very little. It is the key to this product! Use so little that it feels like you have nothing on you face and fingers.