April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Wizdom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HAve the amberlight. Its ok like mentioned it does wear off but i blend it with others anyways because i have a brown skin tone so it would look weird if i wore it alone. It is pricey but i love to try new lipgloss' . Out here it is $30 (toronto) The packaging is nice. I love the black and gold theme. Smells great but i would wait a bit too see if chanel will release darker shades.

After having this for no more than a month i also started to notice that the pkg scrapes off. Ive never had any gloss thats done that dont think ill be purchasing this again......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gloss is not sticky at all. However, sometimes you want sticky if you want it to stay. This is a great, thick, glossy, more grown up gloss. It is quite pricey. I have 2 of these glosses. One shade is Blizzard...which I believe they still make. Blizzard is a fantastic color...very universal...I wore it almost everyday until I ran out. The only reason I am hesitating to repurchase is because it costs $26!!! The other is called Electric and is a very bright pop or reddish-orange with gold iridescence...not sure if this one is still available or not. Anyway, overall this gloss is great. The only setback is the price. So, if money is not an object...buy this gloss! It is thick...not the same consistency as a MAC (stickier) or Dior (more slick/slippery).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket when I decided to pick up this gloss. It was the most expensive gloss I've ever bought, so I expected to be WOW'd by it...I wasn't. It was somewhat sticky, but wore off so fast I barely had a chance to admire the sheer shimmery color payoff on my lips. I'm not a fan of sticky glosses, but if it increases the wear, then I'll tolerate it. This was not the case. So, to sum up...I never bought another and I didn't even finish the tube I had.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by grisel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't too happy with this lip gloss. I was expecting more because of the name and the price. The color wears off too quickly it is not an intense color you need to re apply it often... I think there are better quality cheaper glosses than this one. I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simply the best glosses I've ever used at any price. Beautiful shades, never clownish, just the right amount of shine and they last and last. I still miss discontinued Fig after all these years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chanel Glossimers are the best lip glosses. They come in the most beautiful colors and have superior shine and staying power compared to other lip glosses. They have a non-sticky gel texture and are completely tasteless and scentless as well. The packaging is very classy and sophisticated. I've collected many colors over the years and they have been worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just think that this lipgloss is way overrated. I bought several of colors, Summer Plum, Blizzard, Equinoxe and Sideral. I found none of the colors flattering. Color payoff is poor and texture slightly sticky. I just think Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses look way more flattering and feel better on the lips. I swapped away all the Chanel glosses and kept the Revlon glosses.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I don't get why people buy this stuff. The colors look really bad on me (I have fair skin), and they come off in about 10 minutes. They're not thick enough, and they aren't moisturizing. The shimmery ones way overdo the shimmer in my opinion, and they're really expensive as far as lip gloss goes. Chanel made a limited edition gloss one time that was pink and sheer (no sparkle), it looked amazing and stayed on. Why they don't do that with all of their glosses I will never understand.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by yummyjujube

only bought it cause i was attracted to it. but it is a good gloss but it isnt worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not really a fan of Chanel glossimers... I've tried Imaginaire (a purple color with shimmer) along with Constellation (a nude sheer shimmer color) and another sheer shimmer color that I forgot the name of and didn't really find anything special about them. I think they are way over priced ($25-26 for one). I must agree though that they have decent texture and are not sticky, but they are also not very pigmented. They aren't scented, which can be a plus, but I sometimes like having a pleasant smell to my lipglosses.

Compared to Clinique lipglosses, both are unscented and have somewhat similar texture. I think Clinique's lipglosses are a little thicker though (I'm referring to their glosswear and full potential lips glosses.)

Compared to Lancome's Juicy Tubes, Chanel glossimers are much less sticky and have no smell at all while Juicy Tubes tend to smell like anything foody (I've smelt caramel and fruit) to somewhat perfumey. I think some Juicy Tubes are more pigmented though (for example Exquisite.) However, glossimers with shimmer/glitter feel less 'gritty' compared to some Juicy Tubes with shimmer. (You hardly feel the glitter at all if any.)

Compared to MAC lipglasses, I find that lipglasses are much more pigmented than glossimers. Also, lipglasses tend to have a slight vanilla smell to them.

Price comparison:
Chanel Glossimer - $25 (Macy's) or $26 (Nordstrom)
MAC - $14
Lancome Juicy Tube - $18 (Lancome.com)
Clinique Full Potential Lips - $17.50
Clinique Glosswear - $14

Size comparison:
Chanel Glossimer - 0.19 OZ
MAC - 0.17 OZ
Lancome Juicy Tube - 0.5 OZ
Clinique Full Potential Lips - 0.16 OZ

***Forgot to mention, I took off one lippie for price, one for not much pigmentation and another for the size...which sort of corresponds to the price.