April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by princesspolkadot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! When I first purchased it at Walmart, I heard great reviews on it, and I was excited to use it. However, I used a flat top brush to apply it, and it was really cakey. I was so disappointed. A few weeks later, I decided to give it one more go, this time, using a kabuki foundation brush-(shaped like a beauty blender, in a way) and it worked WONDERFULLY. It wasn't cakey at all, and it blended out very nicely. For me, it doubles up as a concealer too, I can't see any dark circles under my eyes. My skin looks flawless when I'm wearing this!

For oil control, it didn't control much, but it didn't smear off throughout the day, either.

My biggest complaint is probably the packaging-I mean, there's no pump or anything, how do you get the foundation out?! I have to shake the bottle, and there'll be some at the top, and I'll dip my brush in there. Then the foundation goes back down, and I'll have to close it again and shake it up. Unsanitary, I know. So it Maybelline can come up with a better packaging for this-I probably will give it 5 stars!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by countrygirl97

I have combination skin and so I had heard that this was suppose to be good for my skin type but it aint! This made my whole face look very flakey and hairy once I got into natural lighting!! I paid 10 bucks for this and it sure wasnt worth it!! I would not recommend this for people that have combination skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by HelloDear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really never had the chance to experiment much with this foundation so I really can't say how much of a staying power this had on my oily skin. The colour options for this foundation are too little. I asked one of the workers to help me choose a foundation that would match me and I was stuck between choosing one that was either too light on me or too dark. But it was cheap so if you find one that perfectly matches you, you might want to try this out...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by WretchedRevenge

I just recently got this make up because I am in the Army and got stationed in a state that is high in humidity (so not what i'm used to). Anyways one Facebook status later I had a bunch of referrals to try this make up because supposedly it lasts through sweat and humidity (this coming from my friends back home in the dry heat of California). Anyways, I'll cut to the chase. This make up is thick, it covers excellently, probably a good make up for dry climate. But in southern humid states it's not good. My face gets really shiny and glossy and oily by the time i leave the house and when I clean my make up off at night with a make up cleansing wipe there isn't any face make up left just my eye make up lol I try not to leave my reviews without a comparison or another option so i'll just say that I had better coverage with Loreal True Match. It's lighter, smoother, stays on longer, Doesn't get as oily but the trick is to put on the liquid foundation then the compact powder. Also another side note is that these make ups work better on darker complexion. The lighter skin tones don't offer as good of coverage for either of these brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by my4kidsarecuter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. Good texture, good coverage-medium to full, stays in place like it says...My only issue is that the color options arent too vast. Other than that Id buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Nude and its too yellow and dark for me. I imagine this would work well if I got a tan but for now it doesn't work. I think the zero transfer claim is a load of crock because when I blot I see the foundation coming off. The product also sit unnaturally on my face, like it never blends in correctly, no matter what I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wanting to try an alternative to my ELDW because it's so hot during the summer that it just feels too heavy. I like that this stays on. I really don't think I get 24 hours as advertised but I get 8 or 9 hours out of it. EDIT I noticed that this turns orange on me (oxides) so I won't be repurchasing it. I also found like others mentioned that it is hard to get a color match.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by dearlymakeup

I tested this for a week without a primer or a setting spray, but topped it off with a variety of powders. I tested this in the cooler weeks of summer in NY. I also prefer to apply it with a sigma buffing brush working in sections. I have combination oily skin with an occasional blemish to cover, and some yr old acne scars.
Thougts:
1. great finish if you like matte foundations. Not TOO matte, but there was also no sparkle (that's for you, Revlon Photoready).
2. I actually found it quite creamy. HOWEVER, it will dry very quickly, so don't be misled and make sure you work fast.
3. This does not have the usual thick consistency of most longwearing foundations. Therefore, I do not consider it to be 'full-coverage.' Even though I think it is well-pigmented, you will need concealer for any scars. So, it's a trade-off in the sense that those who do not have a lot of scars or indents on their face will enjoy the lighter wear of this (in comparison to a lot of MAC foundations, EL Double Wear, or Revlon Colorstay) without sacrificing pigmentation, but it might be annoying for girls who don't want to stand around all day working with concealer.
4. I don't actually find this TOO long-lasting. I could use it with a primer, but I like having the option of skipping primer on days I feel like it. This probably only gives me a good 5 hr finish without a primer as opposed to Revlon Colorstay and EL Double Wear. Now, I really am not crazy about the finish of either of those. HOWEVER, the finish and apperence that you start with right after application is really the one you end up with for at least for 9 hrs +. That being said, I still prefer the Superstay in this category bc I think the finish you get from start to finish (even though it's worn off) is better than that of Colorstay or Double wear.

Overall, I'll be keeping it in my bag for summer. It doesn't beat out my Dior Hydra Life BB cream (which is AMAZING for summer and the best of every world) and my Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere for the winter months. I was looking for cheaper alternatives and this is good enough for me on days other than special occasions. I'll probably use a Neutrogena foundation in the winter though...I think this might have a dulling or drying effect during those months.

So, in the summer bag this goes! ps- I like to top this with a more luminous powder so I'm not sacrificing a healthy skin look with a matte foundation. Physicians Formula is a great option bc there's no talc in their powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by missve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Super Stay Make-up 24 hrs is AMAZING!!!! absolutely love the texture, when applying this liquid foundation its not gooey nor oily, so for those that have oily skin this is the product for you! it stays matte all day! personally, i tend to get oily around my t-zone areas so i needed something that would keep me looking matte all day, you donít need to re-apply your foundation and you donít need to apply a lot either! bought this foundation around $20 or so? i recommend those that have an oily complexion try it out :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by lingysnowbunnie

Iíve heard SO many good things about this foundation so I decided to purchase a bottle at Walgreens. The only color that was remotely close to my skin was Classic Beige. The next color up was like 5 shades too dark. Classic Beige was about a shade too light. I have never used Revlon Colorstay but have heard the comparison. Packaging wise, it felt like a study bottle but hate the fact that it doesnít not have a pump. I just highly prefer a pump (I had to pour a little bit of this out on my finger one day and this giant goop came sliding out and fell on my finger and my shirt Ė nice). The consistency is somewhat thick but did not feel heavy on. Because of the color difference, I have to powder to get my correct color which means that the finish was very matte and powdery looking. I had to use a setting spray to get my face looking normal again. However, my skin started to react to it soon after I put it on. I started feeling this weird tingly sensation and thought it could be just how it is (Idk) so I continued on applying makeup. After I was all done, I felt the tingly sensation turned into a burning sensation. I had to wipe it all off my face instantly. Second time I tried it (I know, I know but I thought it was just reacting to the primer and foundation not mixing well together), I put on a different primer. I did the same routine. No burning sensation this timeÖinstead, my face started to turn red Ė like visible to where you can see the redness through all the foundation. Had to wipe it off. That is my last attempt to really want to like this foundation. I will be returning it to Walgreens.

Note: I used MACís primer the first time and BE Prime Time primer the second time. Iíve never had either primer react to any foundation. Iíve used it under LORAC, Lancome, Loreal, etc and itís never caused this type of reaction to my skin.