January 30, 2015 | 2177 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the 'Excess' version first, which I love! So i decided to try this one cos some people said that the original is better, but i would have to politely disagree! This one is quite clean (doesn't clump as much as excess), i find it personally very curling/lifting on my lashes but only slightly (very slightly) lengthing and doesn't make me look pretty at all! It just makes my eyes big and round, whereas i much prefer the sweeping vinyl japanese long eye (which is much more the excess version) on my eyes. For me this original version doesn't even compare to givenchy or bad gal lash (which are cheaper)! The only mascara i'd pay that much for is the eyes to kill 'Excess' version!!
UPDATE: Its easy to be disappointed by a product when its hyped, but despite my initial disappointment this Mascara has stood the test of time and now its the one mascara I reach for the most for day time. Its a more mature and sophicated yet dramatic mascara was can look good with natural make-up for day time....., 'Excess' version is better for evening, and i'm starting to fall in love with this one. So Giorgio Armani has won my heart in foundation and now mascara too! One very seductive cosmetics range indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This didn't hold my curl but I'm used to Shu Basic. However, my mom used it without an eyelash curler and hers were curled and stayed as such. I guess she has a natural curl. But mine definitely sank as soon as I applied it.

That said, its finish is lovely and the application is very nice- excellent definition and separation, notable lengthening, no clumping, wore well through the day, and was a nice dark black.

ETA: tempted to knock another lippie- it flakes like a bastard. Will be a return.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by luliana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

in short: the very best mascara i've ever used - volumize, lengthen and holds a curl. my lashes looks dramatic yet natural ( you have to try it to understand:)) - will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. Almost no volume, some length. Sticks lashes together if you try to apply more coats, makes them spikey. Big disappointment after reading such great reviews. Just an ordinary mascara in a nice packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I expected much more from this mascara after all the hype. Its not any better than lancome mascaras. Hypnose Drama is still my fav. and in my opinion is better than this one. will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by slstar

Super black color. Fabulous packaging. But that's it. It lengthens a good bit, but in the volume dept...it is severely lacking. I have had better volume with drug store mascaras. It also seems to make lashes stick together beyond 2 coats. And at $30 a tube, I think I would much rather stick with my YSL Faux Cils which has the same rich black color but gives outrageous length AND volume, as well as soft-to-the-touch, fluttery lashes. I will use up the tube since I threw away my receipt, but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Mehach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product gives what you expect from Giorgio Armani! I am pretty much pleased with this mascara. It is a high end one and absolutely makes a dramatic look. I have lashes at normal length and this has made them curve up and gain length at desirable measures.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

As I mentioned in my other GA reviews, all of the products I recently tried from GA has exceeded my expectations. I've been using a mix of high end and low end mascaras not necessarily loving any of them in particular. I've recently been using Shiseido's Perfecting mascara and Shiseido's mascara base. My challenge with mascara is my oily eye lids and finding something that will not budge.

Eyes to Kill not only last, but a few strokes and feel like I have movie star eye lashes. I don't know what it is about GA, but all the products make me feel beautiful. I know this is a big statement, but it totally delivers. The brands I've used such as Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier just looks like I have makeup on. I don't know if that makes any sense, but with GA products I feel like I had a makeup artist do my makeup every morning.

And the luxuriously weighted tube of mascara is so luxe.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by coolnerd89

Ok, so in short....I LOVE THIS MASCARA!!!! It does everything you need a mascara to do: lengthen, volumize, and curl lashes. This one mascara gives me the same effect of my lashblast length and lashblast fusion. This is close to be an HG!

Oh extra points goes to the the actual mascara container...its a glossy black metal container....very sexy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Camiran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I have never written a review on a product before but this mascara is amazing. I have tried them all. From cheap to expensive. With one coat my eyelashes looked a mile long. I am really happy with my purchase and I have found my HG mascara.