December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my god, I love this stuff. I thought my HG d/s foundation was the L'Oreal Visible Lift with Serum foundation but this is so much better. L'O VL was looking a little too pink for me lately, so rather than getting another bottle in a different color I took a chance and got this one because of the reviews here.
It was a little difficult to find a color match because Target didn't have testers, so I opened like 4 boxes trying to decide which was the best one. The frosted glass makes it hard to tell what the actual color is so I had to swatch everything. I ended up getting New Ivory and it matches really well, it's not too yellow or too pink, just beige which is good for me. They didn't have too many shades at this Target, so I'm not sure how easy it would be for people to color match.
At first I thought the formula was a little too liquid-y but I got around that by trying different applications. I prefer a more full coverage because I have acne scars and redness, so I apply this in two layers: once just a quick sweep all over my face with a sponge, then another stippled into the problem areas. The coverage is very good, doesn't cake up or look splotchy, and this stuff doesn't budge throughout the day. I had a bad day last week where I was crying on and off, wiping my face and whatnot, and my makeup looked good all day.
The packaging is excellent, lord knows we all love a pump. I didn't buy this for the lifting and firming uses so I can't say how it holds up there. I like that it has an SPF. The price is a little on the high side for d/s but I really think it's worth it, I would buy this again. My new favorite d/s foundation right here.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: hugeeee bummer!!! this fdtn is breaking me out :-( i'm so sad..guess it was too good to be true..i wear full bangs so i don't use any fdtn on my forehead..sure enough my forehead is clear and every place i put this fdtn is totally clogged..blackhead central!! boo!!

WOW..this is def a keeper!! To begin, I am about a NC20, in Colorstay i'm Buff, in MUFE F&B i'm Ivory, in MUFE HD i'm 117/118. In this lovely fdtn i'm New Ivory and it is a PERFECT match!!! even better than colorstay buff which i didn't think was possible to get a closer match than buff. okay, so i absolutely love the finish of MUFE F&B. slightly dewy, medium coverage..unfortunately the color match wasn't as perfect as i like, and it just doesn't stay on no matter what finishing powder i use. and then there's colorstay: the color buff is gorgeous and overall i do really like this fdtn but it is just TOO heavy for everyday use imo..*enter this little gem* lifting and firming is EVERYTHING i look for in a fdtn!! Perfect color match, perfect dewy, youthful finish, perfect medium coverage, AND (yes there is an and) it LASTS!!! i don't even use a powder to set b/c i don't want to ruin the PERFECT finish and even still, it LASTS ALL DAY!! in order to reach HG status it has to not cause any clogs or breakouts and i've only been using it for a week, so i promise to update if it wrecks havoc on my skin. but for now, i'm in LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Base products are always my favorite to explore and find new and exciting things. I saw a pic from the Photo Board and a girl was wearing this foundation. Oh my, her skin looked so nice. I jumped over to Product Reviews and saw that this foundation has a 4.4 rating. Next, I jumped in my car and headed to Target. I took what raqalichavez said to heart with her shade issues and I also picked up Vanilla. For those who are cool toned, it will be hard trying to figure out what shade you are. All shades have a strong yellow tone to them. Vanilla (shade-wise) is perfect with my coloring. However, tone-wise, it is a bit yellow based but not as yellow as my other possible options (Nude and Blond). Vanilla cancels out my redness in my cheeks and forehead leaving me with a beige neutral base. The finish is perfect for winter. The finish is dewy and radiant but not sparkely. The texture has slip and easy to blend with fingers. I apply this over my L'Oreal primer and the finish is smooth and the coverage is medium. I found with this foundation I needed less concealer under my eyes for my dark circles. I'm not really into full cover so I was very happy with the results with one layer. One layer will cover minor inperfections and provide a nice medium coverage yet letting your skin show through . Another quality I look for in a foundation is comfort. I was a bit unsure at first thinking the "lifting & firming" properties of this foundation would make my face tight and mask-like. But, I was wrong, I can't even feel that I'm wearing foundation! Also, I'm breakout prone and from the reviews, this foundation seems like it caters to sensitive skin. I've been using this for two weeks and have no signs of breakouts or clogged pores. Lastly, I love the packaging. The bottle is a nice heavy glass bottle with a lovely pump. For a drugstore foundation, Boots packaging is elegant and can be mistaken for highend. So far, I am happy with this purchase. My overall rating is a 4 and not a 5 because of the shade tones. Boots Lifting & Firming cost $14.99 for 1.0 oz. and I can only find this brand @ Target.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ratfink1818

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really don't write reviews anymore, but this foundation is AWESOME! I am about an NC15, probably a tad lighter, and the porcelain shade (target doesn't carry this shade, I ordered mine from drugstore.com for about 11 dollars) is a great match. It is quite yellow toned which is great for counteracting my redness. I have very sensitive skin that breaks out easily and this product has not triggered any breakouts or rashes. My skin type is combination: I get oily around the sides of my nose and my chin. I have only used this during the cold weather, but once I set it with powder, I do not need to blot throughout the day! Not only does it make my skin flawless, but it stays put throughout the day. In fact, I ran a 5K today and afterwards my makeup still looked great. I use a skunk brush to apply it. The first time I used it, I used a beauty blender sponge and the finish looked really cakey and shiney for some reason, but with a skunk brush, its perfection! HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MsNicoleG

This foundations is a great product for price, hypoallergenic,has a spf of 15, and with a person with sensitive skin or prone to break-outs it is great.Also it supposed to be a 8 hour foundation, I have found it to work longer than the 8 hours..Love it stays very creamy without rubbing off and leaves a "dewy" look on your skin.Oh, and I love that it has a pump.Best drugstore foundation I have found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Shade Reference :
Boots lifting & firming no 35, Almond.
nc 40, Asian, Yellow undertone, Mac MSFN med. dark, Maybelline dream matte powder in honey, Milani cream to powder in sand, EDM med. beige (a bit too light for me), Bobbi Brown warm natural

This product is breaking me out. Okay, I do have very sensitive and acne prone skin but it said hypo allergenic, so I took off 2 lippies for that, sorry boots..

The other 3 lippies given because it gives medium coverage (that I badly needed), It really does cover even my old acne scars when I build it up and the finishing is just lovely, not masky at all. Fyi, I applied it using my finger and smoothed it out carefully with damp sponge. Tried using 187 brush and it accentuate my flaky skin (due to acne medication).

Also more lippies since I only need one pump to cover my entire face, with the price and the usage, I say this is a bargain product!Not to mention this foundie holds up quite well on my oily skin...not bad, huh

would i buy this again?if not for the fact that it broke me out, I would certainly buy this again. But since it is then I will not buy this again despite how tempted it is considering the finishing is just geourgeous, the long staying is great and the price is cheap...arrgghhhh

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUAers for this recommendation. I have been using this foundation for several weeks now and I adore it. I purchased the shade "Nude" (I'm fair complected, with a yellow undertone to my skin) and it looks just right. When I say "just right", I mean totally undetectable in all kinds of light. For reference, I used to use Prescriptives in the shade "Real Vellum" and I actually think this is a better match for me (for much less $$). As others have noted, it's not all that dewy -- it's more of a satin finish, but it's not drying and it does not settle into fine lines. I use 3/4 of a pump and it provides just the right amount of light/medium coverage -- you don't need very much, so I anticipate this bottle will last awhile. The glass pump bottle rivals anything you might find in a dept. store. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by hissy

Love this product. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. I am NC30 and matched to Vanilla, which is a yellow shade that works well. It's not dewy, but yet not completely matte. It has medium coverage. I have always been a fan of Studio Fix Powder, but am finding that my skin is too dry for powder now. I've tried a few liquids in the past year. A lot of them broke me out. This one hasn't yet. I have combination skin. Because of the winter weather, my cheeks are very dry, yet my nose still manages to be oily, but this holds up very well even with the oiliness. I wouldn't say it Lifts, but it definitely give a bit of a tight feel, which I like since it keeps it feeling fresh throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really appreciate all the reviews for this and found them helpful. My experience is slightly mixed--the color (blonde) was my best match but not great. The finish is not quite as dewy as I would like even with adding moisturizer and a highlighter product. The price, however is amazing and if you could find the right color and don't need a dewy finish it would be great. I'm sticking with Armani for now but really wanted it to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by raqalichavez

I purchased this yesterday after I swatched it on the back of my hand. My hands are dry right now due to the change in weather. This foundation made the back of the hand I tested it on look so smooth and moisturized. I went back to Target to buy it. I tried the shades Almond and that was too dark and yellow, Nude, Blonde still too yellow but blended well, and I bought this in Vanilla it is perfect beige, with some yellow but still light enoug. I think if you have either Blonde or Nude to try Vanilla it might match better. The packaging is very high end quality and so is the foundation. I put it on this morning at 6 am set it with Rimmel stay matte pressed powder in translucent and it didn't cake or change the color. It just melts into your skin and blends so well. This is probably going to be my HG for this winter. I can't wait to try other Boots No. 7 face makeup to go with this great find.

I applied this with the Sonia Kashuk flat top blusher brush the one for liquids and it blends this foundation so well it looks like airbrush. This doesn't give the best coverage but a very natural healthy even skin tone.