October 22, 2014 | 1164 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Great cleanser a little bit too harsh to use everyday overall it's fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I use this cleanser on a regular basis and it actually was my first Lush purchase. I've struggled with my skin since hitting puberty and nothing ever really worked for me. A friend took me to Lush to buy soaps and, after chatting with a clerk about my skin, I walked out with this cleanser to try. After one use, I saw and felt immediate results. My skin was smooth and clean and super soft to the touch. For the first week of using this, I did break out a bit since this product actually draws dirt and oil from deep in the pores to the surface. I kept using it though and the break outs desisted over time and now my pores are visibly smaller! Some other reviews have commented on how abrasive this is but if you have sensitive skin, just use a gentle hand. More people complain about it being messy. I usually use it in the shower to avoid cleanup but if I use it in the sink, I just make sure to be careful not to splash about everywhere. I've never had a problem with this leaving a residue on my face but I do sometimes get little black sugar grains under my nails. The Lush product deets suggest to use this once a week and I don't use it more often than that unless I'm going out with thick, heavy makeup and need to wash it off. For me, Dark Angels keeps oil slicks at bay, exfoliates, refines pores, and clears my skin of blemishes. This cleanser = love. It has become part of my regular routine and I couldn't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by blondevixentn

I absolutely love Dark Angels. I use this every night in the shower. It leaves my skin very clean without drying it out too much. This cleanser is incredibly exfoliating and really gets the pores clean. My skin has cleared up so much since I started using this product. Sometimes I use Coal face soap along with this product for a "super" cleaning.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a coal-based all-natural facial scrub for people with oily/combination/acne skin. I've used this for half a year. I like it but don't plan to repurchase because I prefer a non-scrubbing daily facial wash.

Pro:
- Removes oil and dirt really well due to the coal ingredient there!
- scrubs well
- leaves skin hydrated after wash
- all natural

Con:
- umm expensive (I got 110g for $16)
- There is expiry date of 3 months from purchase since this is a natural product without preservatives. If you can't use it up, don't buy that much.
- this is an exfoliating scrub instead of a soft foaming cleanser. At times I was using it twice daily but then I got worried about frequent scrubing being bad for my face.
- You have to use a toner with cotton ball afterwards to remove black residues from the face. I heard that fresh product tend to leave less residue and old product may just stick more to your face, thus the expiry date.
- Don't like the tub packaging. You have to use a dry hand to remove the facial scrub otherwise the rest of the tub gets wet and muddy quickly. Now if I wet my face first then my hand would be wet...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great face scrub and cleanser for people with skin that can take this type of intense scrubbing. The sugar and charcoal exfoliate really well, but the oils are moisturizing enough that the skin doesn't feel dry or irritated afterwards. Wonderful natural ingredients too, that don't break me out. It is quite messy to use though, so I only use it in the shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff. I have a very oily skin, and this makes my skins less oily, and very soft. I would advice you to use it in the shower, because when you put on on your face, it's easier to wash it all of in the shower.
The smell is fine, it reminds me of anise which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by keleybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I believe this is sometimes said to be a "cleanser" but I use it more as a scrub after I've already cleansed and removed makeup off my face. It's a weird concept at first, this black charcoal substance and even the scent is a little different, but once I got used to it, I like both the texture and the scent! It works great for my super oily skin with huge pores! I mainly use in the shower though because it can get a little messy...but love this stuff! & would repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Chemikalische

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

A lovely cleanser, left my face smooth and feeling soft. The only thing is, it got black stains everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is a much much better exfoliating product than the ocean salt!! It works better too... It doesn't sting your face, it takes out the oils and scrubs well softly that I can use this every other day.. rather than once a week.. it works well on my face.. I need to buy this again..

I advise to use it in the shower, it does not wash off easily otherwise. This is my perfect daily exfoliating product. I don't know why I stopped using it for a while, I did try the 7 day scrub from clinique and then I stopped using them both after that.. I would advise a daily scrub that's soft rather than a weekly scrub that's quite rough.. for me the daily scrub works better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by firdawsxpatel

I started using Dark Angels about 3-4 months ago. I got 50 grams of it for about $5 or so, just to try it out, and I love it! It gently cleans my face and removes any excess oils, brightens up my face, and leaves my skin feeling extremely soft. I also noticed that while adding this into my skin care routine, I hadn't been getting any huge breakouts, just the usual little pimples here and there. I recommend using this in the shower, because it is much easier to wash off. I tried using this over my sink, and it didn't wash off easily, there was still black left over on my face. Overall, I give this product a 4 out of 5. Also, you don't need to use much. All you use is a pea-sized amount. The 50 grams that I got lasted me 3 whole months (using it every other day in the shower)! I definitely recommend this product, and I am going to repurchase this on my next trip to LUSH.