July 24, 2014 | 1628 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, I'd say I like this product and it did make my skin look nice but I don't think I will repurchase. I've been pretty blessed when it comes to my skin; I don't have acne and I only get the occasional breakout that is easy to tame. But I do have combination skin that gets really dry and tight in my cheeks and oily on my skin and forehead. The first time I used this, I really liked it. It made my skin look and feel really clean and after rinsing, my skin looked bright and revived. But the more I've used it, my skin began to feel even more dry and tight and I experience some redness in sensitive areas. I think that this was just a little to harsh for me. Plus, not a huge fan of the smell (although it's not so bad, you get used to it.) Nice product, just not right for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

This is such a lovely product. It's basically a sugar and charcoal scrub, so it's really great if you have oily, dull, uneven skin. First time I used it, I was skeptical since the scrubs I've tried didn't do much and instead left me with red, irritated skin. My face randomly gets splotchy throughout the day and the scrubs I previously used just made it worse. But as soon as I washed Dark Angels off, my skin was glowing and soft with NO RED SPLOTCHES! It was like a miracle! Yes this can get messy, so what I do is scoop some product into the palm of one hand then use the other to apply it to my damp face. Haven't had a problem with it getting everywhere so far. I've been using a sample of this for the past month or so and went out today to get a larger pot because I love it so much. The SA told me that the $12 pot I bought could last me two months max but the small sample I got has lasted me through a month with daily use, so I guess it's really up to personal experience. Love this and definitely recommend if you have oily and dull skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by michii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first product I ever got from Lush and I really like it. I use it every day and sometimes twice a day. It doesn't dry out my skin and it isn't rough on my skin. It does its job and cleans my face, leaving it soft and helps with my oily skin. The only down sides are that it is kind of messy and it's hard to get off without using a washcloth. But overall, I love this face wash and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for several years now and it is my HG cleanser. It cleans and smooths my skin without drying and greatly reduces the amount of acne on my face when used regularly (morning and night). For me this worked better than herbalism, but for those who found this too harsh, herbalism or possibly angels on bare skin might be better for your skin types. For me those cleaned well, but didn't help with the acne. I've also tried coalface, which for me was too drying and not exfoliating enough for me. The only qualm I have with this product is that it is very messy to use. In order to overcome this I tend to use it in the shower. It does NOT remove makeup! You have to use a makeup remover or makeup removing cleanser before using this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by menda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm not a fan of Dark Angels. I felt it was too rough on my skin -- it doesn't irritate, but I dislike the feealing of applying it.
And the black colour doesn't come off, if my skin has been even the slightest bit oily before applying Dark Angels.
Also, it leaves some kind of a greasy layer on my skin, which I don't like. I wish it would leave the skin completely purified like Coalface does. I don't feel like it's a good fit for my overly oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by ejp268

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have normal skin that can get oily in the summer, so I use this mainly when the temperatures rise and the humidity picks up. It works great for my skin, exfoliates and removes oil, but leaves it soft with no residue feeling. I use it in the shower so it's not as messy as using it over a sink. It is too irritating for colder days, though, so I recommend for oily skin and/or summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by oneflower

This cleanser worked soo well the first time that when my dad saw me the next morning he said "WOW! Your face looks soo clear and evened-out, did you switch your cleanser or something?"

I have combo, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, but as long as you mix enough water to make it into a (slightly) watery paste (more paste-like, not too much water), you don't need to worry about the gritty stuff irritating your skin, and I found this actually calmed the redness on my skin (mainly cheeks). I use this as a scrub and as a cleanser. When I feel like my skin needs more exfoliating, I will use it every day, if not, generally every 2-3 days is my usual routine. It doesn't seem to do much for my skin when I break-out (I use Herbalism for that), but it does sooth and calm my skin and gives it a radiant look, after removing the residue with my Tea Tree Toner, if any.

It can be quite messy to use (in the shower and for the sink, and especially when it's stuck in between your finger nails!), but I found it's a matter of getting use to it.

The packing in Canada comes in a plastic tub. Honestly, I don't care how the packing looks as long as the stuff works. I'm paying for the quality of the product, not the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is nice, but too drying for my combo skin. I definitely prefer Angels on Bare Skin for myself. This is better for oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, love love love! If you don't have sensitive skin, problem and oily skin, this is perfect. The exfoliation is powerful. You will feel refreshed after using it. It has honestly cleared up most of my skin and it's a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dark Angels: POWERFUL exfoliation! This is like a once or twice a week deal for even the oiliest skins. Loved how gritty this one was...kind of like You Snap the Whip for your face. It actually kind of hurt my sensitive skin. Didn't earn 4 lippies because it is rather messy. Black stuff everywhere in the shower and sink :(