April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I'm not a huge mascara kind of girl, or at least I was not since my lashes are sparse and straight. Even when I curl them they tend not to stay no matter the method. But this mascara really holds the curl and makes my lashes fuller and darker. I tried the shiseido lifting curl one and I have a review on it, it pretty much is too drying and I don't find that it makes my lashes look any nicer than another mascara. This mascara does work best when it dries out, but I'm on my second one and it still does wonders when its new. I don't have a problem with it transferring or flaking. I use two coats, but it seems to be just fine with one. I use the wiggling at the base, flaring at the the ends method if that makes any sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the bad reviews!! Perhaps it's because I waited a few months before I decided to use this again, but the formulas drier now and it does wonders to my Asian lashes! It lengthened them pretty well, with a little bit of volume (think it should be advertised as more of a lengthening mascara) but either way my lashes look beautiful and I got several compliments on them! It didn't smudge AT ALL again, it's probably because I waited a few months, and it does start to flake after 5 hours, which isn't so bad since school ends around that time hehe ^^ One of the easiest waterproof mascaras I've found to remove! Overall a great product for a decent price so I will be buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by thecrazyfilipino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

It's definitely not the best. I was looking forward to using it because so many beauty gurus love it, but it smudged on me, and it weighed down my lashes because they are pretty short. However, it made my lashes look so dark and dramatic! But there are better mascaras out there than this one. I'll have to pass on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara smudged for me also. Saw a bunch of people rave about this on youtube. It went on nice. Thought I was happy with it until I checked the mirror later in the day. So many other good mascaras out there. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by LauraMcO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to see that Carbon Black is now available as waterproof. However, it smudged; which to me is definitely not waterproof. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This is a decent mascara at most. I wanted to get the Full Definition but they don't have it here. More volume than Maybelline One by One but that's the only good thing

*UPDATE*
it smudges after two hours or so. Minor smudges, I can take, but not the racoon eyes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first I was excited and had high hopes for this since it went on really black and (when wiped with a tissue) didn't clump as badly as others I've tried. But an hour later I had horrible smudged eyes. I've tested this for a week and a half and I'm tossing this.

This doesn't smudge on some people apparently. I don't know what went wrong when I tried out this mascara, but it was the worst mascara I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by spookafeller

Since I am such a fan of L'Oreal's Voluminous, I was excited to see Carbon Black. Unfortunately, it seems to be a completely different formula. It clumps, flakes, and is not even that good of a black. I will stick with regular Voluminous!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kaelipup

I agree with other posters that this stuff smudges horribly. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara (Waterproof) in black is my HG mascara. I was excited to try this for the extra impact, but it's awful! The brush is good - the same as regular Voluminous mascara, but the product is not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm... this mascara is not great... but it works. I don't like it though because it doesn't curve my eyelashes at all. However, I live in a very humid tropical island, and this didn't smudge; it is waterproof. The only way I could take it out was with an oil-based makeup remover.

Ah, and the texture of the tube... is disgusting. The name of the product is already washed off.