October 21, 2014 | 1612 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by prettyvalerina

I love this! Although I purchased this being optimistic but also hesitant at the same time...and only because of the low reviews I read on here. But I tried it and LOVE it! I love the very black color payoff, hence the name, carbon black. I also love that it doesn't leave any kindve flakiness or leave my lashes looking spidery. It lengthens and volumizes and gives great long wearing color. I also like that I dont have to scrub my eyes with my eye makeup remover to get this of at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ariana76

i have to say, im quite shocked by the low rating! in all honesty, i love this mascara so much. i have naturally short and straight lashes and this mascara lengthens and curls them just like falsies. throw in an eyelash curler and it does wonders! to be honest, its not completely waterproof. i WILL get racoon eyes if i go swimming or something, but i kinda like that because i dont have to bust out my baby oil and scrub my eyes to get it off. in conclusion, love this mascara and will forever rephurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MrsJustie

Ugh. This flakes so easy, give me raccon eyes, horrible. gets clumpy with just 2 coats. It is really dark black, the darkest I've ever used. Not worth dealing with this coming off my lashes though. I tried everything with this, even Shseidio's lash primer. This will not freakin' work for me. I'm throwing it out. :( Going back to CG Lash Blast for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the original formula but like most people, it would travel and get right under my eyes giving me raccoon eyes. I figured since I love the original formula it'd be only natural that I'd love even more the waterproof formula. I was actually rather disappointed in it. It's soooo mediocre in terms of the way it applies and the "carbon black" effect it gives. It's just not there. This reminds me more of the original voluminous rather than the carbon black. It just adds a little length and volume but definitely not like the original carbon black formula.
Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by fballcheerleader09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried! It really does thicken and lengthen. My lashes are naturally straight, so I have a huge problem with mascaras weighing down my lashes and uncurling them, but not with this mascara! With this formula, it keeps the curl right where it was before applying, which is very hard for me to find. The pigmentation is great, there's no flaking, and the packaging is nice and sleek. Unlike the other reviews, I haven't had a problem with smudging throughout the day, but if you do not take the time to apply it, and you get smudges all over the place, they are very hard to remove. The only problem that I have with this mascara is that it's sooo hard to remove. I understand that it is waterproof, but every eye makeup remover I've tried hasn't been able to remove every last bit of it from my lashes, which I'm very disappointed about. Maybe next time I should try the original carbon black, but so far that's the only con I have about this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

While a huge mascara fan, I'm the first to admit I don't really have much experience with waterproof mascaras. I love the non-waterproof version of this, so I decided to give its waterproof sister a try. My main gripe with waterproof mascara is I can never get the same results as a regular one, which is additional length and volume. I don't want just "definition." With this, I do get some more length and volume, though not as much as with my favorite mascaras. However, it flaked on me almost as soon as I got in the pool! Now I did rub at my eyes just a bit, as my contacts were bothering me from the chlorine. But when I say this flaked, it was a definite raccoon look! The moral off the story is, I think this is a good waterproof mascara for accidentally being caught in the rain, or some gentle wave splashes, but for full-on submersion this doesn't fit my bill. I'll continue to use it for beach days and the like, but if you're looking for something to really stand up to lots of intense water activities, I wouldn't say this is it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Malalalell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara has great pros, but the cons are outrageous!

The brush especially provides great separation, volume, length, etc. My boyfriend tells me my lashes look perfect.

But as said by other reviews, I get raccoon eyes after an hour. I was expecting so much from this mascara because of the great reviews on YouTube, but it didn't come through.

It doesn't provide it's number one purpose, waterproof! I go in the pool and it comes right off. No point in buying this at all. I feel totally ripped off due to the price here in Canada as well. Never buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by edivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the way this applies and looks. with just one application, you can see great volume and length built on your lashes. i just wish the waterproof formula was a bit better. the sad thing is that it smudges under my eyes in the middle of the day =/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

I so wanted to like this product so much more! I thought it would be better than the original. But, it's just "okay." I feel like the separation quality sucks, and the lengthening quality is short-lived. I was expecting this to make my lashes super dramatic, but it didn't at all. This is more of a natural/day look than anything else. It's also a pain to get off and smudges easily. I only really wear this when I need my makeup to stay on if I know I'll be sweating or won't have time to touch up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by vegansaurus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara left me disappointed. While it doesn't clump, it does smudge within an hour of application, leaving you with raccoon eyes. I regret not reading reviews prior to purchasing.