Aveeno Nourish+Moisturize

3.8

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Dimethicone, Sodium Cumene Sulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare Gluten (Wheat), Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide (Oat), Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, Glycerin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, May Contain ( /-): CItric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

I wish I could give this awful shampoo negative lippies.

I only bought it, the companion conditioner and the Leave-in treatment because of the reviews on this site.

I gave them all 4 tries. My hair felt like straw. These were by far the worst products I have ever tried. So bad, in fact, in made me wonder if Aveeno had plants on this site to write bogus favorable reviews.

I just washed and dried with Pantene's clarifying shampoo and their Nature Fusion Moisture Balance Conditioner - and my hair feels so wonderful that I cannot stop touching it. That's a least one cure to these horrible Aveeno products.

on 9/1/2009 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is great at thoroughly cleasing my hair. I have very dry and frizzy hair and use tons of anti-frizz products so these products can build and weigh down my hair. This shampoo does a better job at cleansing my hair than my current shampoo/condition, Fruitis Sleek/Shine. I don't like the consistency of this shampoo because it's a bit runny but it does not have a strong/unpleasant scent, which is a good thing. In controlling my frizzies, my current shampoo (Fructis Sleek/Shine) does a much better job but I will continue to use this shampoo once in awhile to thoroughly cleanse my hair.

The first day I used this product, I couldnt stand it. The shampoo was runny and and only half of what was in my hands made it to my hair. The conditioner didnt detangle my hair at all and wasn't as runny but wasnt satisfactory. I remember thinking...wow...I might as well have bought suave. My hair was dry and tangled and since my hair is very frizzprone...i looked like I had been through hell and even my salon-brand leave in conditioners and frizz fighters didnt help me out! I was so tempted to just throw it away. But...Im not wasteful and decided to give it just one more try. The next few days it got better...the conditioner began to work into my hair better and starting to detangle a little more over time. Overall...its not horrible but its not great either. Smell is clean and fresh and not overpowering but quickly fades when you get out of the shower. I'm not impressed with the product and won't be buying it again.

on 8/28/2009 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm a "fragrance" fiend when it comes to my shampoos and I've gotta say, this is one of the best smelling shampoos I've ever purchased. My head of hair is long, very thick and unruly, and tends to get dry on the ends. I've tried every shampoo out there that claims that it can "smooth" and "moisturize" and this one did a great job at an affordable price point. No, it's not Keratesse but if you need to throw a quick bottle into your gym bag, this does the trick. I feel like I don't need to condition after shampooing either since there is enough moisturizer in the actual shampoo to smooth and detangle my hair. Definitely will buy again.

on 8/21/2009 8:56:00 PM

I first tried the Revitalize version because there was no more of the Moisturizing one on the shelf. I have now tried both and absolutely LOVE this moisture one too; it is better suited to my hair type. Smells great and strengthens and shines with wheat and other proteins and I am walking around with enviably shiny and healthy looking hair. Awesome stuff.

on 8/18/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I, too, got the free sample of this shampoo and matching conditioner from aveeno.com. I do like it, they both seem to be very conditioning. I'll have to give this a longer try and I will consider buying the full size of this - nothing bad to say about it. I haven't given this a real try without adding any additional hair products out of the shower. It is very nice to be able to try out a new product before blowing your cash on something that you don't like.
I'd like to try the other 2 versions of this, to see if I like either one better.

on 8/12/2009 10:28:00 AM

I received a sample of this shampoo and matching conditioner. I wanted to give it a try. It smells nice. After shampooing, my hair felt a little stripped, but after conditioning with the matching product, it felt better. It left my hair looking quite nice. My hair felt smooth and well conditioned. It didn't leave me flat. Unfortunately, something in this left my scalp itching like crazy. I couldn't stop scratching! So, I think this is probably a good product, but I won't be purchasing it because of the reaction I had to it.

on 8/10/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am truly satisfied with this product so far! Along with the conditioner it leaves my thick coarse hair- smooth, soft, and managable. I also think it is reasonably priced.

on 8/8/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have fine hair but a lot of it, and this was too moisturizing for me. Made my roots flat and almost dirty looking and my ends were still dry. This would be better for someone with thick, coarse hair, not fine! I may try the volumizing one next.

on 7/29/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow I am shocked at the 89% would repurchase rating. I hated this shampoo. It didn't clean my hair at all. It left it so greasy. My hair is not color treated, I have bangs, I only put product in the length. I use it on my sons who have buzzcuts. I do use the matching conditioner, it's fine. But this shampoo was disgusting. My neighbor bought it as she likes their skincare, she hated it too. The packaging was fine, the price was decent, but I would never repurchase.