October 26, 2014 | 964 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Lash DNA

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I got Lash DNA in the holiday mascara sampler @ Sephora and this was by far my favorite in the set. It's expensive on its own, but if you want volume CHOOSE THIS!

Note the cool little helix brush. I thought that was gimmicky, but they're obviously doing something right here. It delivers a good, black pigment but also is fairly clumpy, so have an eyelash comb on hand.

Pro's: Awesome brush, really makes your lashes pop and plump, good black color
Con's: Clumpy, expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Milasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the mascara that I looked forward to least in the deluxe sample set from Sephora. The double helix shape turned me off and I couldn't imagine it giving me lashes without clumping.

As I applied it on, the mascara was getting everywhere on my eyelid because the brush is so big. However this mascara coated all of my lashes nicely without any clumping and my lashes were nice and soft. They were significantly longer and thicker. It also held the curl.

I really do like this mascara but it isn't long lasting and it comes off too easily. It smudges around my eye during the day and disaster happens if I tear up.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lateedah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible mascara in both the formula and the brush style. Brush is too large for proper application and the formula is too thick, clumpy and smudges terribly.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

EUGH! This is the worst mascara EVER! Who came up with the idea for the brush?! The brush is thick and more rectangular than round. It's a sort of twisted around shape that does not get thinner at the end so it's impossible to get the tiny lashes in the inner corner without making a real mess or poking yourself in the eye! The actual formula gets sticky and clumpy on the brush so the bristles stick together and you get a very uneven, goopy coverage on your lashes.
It's not the cheapest either at about 17, save your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Ok, so I recently recieved a sample of this. My preference is wearing false lashes, I just love the way they look and all that good stuff. However, I like putting on a thin layer of mascara underneath my falsies so they bond better. I use L'oreal voluminous and I love it, but it smudges under my eyes after a few hours, however when I mix it with Lash DNA (I also use the combination on my lower lashes) I do not get any smudges under my eyes!!! that makes me so happy because smudges are so annoying, they are hard to blend away and sometimes you can forget to check if your mascara has smudged and you walk around all day with them under your eyes. That being said, this mascara does give thick lashes, but no volume or length- so I would not purchase a full size, However since my mascara days are semi-over, the sample should last awhile :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by jlattridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed in this mascara. I keep going back to it to see if I can get the hang of it but it's just not happening for me. First of all like many others, I get this ALL over my lids. It's almost like it weighs down my lashes. I get neither fullness or length just an eyelid caked with mascara. I'm sure the formula is great but that's no good to me when the brush is a big fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by AlisonPJ

Like many previous reviewers, I tried this because I got a sample of it. Pros: Very black and feels soft on my lashes. Cons: Starts smudging mid-day, hard to apply without getting it on your skin, and even harder to wash off completely. I would definitely not purchase this. Most drugstore mascaras I've tried are better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this mascara!! I actually really liked the formula, however, I found the brush quite hard to use. It's shaped like a double-helix, not like a regular mascara applicator. I found that I got a lot of mascara on my eyelids during application... that may be because I have long eyelashes, but I don't usually have those problems and the awkward brush was really hard to use. I also found the brush made it challenging to apply mascara on my lower lashes. As I mentioned earlier, I felt that the formula was really great... it doesn't flake off and it gave my lashes a nice thickness but it's such a hassle to have to clean mascara off my eyelids and deal with the annoying brush so I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

Yuck!! This mascara is awful. Hate the brush, could not get any product on my lashes to save my life, but did get it everywhere else. A bitter disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So one day I decided to exchange 100 BI point for this deluxe sample. Yes the brush is weird. And weirdly enough, I really like it. I find it's a nice balance between a curved and a straight brush. Too big for bottom lashes though.

Anyway, on to the formula. LOVE! Really! It gives me great length for the first coat, and great volume with the second coat. Also, what I absolutely adore is that my lashes stay soft and flexible.

Honestly, I don't understand the current 2.9 rating. This is a keeper for me, and I rarely re-buy the same mascara.

Oh, I tried their ''3 step'' to apply the mascara... Don't waste your time with that. I just apply it while wiggling the wand.

Lasting power is great: doesn't smudge or flake. No spider lashes either (well, unless you put like 5 coats, but that's what common sense is for).

So you're probably wondering why I gave this a 4. Well i might not be HG... I wish this would lengthen more, but then again, I do have short lashes to begin with.