August 20, 2014 | 1980 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great way to perk up my natural lip color and moiturize at the same time. I like it as a step up from plain lip balm and think I would re purchase even thought it is way over priced, but it is Dior :-)

UPDATE: 10/12/12 I just had the best experience I could have with a lip product. I recieved an EL GWP that included a really pretty Pure Color lipstick in the color Sugar Honey and as a part of my casual Friday look for work, I decided to wear it. Well, after drinking coffee and eating my oatmeal, I needed to reapply...OM Goodness...my lips were so dry after the second application I am talking I wanted to grab a lip scrub and exfoliate. Well I am at work and do not have my lovely Tarte lip scrub(love it) but thinking quickly, I remember I do have my Dior Lip Glow and remember how moirturizing with just a hint of natural revival to your own lip it can give. Weill I went into the ladies room, poured this onto my lips and ladies it was incredible...the dry raised skin had re grouped completely and I could not feel or see it at all. My lips looked and felt smooth and the lines you get showing up when your lips are really dry had completely disappeared. Never will I be with out this in my purse. I am going over to Norstrom on my lunch break and pick up one of the Addict lipsticks, maybe I can find a similar color to the EL one. Wow, Love EL skin care and their new Pure Color Blushes are fantasic but this lipstick is a real looser...at least for my lips. Had to bump the overall rating up from 4 to 5 lippies based on this experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am sure that every single person that has tried this has been tempted to add it to their beauty arsenal! Yes the price is stupid, yes its a lip balm and yes it could be labeled as a gimmick BUT I cant help but feel happy whenever i pull out this girly pink tube to "touch up" :)
On my pigmented lips this starts out as a clear balm with just a hint of healthy shine BUT after about 2-3 minutes it transforms into a perfectly rosy tint that lingers for a few hours. Keep in mind - Dior is marketing this as a lip glow balm - its not suppose to be a lipstick or even lip gloss so complaints about lack of colour are unfounded. You are not going to see a strong tint and its not going to last for hours. What it will do is condition your lips, the rose shade will brighten up your face and the prettiness cant hurt :)
I will buy it again...and again...until they discontinue it! And knowing Dior thats bound to happen :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by neillxoxoxo

This is a lovely product for those who want a lip that doesn't look made-up, but wants the best lip possible. A touch of liner, as needed, in select places, and then a generous glaze of this lip glow, and you have the perfect pucker. It doesn't wear as long as I would have liked- I am a stage actor, and so it is a little disappointing that I would have to reply during intermission, after only an hour, so thats a downer, but my lips were gorgeous when it was on!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This turns my lips a nice healthy shade of pink. In terms of moisturizing power, the moisture from ordinary lip balms lasts a little longer. I really like the product overall, but at 30 bucks a pop, it's hard to envision myself going through tube after tube of this. I'll be on the lookout for a dupe.....EDIT: I've found a dupe for less than half the price (in the US, $12). Sephora Color Reveal Lip Balm. I haven't tried it yet, but it has a high rating by MUAers. You won't get the beautiful Dior packaging of course, but the formula may be very similar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

This is a pretty decent lip balm. It turns pretty bright on my lips though, and doesn't last so long. I have to reapply every 2-3 hours or so. The packaging is gorgeous and the lip balm has a pleasant smell and taste to it...sort of minty. In general, i like it. But for nearly 30 bucks? I'm not sure it's worth it. You don't get much product for what you pay for.

Update 2: When I ran out of this product, I realized how much I missed it. It gives my lips a great glow and is very moisturizing! Now it's one of my staples, and I always have to have it in my bag.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really do not get the love for this product. Terrible packaging, feels like it might fall open any time. I would never carry it in my bag, and even take care how it's placed in my cabinet.
Color is...meh...ok...but I have other DS lippies I like much better for about 1/3 the price.
Dries out on my lips much faster than those lower end products as well.
My guess is that a lot of ppl are paying for the name & are happy with that.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Shellybows

Greatest lip balm I've ever used! Not too sticky nor too strong-flavored.

Only down point is that it might be a little bit on the pricier side :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pretty dry lips and this helps to soothe and moisturize my lips in a longlasting yet lightweight formula. It helps that it is tinted slightly (some auto-tuning color to your body temperature gimmick LOL) but the best is that the SPF10 in the balm.

I tested this on my trips when I tend to have flaky lips this really helps to minimize chaps and flakes and give me a bright radiant look due to the pinkish hue imparted. Thumbs up as an effective and multipurpose tool. So instead of bringing a lip balm and gloss, I can 2-in-1 this item instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Mascarra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first heard about this from a beauty blog I was reading. I went to Sephora and decided to check it out. First thing I noticed was the price. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? ABSOLUTELY. I got to try it prior to purchasing it and really liked the way it accentuated my natural lip color. So I gave in and bought it. Now, I can't imagine not ever having it. This balm moisturizes my lips and gives them a really smooth texture. Application is really easy. Its great to use before lipstick application, it is also great being used alone on lips. It gives my lips a natural and healthy pink hue. It has SPF 10, which is always a plus for me with any lip balm. And lastly, the packaging is gorgeous. The only thing that might be a negative would be the price cause it might not last you that long depending on how much you apply lip balm on (I apply lip balm a lot), but then again I still think its worth the price. I can happily say I would definitely repurchase this. Its now one of my HGs for my lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by nreed222

Beautiful bare lips! This definately turns pink. If I go easy on the application, in one hour my lips look bare, but just a little more pink, and more even toned. I have been using this product for two days, and my lips look full and healthy. I think it looks good with or without your face being made-up. I might get rid of the rest of my balms/ glosses!