April 18, 2014 | 932 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really nervous when I saw the brush, but put it on and was suprised! It took a few coats, but my lashes looked really dark and amazingly long. I got the blackest black, so it helped the overall effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by CocoCabana

This mascara was awful for me. I must say it DOES do its job.. thickening.. but only because it clumps together all my lashes to make them thicker!! I'm glad I got it on sale because i'm tossing this out for sure. I wouldn't reccomend this mascara unless you want flaky, smudgey, clumpy lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Anna1985

I like this mascara because it is not tested on animals and looks/feels very natural -- good for everyday use. I have short eyelashes and this makes them look voluminous in a natural way, there is no flakes or clumping if used lightly. My only gripe is that by the end of the day my eyelashes have lost their curl even though I always curl them. Good mascara for everyday use but I prefer others for an eye opening look which I like for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

i remembered my friend letty using this and saying it was pretty good, so i gave it a shot. i love the brush, its like bobbi brown's lash glamour brush/mac's pro lash and kinda like maybelline great lash but with much more volumizing formula than all of them. i had problems with clumping, mostly because my lashes are curly and pretty unruly to begin with, and I had to run them though with a spoolie. this does the same thing voluminous does for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by peach2u

Somehow I always come back to this mascara. This is very simple one, but it does do its job. It thickens my long but thin eyelashes nicely. I like it. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lizw723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this when it had a 2 for 1 and I did not want to spend more than $8 on mascara. It also looked like it had a good brush from the packaging picture.

The brush contributes a lot to mascara, and I love this mascara wand! The mascara isn't really that thickening, and it definitely isn't one coat only, but the way the brush applies the mascara to the lashes is fabulous. No clumps or any missed lashes.

I do re-apply at least once during the day, but it stays put for a decent amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I went through a phase where I was trying different kinds of mascara, then I used this one and have stuck with it. Nothing fancy, just a good every day mascara the does not clump, seperates well and gives me long, full lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by sjcita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a shot, and I'm not even a regular mascara user! I like it a lot because it leaves my lashes still soft, but yet longer and darker. I only apply 2 coats so I'm not sure how it would look if I keep building it up. Removing this mascara is probably more time-consuming than for other types. I use a cotton pad and jojoba oil to loosen the coats and then do it again. Afterwards I gently blot the oil with a layer of toilet paper or kleenex. I would buy this mascara again since it doesn't flake or smudge after drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by thecheat08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It holds a curl very well, it thickens, it lengthens, it doesn't clump, it's great! But the reason I gave this a 4 is because on me, it lengthened more than it thickened, which is fine. I love having long flirty lashes but I was hoping for more volume. But that's just me! I got a good deal on the mascara, I got a bonus mascara and it was less than $6. My favorite thing is the brush! It's big in the width, but small in the length, which is great for me because I love big brushes but have problems with them because of my asian eyes. One thing I have about this stuff is that it's hard to take off, so if you buy it, I suggest investing in some makeup remover (personally, I don't like to buy remover).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

great mascara...really curls my lashes and thickens them especially on the corners of my eyes to give that marilyn look...try it! good price