July 30, 2014 | 1029 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by junglistik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about two years.
This mascara is hypoallergenic, and good for contact wearers.
I started using it because my eyes can be sensitive at times, especially due to seasonal allergies.

It does make my lashes look nice and thick. It also adds quite a bit of length. I do still curl my lashes prior to applying.
It does not irritate my eyes like Lashblast does at times.

This product is listed as tearproof and humidity proof, and I would have to agree with that. It is not too wet which is also why ppl like this mascara. I agree with the other reviewer about the tube. It is a fat white tube and it does help me find it faster when I am reaching for it.

I think that mascara is a tough thing to buy just based on reviews.
Everyone's reaction is different, so you will most likely have to try it to see if it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. Yet another mediocre mascara. It adds decent length to lashes but does next to nothing in terms of thickness. Nothing more attractive than long yet rather thin and spindly looking lashes. Yuck. The brush is also very small and it's hard to reach all of the lashes with it. This may be okay if you have naturally long and thick lashes and are just looking for something to enhance them. Ortherwise I'd suggest you go spend your six bucks on a drugstore mascara that actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Marveyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara... :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by drugstorediva3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't get the "one coat" thing. I needed two coats and even then, it was nothing to write home about.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

The formula is very DRY. It looks flakey and it can flake off toward the end of the day. No smudging for the most part of the day. Thickening power was quite good. Not much lengthing. No clumping. It's similar to L'Oreal voluminous but looks drier.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by chickadeeluvr

This mascara proved to have the most disappointing result of any mascara I've ever tried. I'm 48, so that's saying a lot. My lashes looked...weird. Skimpy and angled every which way after application. I threw it out after a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really nervous when I saw the brush, but put it on and was suprised! It took a few coats, but my lashes looked really dark and amazingly long. I got the blackest black, so it helped the overall effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by CocoCabana

This mascara was awful for me. I must say it DOES do its job.. thickening.. but only because it clumps together all my lashes to make them thicker!! I'm glad I got it on sale because i'm tossing this out for sure. I wouldn't reccomend this mascara unless you want flaky, smudgey, clumpy lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Anna1985

I like this mascara because it is not tested on animals and looks/feels very natural -- good for everyday use. I have short eyelashes and this makes them look voluminous in a natural way, there is no flakes or clumping if used lightly. My only gripe is that by the end of the day my eyelashes have lost their curl even though I always curl them. Good mascara for everyday use but I prefer others for an eye opening look which I like for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

i remembered my friend letty using this and saying it was pretty good, so i gave it a shot. i love the brush, its like bobbi brown's lash glamour brush/mac's pro lash and kinda like maybelline great lash but with much more volumizing formula than all of them. i had problems with clumping, mostly because my lashes are curly and pretty unruly to begin with, and I had to run them though with a spoolie. this does the same thing voluminous does for me.