October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Get Baked Palette [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

*Click Continue for pictures and swatches*

Urban Decay just recently released their new "Get Baked" palette. It is only available online at Sephora and UD website for $28 (At the very beginning of its release, it was actually $22 = evil Sephora!)and it will be available at your local Sephora early summer time.
    This palette is different than all the other UD palettes because it is a lot more wearable. It has no electric bright shadows except for Flipside which is a nice greenish blueish color.

Here's the breakdown of the colors:

Twice Baked: matte Dark Chocolate with multicolor sparkles. Some very similar dupes are the LORAC in Royal Brown (Snake Charmer Face Palette) the liner shade in Stila Blanc palette
    Half Baked: a very wearable metallic light gold shade. I thought I might find dupes for it in the Wet'n'Wild Sand Castle/ Paradise Cove but no dupes there. Similar to the light champagne gold color in SB's On Stage trio.
    Flipside: A very shimmery blue green color. Similar to Maybelline e/s in Turquoise Jewel except this is sparkly/ shimmery TJ is more metallic. Not very impressed with this shade. Least pigmented shade in the palette.
    Baked: a metallic champagne bronze shade. The second color in the middle row of the Wet'n'Wild Sand Castle palette is similar but more yellow gold
    Burbon: 24/7 liner. Basically Twiced Baked in a liner form. Okay, Um, UD I can just use TB as a liner... why not another 24/7 liner.
    Sin: Primer potion. Similar to MAC p/p in Bare Study but it is more fleshy pink.

All e/s is .04 oz the liner is .03 oz and the mini p/p is .09fl oz.

Overall:

It is a nice set BUT I am not terribly impressed. =( maybe that is because I have a LOT of e/s and mainly they are neutrals. So, the chances of having dupes or similar shades are greatly increased. I also have many shadows with the pigmentation level of UD (Wet'n'Wild 8 e/s palettes, yes a really cheap good investment if you don't mind the ugly packaging) In addition, the packaging is not that aesthetically pleasing to me(subjective).

However, the quality is there and that's all I am reviewing with personal views aside. I like how each the individual shadow is labeled clearly on the bottom unlike some other palettes (ahem.. LORAC, BB) I also like the fact that there's a slot for you to put a travel e/s brush.
    This is my first UD palette and I am getting the Deluxe in a swap. For now, I am satisfied with it... so rating: 4.5
    If you like shimmer and don't have many neutrals this is probably the best palette there for you with decent packaging IMHO.

continued >>