August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stefk97

I love this mascara! It's fairly good, long lasting, it separates lashes pretty well, and it's quite affordable. I don't like to apply more than one coat since my lashes are pretty big, and I don't want them to loose their strength (that's why you should avoid using mascara whenever possible). The only thing I don't like about it is that, like any other waterproof mascara, it can't be easily removed. But other than that, it's a really great product, and I'm planning on repurchasing it!
x

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by eccentricnature78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this mascara for over 6 months now. Its a fairly good product. My own pet peeve with it is the smudging. Now it may just be me, but waterproof this mascara is NOT. I'm a swimmer and often we forget to remove our makeup before we enter the pool. This mascara doesn't run, but it does smudge like CRAZY. I feel like I look like a water downed raccoon when I come out. Ultimately unless your going to go swimming with this product on you should be fine. It separates the lashes nicely and gives me great length (I have shorter lashes) and volume. This isn't the hg, but I'm going to keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

4.5, rounding up. I purchased this for a tropical vacation as I do not like waterproof for day to day. I was pleasantly surprised! Lashes looked great, no flaking, held up through crying (wedding), humidity, swimming. Took a fair bit of effort to get off (olive oil works great!). This will definitely be my go-to waterproof mascara and I am actually interested in trying the non-waterproof hoping for similar results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by oliviacatherineheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, let me say this first: I did not buy this product intentionally. I needed a mascara that was volumizing, but I did not know I was buying Waterproof. Turns out, it's EXACTLY what I needed. The packaging is nice, and the brush and formula are great. Great Volume! I didn't expect any length, but I was pleasantly surprised. I took off one lippie because the staying power in the water is mediocre, but it doesn't run so much as little clumps of it come off. Great though, and I will repurchase. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MMarieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I've tried so many in the past, and I refuse to spend big bucks on something that I can find compareable in the drug stores. In my opinion, Maybelline is the best drug store brand, they know how to pump out a good quality macara. Right now, I have three Maybelline mascaras I'm working with. I have this in Classic Black and I love my results. I get good, lasting volume and even some length. My eyelashes are medium length, but they like to stick straight out and lay flat. After curling and applying a few light coats of this; I'm left with well-defined, volumized lashes that get themselves noticed. I don't have a problem with this clumping for me, no matter what mascara I use I always use my eyelash comb just to get some good separation. (I think the comb adds some length too.) I've cried with this on and I don't get the dreaded raccoon eyes or any flakes. The brush is a little awkward to work with, I always end up with the smears on my eyelids, but I can live with that. I definitely think this has become a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by yisha

Great product! Hold curls, volumizes, doesn't clump or smudge.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by raspo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I needed a new waterproof mascara, and for some reason this Boots didn't stock the One to One waterproof I normally buy, and I figured the formula would be similar (the one to one is very waterproof, and that's what I was looking for). However, the waterproof qualities of this mascara are appalling. Within a couple of hours I had the dreaded raccoon eyes, and I wasn't crying, it wasn't raining, etc. Just normal wear, and it didn't even look particularly good (no curl hold, no volume). I don't write loads of reviews, but I had to warn people off this allegedly waterproof formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by fashion13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really good. it is VERY waterproof, the container is cute too. the only thing is that it is a little clumpy so just wipe it off on a tissue before using!! overall i love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by puffybubblezz

***I have short, sparse, hard to curl Asian lashes.***

At first this was love. My lashes were beautifully curled, black and long... but this smudged even with UDPP. I prefer this to Maybelline Falsies waterproof because it's a drier formula which means less random globs of mascara on my lashes.

Waterproof mascara is all I wear so I considered this to be an easy removal. I use baby oil and massage it in. Takes less than 2 minutes to get it all off. I use a q-tip to get the bits at the lash roots.

Cheap price, easy removal. Brush was annoyingly big but I could have dealt with it! The formula was nice and dry. I got good separation and length. I don't care about volume.

...But it smudged! So I guess this is good-bye.

PS To be fair, only loreal beauty tubes has stayed on me. I get smudges from all other mascaras

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by schwabj

I like this mascara, since it is waterproof, makes my lashes dark, separates, doesn't clump, and gives good length & volume. It can be difficult to remove, but I just use Neutrogena or Clinique eye-makeup remover with no problems. I will not repurchase, however, because I find that my upper lashes smudge on my brow bone. I have fairly long lashes, but I don't have this problem with most other waterproof mascaras or even decent non-waterproof ones! I like this mascara, but the smudging problem prevents me from loving it. I'll finish this tube up, but I won't repurchase.