October 20, 2014 | 1538 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

Very disappointing - it clumped & flaked, but at least it was cheap and waterproof. I don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by A314159P

It's easier to do several mascara reviews at once since I purchased them at the same time and tested them at the same time :)

- I have typical thin, black, short and pointing down asian eyelashes.. I've been looking for a mascara that will lengthen AND hold my curled lashes..

Maybeline Volume Express The Colossal Waterproof:
Best out of the 3 I have here, holds curled lashes slightly, lengthens up to 50% longer. Doesn't thicken my lashes a lot though.

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama:
Lengthens my lashes a lot, tiny tiny bit longer than the Colossal Waterproof above, does not hold my curls at all. Thickens my lashes a bit more than the Colossal.

Boots 17 Wild Curls Waterproof Mascara:
Had high expections for this mascara, doesn't hold curled lashes at all, can see them drooping back down into original position immediately after applying. Lengthens a lot, up to 50%. Thickens lashes more than The Falsies Black Drama. Overall, just like your typical mascara - in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

Good volume, lengthening and great separation, hold curls all day.

Dramatic, yet not as thick and bold as the falsies version.

I use this for day, and the falsies version for a night look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product for a vacation, soI used it every day for an entire month (I usually go back and fourth between a few mascaras). For the price, I think this is a great mascara. It does a good job of volumizing and separating, and will not clump as badly as most waterproof mascaras do. There was the ocasional day where I had to run a lash comb through my lashes to get rid of a bit of clumping, but I am probably just paranoid about that particular issue. I would definitely recommend this product if you want a lot of volume and even good lengthening

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stefk97

I love this mascara! It's fairly good, long lasting, it separates lashes pretty well, and it's quite affordable. I don't like to apply more than one coat since my lashes are pretty big, and I don't want them to loose their strength (that's why you should avoid using mascara whenever possible). The only thing I don't like about it is that, like any other waterproof mascara, it can't be easily removed. But other than that, it's a really great product, and I'm planning on repurchasing it!
x

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by eccentricnature78

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this mascara for over 6 months now. Its a fairly good product. My own pet peeve with it is the smudging. Now it may just be me, but waterproof this mascara is NOT. I'm a swimmer and often we forget to remove our makeup before we enter the pool. This mascara doesn't run, but it does smudge like CRAZY. I feel like I look like a water downed raccoon when I come out. Ultimately unless your going to go swimming with this product on you should be fine. It separates the lashes nicely and gives me great length (I have shorter lashes) and volume. This isn't the hg, but I'm going to keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

4.5, rounding up. I purchased this for a tropical vacation as I do not like waterproof for day to day. I was pleasantly surprised! Lashes looked great, no flaking, held up through crying (wedding), humidity, swimming. Took a fair bit of effort to get off (olive oil works great!). This will definitely be my go-to waterproof mascara and I am actually interested in trying the non-waterproof hoping for similar results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by oliviacatherineheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, let me say this first: I did not buy this product intentionally. I needed a mascara that was volumizing, but I did not know I was buying Waterproof. Turns out, it's EXACTLY what I needed. The packaging is nice, and the brush and formula are great. Great Volume! I didn't expect any length, but I was pleasantly surprised. I took off one lippie because the staying power in the water is mediocre, but it doesn't run so much as little clumps of it come off. Great though, and I will repurchase. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MMarieD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I've tried so many in the past, and I refuse to spend big bucks on something that I can find compareable in the drug stores. In my opinion, Maybelline is the best drug store brand, they know how to pump out a good quality macara. Right now, I have three Maybelline mascaras I'm working with. I have this in Classic Black and I love my results. I get good, lasting volume and even some length. My eyelashes are medium length, but they like to stick straight out and lay flat. After curling and applying a few light coats of this; I'm left with well-defined, volumized lashes that get themselves noticed. I don't have a problem with this clumping for me, no matter what mascara I use I always use my eyelash comb just to get some good separation. (I think the comb adds some length too.) I've cried with this on and I don't get the dreaded raccoon eyes or any flakes. The brush is a little awkward to work with, I always end up with the smears on my eyelids, but I can live with that. I definitely think this has become a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by yisha

Great product! Hold curls, volumizes, doesn't clump or smudge.