Laura Mercier translucent loose powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 4/19/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Have owned the undercover pot for months and months, and never really tried the powder underneath...Boy was I missing out! This is the most lightweight powder ever! It really is translucent and doesn't dry my skin out. Really sets my tinted moisturizer! Even the small amount I have will last forever!

on 4/16/2010 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have had this loose powder for about 4 months now and I think I have used it enough to write a proper review of it. When they market this powder as translucent they weren't kidding. When buffed lightly into the skin it doesn't add any color to your skin. I can assume that it will suit the lightest of light and the darkest of dark. Secondly, the texture of this powder is seriously out of this world. Its ultra lightweight and very finely milled. In terms of oil control I think it works pretty well to keep me shine free but then again I don't have oily skin. My skin is combination/dry. Having said that, this did not dry out my sensitive skin at all but kept it shine free for a good many hours. It also works well with all my foundations. I also like how practical and pretty the packaging is! This powder is 25gm and I can imagine that it will last me a long time and I'm still undecided at this point as to whether or not I will repurchase because there are other powders out there which I would like to try. For those who are looking for a good colorless powder this is the one to go for.

on 4/15/2010 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this powder. Definitely translucent, and feels sheer. I can wear this all day and not feel like I have anything sitting on top of my skin.

on 4/10/2010 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was an expensive purchase for me, and I have to say I am quite disappointed with this product. The oil control was very poor for me, it lasted maybe 3 hours before I had to blot and add more. Honestly, if this was half the price I would say it was a good buy, but for nearly $40 this just did not cut it for me. :(

34.00 dollars at sephora. Im black and was scared this product would make me look ashy. but no. Its actually translucent. I use it to set my TM and it works nicely. It sets it in a way that makes it look like non oily skin instead of an obvious powder. I also ave dry skin but this didnt make my skin feel tight. I would repurchase.

on 4/4/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder. I can't believe the puff that goes with this is $12 though. Geez. Atleast you can wash it in the washer. This powder sets foundation perfectly. I plan to use it with any foundation. Laura Mercier makeup is awesome!

on 3/30/2010 12:44:00 PM

You know, this is a great classic product. It won't blow you away or change your life, but if you need a transclucent powder to set a foundation -- especially a thick foundation that you don't want your powder to make look more cakey -- its a very nice choice. I apply it with my Trish McEvoy powder brush and it gives me a nice finish every time.

on 3/25/2010 8:50:00 PM

As far as controlling shine goes, it's by far the best powder I've ever used. I barely have to touch up my nose during the day since I started using this. It also makes my skin FEEL smoother too! I still need to use a tinted powder on the red areas of my face and for the dark circles under my eyes, so I use this more as a "base powder."

I'm not crazy about the packaging though, I know it's a loose powder but it's pretty easy to spill.

Unless I find something better that is less expensive, I'll probably come back to it.

on 3/19/2010 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

truly translucent powders are hard to find so i really appreciate this powder. just be sure to use a light hand. i personally ignore the puff entirely, i think a brush is 100% necessary for smooth, even dusting of powder without overdoing it. it's a little on the expensive side for sure but it'll last you a long time. i only wear powder occasionally but this is a good one.

on 3/14/2010 1:32:00 PM

Things I like about this product :
1. I have combination skin and this mattifies all the oily areas.
2. This sets my makeup and keeps it from slipping off throughout the day.
3. It really is translucent! Some cheaper products, although meant to be translucent, has a slightly whitish/greyish tint to it which makes my skin look paler and dull.
4. Although with these type of powders, they do have a tendency to go everywhere, I find that this isn't so bad. Before I open I lid, I tap it a few times and this tends to stop the product from flying everywhere.

The only not-so-good thing about this product is that it can get a bit drying sometimes but I just spritz a face mist on afterwards, which solves the problem!