April 17, 2014 | 1513 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Silrayan

As far as controlling shine goes, it's by far the best powder I've ever used. I barely have to touch up my nose during the day since I started using this. It also makes my skin FEEL smoother too! I still need to use a tinted powder on the red areas of my face and for the dark circles under my eyes, so I use this more as a "base powder."

I'm not crazy about the packaging though, I know it's a loose powder but it's pretty easy to spill.

Unless I find something better that is less expensive, I'll probably come back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by bubblewarped

truly translucent powders are hard to find so i really appreciate this powder. just be sure to use a light hand. i personally ignore the puff entirely, i think a brush is 100% necessary for smooth, even dusting of powder without overdoing it. it's a little on the expensive side for sure but it'll last you a long time. i only wear powder occasionally but this is a good one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by TimidSoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Things I like about this product :
1. I have combination skin and this mattifies all the oily areas.
2. This sets my makeup and keeps it from slipping off throughout the day.
3. It really is translucent! Some cheaper products, although meant to be translucent, has a slightly whitish/greyish tint to it which makes my skin look paler and dull.
4. Although with these type of powders, they do have a tendency to go everywhere, I find that this isn't so bad. Before I open I lid, I tap it a few times and this tends to stop the product from flying everywhere.

The only not-so-good thing about this product is that it can get a bit drying sometimes but I just spritz a face mist on afterwards, which solves the problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG for setting concealer! I first got this in the undercover pot, and used it over every possible conealer, Mac, laura mercier, rimmel, everything! And it works amazingly!
I place it under the ey with my LM concealer powder brush (any brush would work fine) and it feel smooth, and my concealer last all day, and the best part it prevents those dreaded racoon eyes! After about 8 hours of wear there will be slight smudging in the outter corner but no big deal at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!

I usually use my MSFN to set my face makeup, and didn't have it to use on the face as the undercover pot contained so little. However I just received the larger tub in a swap and am so excited to try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by chillyjihye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love love this! i use this over my laura mercier mineral foundation or when i wear liquid foundation. this keeps my face so fresh and matte. very easy to fix my makeup if i have some shine. it does give me *some* shine during the summer but it happens in a way i glow! i have already bought 3 of this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by starpantgirl

My first attempt at loose powder over my liquid foundation... the moment I opened the lid it fell all over the place. And I still tend to get it all over the place after a few months of use, so I usually open it over the sink. As for the actual product itself, I think it gives me a matte finish that isn't ghostly white but I still do have to blot by lunch time. But honestly with my oily skin I'm not sure if I'll ever something that won't be look greasy after a few hours. Just as long as I don't look like a complete grease monkey then I should be okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by clea911991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG loose powder. I have only strayed once (to NARS loose powder in eden) but never again. I have very problematic skin (sensitive, oily, acne-prone) and this is the only make-up my crazy skin can tolerate. My face usually starts protesting in breakouts, clogged pores, and redness after a single use but it seems to make an exception for this product. In fact, I am on my second jar now and will continue to purchase indefinitely for the rest of my life (or until the product is discontinued, God forbid). The powder is highly refined; it goes on extremely smooth and is truly translucent. It does a superb job of absorbing any greasiness, even from sunscreen, and can be reapplied throughout the day without that heavy, chalky build-up effect. I have saved the container from my first purchase because it has a stopper thing which ensures that no powder spills out when you place it in your bag (for touch-ups during the day or when you travel). It seems that they no longer make containers with those stoppers, however, though I may be wrong. To recap: HG loose powder - expensive but well worth it (actually quite cheap considering one jar lasts me about six months to a year with daily use, and considering it is one of the few products that does not irritate my ultra-sensitive skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went through a "Laura Mercier phase" few years ago. Whilst I am not using any of the flawless face collection products anymore, I make an exception for this powder. I have dry skin and this product does not make my make up look cakey or leave my skin uncomfortable. It is easy to apply and goes on like a dream. I tried other loose powders (Clinique and Shu Uemura) and this is my absolute winner. It is pricey but it lasts a long time (years, literally!).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by talltree3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely despise this product! I have very oily skin, and had read a lot of good reviews about this product. I love Laura Mercier, but she destroyed my trust with this one.. I used it for about two weeks before taking it back to Nordstrom's (thank God for their awesome return policy!) and it did absolutely nothing for me except make my face look like a grease pit. I applied in the morning over foundation or just over concealer, but either way by about 10 my face looked gross and greasy all over. Mind you, my face is oily but not THAT oily that it should be covered in grease before my third hour classes! Moving on, I would try to reapply but the packaging made that tricky.. I brought it in my purse a few times but if you bump or move the bottle at all all of the powder goes up into the top section through the holes and makes a gigantic mess when you open it up. Then, when I did reapply, it looked cakey and like I was wearing fifty layers of powder, instead of two. I was not happy at all with this product! I wouldn't advise it to people with oily skin or even combination skin, which my skin is at times, though it may work if you have dry skin. I wouldn't know, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by bebelici0usz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this product has no oil control what so ever compared to the MUFE HD loose powder for me. but on the other hand, it did not make my skin all flakey like how the MUFE one did. i liked this product better than i did with the MUFE one tho because it has a bigger jar space where i can easily dip my brush into. im definitely exchanging this product cuz its not worth $34. my face got really super oily using this product.