November 25, 2014 | 1734 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I really didn't like this kit. ELF don't seem to cater for very dark brows (mine are darkest brown, slightly darker than Clinique's Brown/Black brow pencil). Using the Dark brow kit they looked really obvious. Also, the wax and powder are such different shades its a joke. Part of the problem lies in the website colours which are notoriously 'off'.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Ylleknicolr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I don't suggest using the brush that comes with it though. Spring for an angle brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is by no means a bad product, but it's just not for me. I bought it in the shade "Light" a long time ago and just recently dipped into it again to try to use it up, and I remembered why I moved on from this. Now I use Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash, which is my HG brow product.

So I can't help but compare the two when I'm using the Elf brow palette. It has its good points as well as not-so-good, but it stands to reason that the $3.00 product doesn't hold up against the $20 one. That said, I think there are more than a few Elf products that aren't just great for the price, but just outstanding products. To me, Elf's brow kit is just great for the price. So if you're on a budget, definitely give it a whirl. It works great for a lot of people.

I think the concept makes sense. You use the gel for definition, and use the powder to set it and soften the look. What I don't get is that the gel and powder in Light are two very different shades, the gel being much darker. The second thing I don't like (and which happens to be my pet peeve when it comes to brow products) is that the gel color is just too warm. Instead of a neutral brown color, it's got a reddish-orangey tint. It's passable, but just doesn't work the best for me.

The brush in the compact is crap, but that's no surprise. I use the Elf Small Precision Brush to shape and fill in the the gel, then go over it with the powder using the same brush. I feel like I really have to dig into both products with that brush. It's not a case of "a little goes a long way" here. Neither one are very pigmented. The powder is also very dusty and sheer, so it's hard to even get it to stick to anything, but I've been able to make it work.

All in all I get decent-looking brows from this, just not really polished brows like I want. It's still better than nothing. I have to mention that I've got funky brows that I have to totally reshape when I'm doing them, so I have high-maintenance eyebrows. If you have decent eyebrows and just need a little help, this would probably work great for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On any given day, if I'm wearing makeup, I will be wearing this. It is such a staple, and has been for almost a year now. I have it in dark, and it is perfect for my brunette brows. I have always had brows that are thick and nicely shaped and have never had to do more than tidy them up with tweezers, so I have never had thin areas... but as I get older my eyebrows are suddenly more sparse and need a little boost. This stuff gets them back to how they used to be.

The wax is a good consistency and colour, and instead of applying it with the double sided brush provided I use either a brow brush or a small, firm ecotools shadow brush. I then apply the powder using the fluffy end of the double sided brush provided (that end of the brush is very good quality) and it sets the wax and makes the whole look more soft and natural. It does not budge and lasts all day. Even when I got caught out in a drenching torrential rainstorm it did not run.

The packaging is simple, sturdy, looks attractive and has a small mirror which is perfectly useable for doing your brows with. You get plenty of product in the pan. The brush provided is good enough, though as already stated I prefer to use others when applying the wax. It fits easily into any small bag.

When writing reviews I often say that yes, I would buy this again if I ran out, and while I am never exaggerating if I state this, I have to say that this is the one product I absolutely would not be without. It is quality, inexpensive, simple to apply, and when I use it on my brows it gives me a natural yet more put together look - sometimes it is the only cosmetic I apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I kind of love this stuff! I use a different ELF small angled brush though. I have dark brown/black hair and the medium shade worked perfect for me. If I had to complain about anything it'd be the brush that it came with doesn't really grab the powder and also the base is a little waxy so you may need to apply a second layer. But like I said in the beginning, I love it! and its a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by KrazaieAzn

I love this! I use the shade medium. If I use both the gel and the powder my eyebrows look fake. But with a light application with the gel my brows look absolutely amazing. It lasts me a long time to. I have been using the kit everyday for 4 months now. And I'm almost halfway done. If you have a hard time finding a product that works well, try this and you will be amazed! I was!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by softredrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a nice kit! I love the brow cream but, don't use the tan powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Marianaburgos

This product is amazing! I purchased the benefit eye brow duo and this one is by far my favorite (and cheaper !) I have dark eye brows and it fills them in perfectly especially with that brush. I only the wax side first then sometimes the light brown. The pigmentation and last is greAt.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by zoette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a product that will make my naturally blonde brows match my black hair without looking fake and this in dark is the best I've found, easy to use and stays in place all day would highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I've already repurchased this multiple times in the shade Medium. I don't use the powder because it's too brown for my black hair but the wax side is phenomenal. The wax is great at taming my brow hairs and it also gives me just a very nice light grey/taupe tint to my eyebrows. It looks natural and it's cheap. I haven't found my HG eyebrow product yet but I'll always return to this in the meantime.