August 2, 2014 | 1584 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mbdfz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I got it in medium since I have dark hair but this absolutely makes my eyebrows look more put together! Also, it's only $3 at Target so it is very affordable and it can last you for a long time!

It comes with two shades, one darker shade in wax and the lighter one in powder form. I like using the wax because my eyebrows are so difficult to tame! I rarely use the applicator that it came with since I find it too small to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by stuffaboutbeauty

I found this in the medium color which is the only one Target had at the time. It comes in 3 shades: Ash, Light, and Medium... when I run out of this I plan on getting the Light because it might match me better, I like my eyebrow to be a lighter brown than my hair. Anyway I love the wax part especially and I would buy it alone cause it's that good. It makes my eyebrows look very natural instead of like I filled them in. It comes with an applicator and I use it if I'm on the go and it looks fine or when I have time I user a flat angled brush only because it is longer for my hand to hold onto it. I use the powder sometimes too just to be a bit more precise but this is definitely a perfect choice to get and I can believe how cheap the E.L.F. products are.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

I've been using this for over a year and its an okay product. I have very oily skin and by the end of the day this product has disappeared off my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by anchorlily

I've been using this product for the last few years and it's.. okay.

The wax always runs out on me long before the powder. My brow hairs are pretty dense, but do need filling, so I tend to use more of the wax. Not only this, but I feel like the provided brush is very poor quality. The thin brush for the wax is okay but doesn't hold product for long, and the rounded brush for the powder just makes a mess on my face. I had minor success with a denser and harder Maybelline angled brush, which I've recently lost, and for the wax, I switched the provided brush with one of the e.l.f. cream eyeliner brushes, which worked a lot better. Not so bad of problems since I was able to fix them.

My worst issue though is the color. I don't like how much darker the wax is than the powder, especially in the "medium" kit. When applied, the colors are somewhat neutral and thus universally complimentary, but if you need to apply a lot, your brows are going to be super bold and dark without really meaning to. Add in the resulting mess from the poor quality and too-soft brush, and you'll look like you just smeared dirt on your brows, so you have to be very careful. That little patch that needs extra coverage can end up ruining the entire look.

Nonetheless, this is a decent product in which its flaws that are fairly easy to work around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Ash and it's the perfect colour for my super blonde eyebrows. After always watching tutorials I realized how important a little colour and definition can be. I only use the wax side and it matches and makes my brows look polished but natural. I have the NYX one but I'm fond of the packaging on this one plus the little brush for the wax works perfect and it's not messy. Easy to use and it does wonders to just do your eyebrows. Highly Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the most important piece of make-up I use. I'm blonde and very pale and have very light eyebrows. I got this in medium because it was the only option at Target. I like my brows to be darker than my hair so I think the color works great for me. It blends extremely well so even if you put too much on you can easily blend it in. Magically it also stays very well if you put the powder on top. I will buy this for as long as it's available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

My HG for brows, finally! This is so easy to control. I no longer worry about the "filled on brow look" because this looks so natural!!!! Since it's a gel and powder, it blends in so much better than pencil or even the Aqua Brow I was using (was too thick for my liking.) the price is easy on the wallet, packaging is small and out of the way. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is a review for the kit in shade "dark".

A bit of background - I am Asian, with yellow toned skin around NC25 and black hair. While my brow hairs are pure black, they are also a bit sparse and there is a weird bald spot on the arch. They look ok in person without any product (minus the weird bald spot) but will attempt to disappear in flash photography. I mainly use brow products to fill in the bald spot and make the tail a little longer; they're not so sparse I need to draw them on and not so unruly that I really need a gel.

Of the two sides in the kit, I only really ever use the wax. In the "dark" shade, the wax appears almost black in the pan, but once applied with a brush will appear more warm and brown. It is not a great shade match for me, like many Asians my brow hairs are more gray/ashy, and when I look closely I can see that the parts where I have filled in with wax is a warmer shade than my actual hair. However, because I don't use a whole lot, it's really not that noticeable, a cursory glance into the mirror does not draw any attention to my eyebrows, and nobody has commented that my brows are a different colour from my (pure black, undyed) hair unless I ask them to look really closely. In hindsight, the shade "ash" might have worked better for me, but I was young and naive and thought "my hair is black! Black is as dark as it gets, I order the dark fo sho". (I also used to avoid yellow-toned foundations because I thought they would make me Simpson-like combined with my natural yellow undertones, and needless to say yellow undertone + pink toned foundation = not good. I have learned, thank you MUA.)

I have only used the powder a few times and find it invariably too harsh. It's quite pigmented, and a lot more reddish/warm-toned than the wax, the few times I did try it always ended in red cartoon eyebrows so I threw away the powder side when I depotted the wax.

I apply the wax with an angled liner brush. I find the $2 essence gel eyeliner brush surprisingly good for this, it's stiffer than I would like for actual eyeliner, but perfect for grabbing the harder wax and the unique purple hairs mean I don't worry about mixing it up with the other angled brushes I do use for eyeliner. I do regret throwing away the duo ended applicator brush that came with the kit, the powder end was crap but the angled liner end worked just fine for the method I use on my brows. A regular-sized brush is easier of course, but I wish I hadn't depotted it and just kept the whole kit for when I travel.

Lasting power (when using wax-only like I do) is not very good. After 3-4 hours I can see the edges get blurry, and after 5-6 hours I can see my bald spot again. If I accidentally touch my brows during the day (I have an unfortunate habit of rubbing my face when I'm tired) they are as good as gone.

Overall, it's a surprisingly good kit considering how cheap it is. But if you have sparse brows and use a heavy hand while applying, note that the "dark" shade definitely leans reddish brown and the heavier you apply the more reddish it will look.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Partyanimal0503

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Lorax99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried a few things here and there for defining and shaping my eyebrows. I found the E.L.F Eyebrow Kit at Target one day and figured the price was worth a shot.
It has been the ONLY eyebrow makeup I have ever bought more then once. The only thing I don't like about it is the gel will run out a lot faster then the powder. However, I have started to use the powder to contour. works great for down the sides of the nose, or even under cheek bones.
I am also a licensed cosmo and makeup artist. I don't tell my clients that I use $3 eyebrow makeup on them. THEY WILL NEVER KNOW (mwahahaha)
Unless they read this...