August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

Super affordable. Simple and sleek packaging. Definitely does not deliver the "natural" look. Very harsh, even when applied with a light hand. This is probably great for those who wears dark, strong makeup or prefers their brows extremely defined and dark. I do like using the light colored powder side to create a soft look, but it is impossible to do so with the brow wax. Would not repurchase because I like soft looking brows and these do not give me such results. But nonetheless a great inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I just bought this in Taupe (no red undertones thank goodness) and really love the color on me. My eyebrows are terrible from the over plucking syndrome ;) ...This stuff really does the trick in filling them in, laying them down and staying put. Overall I'm very happy with my $3.00 purchase and if I ever run out, will certainly purchase again. I also threw out the little brush that came with it and use a stiff angled brush instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I'm really glad I spent the whopping $3 on this stuff because it is perfect for my needs. I have really sparse brows that were overplucked in highschool and never fully recovered so filling my brows is a must and I don't leave the house without doing so. I purchased this in medium brown and it matches my hair very well. I spent less time on my brows than I did when using pencils/powders. I didn't bother with the included brush because it's pretty much useless, but I used a gel eyeliner angled brush (tokidoki from sephora) and I was able to achieve the perfect shape! It took a little blending to get the colour/thickness right. The consistency is great. I don't really know how much the powder side of it does but overall, I'm really happy with this product and will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Ash and AHHH finally a brow filler that's color works with my light blonde hair. Although it's a TAD dark it still works great. No orangy-red tones like most blonde eyebrow fillers. The brush that comes with it works just fine but I prefer the regular e.l.f angled brush just because it's easier to hold on to. I use the powder to outline lightly and fill in my brows and I use the gel to fill in any gaps. I actually like to use the brush it comes with for the gel as it just has a little more precision. Then I use a spooly to comb through them. I wish this was a little more long lasting but other than that a great product especially for the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't make this work for me. I do my brows everyday because they are short and sparse. I usually use Shu's brow pencil in Seal Brown and I've been using the pencil for years. I bought the Shu pencil several years ago and I am still on the original. I sometimes use Anastasia's brow wiz in Medium Ash.

I got the ELF brow kit in Medium because it looked like it matched my hair color the best. I am Asian with hair that is naturally more brown than black, especially in the sunlight. I thought Medium would be a match in this case but I found it incredibly dark.

I couldn't get the right method for applying the gel. It was hard to control the amount of product I was applying. Sometimes I used the included brush, usually I used a different angled brush. Too little on the brush meant I had to repeatedly dip into the product. Too much product meant very dark and harsh looking brows for the day. Using this kit pretty much doubled or tripled the amount of time I would normally spend on my brows and usually left me pretty dissatisfied with the results.

Plus it felt heavy on my brows. Heavy and waxy.

The price is right but no, I would not purchase this again. I'd rather save my pennies for Shu or Anastasia.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by SparklyMissSunshine

This is a pretty good eyebrow kit. The applicator is quite unfortunate, but I the product itself is very good when you use a gel eyeliner brush. Just be careful you don't use too much, as the product gets grayish looking when you apply too much. Only use what you need, and don't try to fix what's not broken. What I mean by this is when your brows look the way you like then, don't go to the next step and try to make them identical. Eyebrows should be sisters, not twins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I have black colored eyebrows and I use the Light kit. As, Medium and Dark looked way too dark. And, I didn't want to take the chance of my eyebrows ending up looking like Groucho Marx. This product works pretty well and I definitely will continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by xonicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Am I the only who has noticed that the powder is an exact dupe of Urban Decay's Naked, Buck? No? OK good.

I love the wax, because it has many uses. The wax gives my brows the sharp arch I like, and shapes them into place. If primed and set with a powder, it will stay put throughout the day. Because of the creamy consistency, it works well as a base for brown eye shadows, also. If you're fair skinned and prefer brown eyeliner, it can also be used to line the top lash line. The pan of wax alone is worth $3.00.

I don't use the powder on my eyebrows. It's really pigmented which makes it noticeably too light. DUPE ALERT: It's an exact dupe for the shade Buck from the Urban Decay Naked palette. Though I don't use it on my brows, I do use it to blend out eye shadow's harsh edges. In its place, I use a dark brown matte eyeshadow from the BHCosmetics 120 color eyeshadow palette.

Surprisingly, I actually like the brush that comes with it. The brush is doubled ended, there is an angled side, and there is a fluffy side. I use the angled side to outline the shape of the brow and fill in the sparse areas. With the fluffy side, I go in with a brown shadow to set the wax. It's really convenient when you're on-the-go, and there's no other brushes within reach.

11/15:

Best $3 I've ever spent. I have dark brown hair, so I purchased the shade "Medium". Which is the perfect color for us dark haired girls. This eyebrow kit gives my brows LIFE. I have sparse, thin, untamable brows that go every which way. This does my eyebrows wonder.

I only use the wax side. There's nothing wrong with the powder, I just prefer using a dark brown eye shadow from my BHCosmetics 120 color palette.

Back to the wax.. I'd pay $3 for the wax alone. It gets me the nice, sharp, groomed eyebrows I like. First, I outline my eyebrows with the gel/wax using the angled side of the brush. Then, I go in again and fill in the sparse areas. When I'm done applying the wax I go in with a dark brown eyeshadow to set the gel.

The thing I love the most is, I don't have to go in with a concealer to sharpen the edges. The wax does it for me.

I took off a lippie, because the powder is useless. Other than that, kudos to E.L.F.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mbdfz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I got it in medium since I have dark hair but this absolutely makes my eyebrows look more put together! Also, it's only $3 at Target so it is very affordable and it can last you for a long time!

It comes with two shades, one darker shade in wax and the lighter one in powder form. I like using the wax because my eyebrows are so difficult to tame! I rarely use the applicator that it came with since I find it too small to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by stuffaboutbeauty

I found this in the medium color which is the only one Target had at the time. It comes in 3 shades: Ash, Light, and Medium... when I run out of this I plan on getting the Light because it might match me better, I like my eyebrow to be a lighter brown than my hair. Anyway I love the wax part especially and I would buy it alone cause it's that good. It makes my eyebrows look very natural instead of like I filled them in. It comes with an applicator and I use it if I'm on the go and it looks fine or when I have time I user a flat angled brush only because it is longer for my hand to hold onto it. I use the powder sometimes too just to be a bit more precise but this is definitely a perfect choice to get and I can believe how cheap the E.L.F. products are.