April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by TinkR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The lightest color was extremely dark on me, I looked like I was wearing a mask even though I applied lightly. I also became extremely shiny within 2 hours. It just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by blondedarkness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is My HG Powder, I cant live without this stuff, I have oily skin and this is perfect when applied over my Rimmel lasting foundation and maybelling stick concealer...it makes my skin look super flawless almost airbrushed when appllied with a foundation brush and its the perect color for my skintone.I dont even mind the sponge, I use it at the beggining of my application, but I finish of with a brush anyway.This powder is amazing for touchups throughout the day and the pakaging is adorable ;) The price is great and my color is always in stock, my skintone is a mixture between medium beige and pale, and each powder I tried was either too light or too dark and this is perfect. I will repurchase over an over.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by pulaonyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if it's just me or not, but all Cover Girl powders have this awful, yucky smell to them. The powder is heavy, cakey and the smell (even after you put it on) will absolutely not go away. I don't know what they put in it and they really need to stop. Even their "fragrance free" powders smell bad. Definitely not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

What a sorry excuse for a pressed powder. It was dry, cheap and cakey. Coverage was horrible. Will never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the dead of winter (well actually it was April/May I think, but it's Canada and my skin was still its winter shade) one year, so the shade I got, Creamy Natural, isn't quite right for me right now; right now, my skin is fading from its summer shade of NC35.

This foundation would stand out a little anyway, because it catches on every flake and even every lack of flake (my skin's too oily to be this flaky!) and looks really caky. I think what's happening is that it's just catching on invisible hairs or something!

The odd thing about the little sponge, which is unwieldy because it's too small and isn't very nice anyway, is that on the back, it gives you washing instructions! Who washes a cheap sponge? You'd think they'd buy another one instead...

In terms of oil, I don't get the feeling that it's helped; CG's Fresh Look Pressed Powder is much more helpful. It does provide a fair amount of coverage, though it's not the best. I don't think it's ever caused me to break out or anything, at least.

Right now it's the lighter of the 2 foundations I have, so I'm wearing it anyway.

ETA: have started applying it with a brush and it looks really natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sarah_18

PORE CLOGGER! I really wanted to like this product after reading some fantastic reviews here at MUA. So I just went out and bought it and after using it today, I've already noticed some breaknouts from clogged pores. This never happens when I use my usual CG Clean foundations/powders. I must admit, the coveraged looked beautiful and natural when I first applied it. However, It didn't control any of my T zone shine like the Clean makeup line did; my face was shiny again in less than 2 hours :( ... but the main problem is the pore clogging, so needless to say, won't be buying this one again (wasted $7!!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I really think this product stands up very well to other more expensive powder foundations like MAC. It definitely doesn't turn into an oil slick on my face like MAC studio fix did. The colors must be darker than one would expect. Ivory works for me but usually this color would be too light or pink. This powder really lasts. I use a brush to put it on and buff it. The look used this way is a lot more glowy. I like this and Fresh Look powder because they have some reflective quality that tends to make my face look fuller, which I need. It sounds strange, but people have actually commented on it. My face is thin, anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by fsjimenez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not bad for a drugstore brand. I have used Studiofix, Shisheido and Lancome and was looking for a cheaper brand to switch to for a powder foundation so I tried this. It's far from the greatest product - packaging looks cheap (bright blue?!) , it doesn't last very long and the sponge provided disintegrates but it provides decent coverage and kept my usually oily skin shine free for at least a few hours. Got it at the drugstore for about 6 bucks so I really can't complain much about it being mediocre.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2006 3:11:00 AM More reviews by GLAMOURjunki21

okay...the reviewer below needs to chill about this powder..serisly its not that bad. its just okay, theres nothing to wrong about it or to great its just simply a powder with nice color that u have to touch up evry couple of hours i\t looks fine though and if your on a budget this is good stuff but if your really oily then you might need something a little stonger this is really light but the coverage is really nice for a powder and i like the way you apply it with the sponge its easier to clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Midnight_Temptress

Ugh! WHY do I keep bothering with Cover Girl?!? This foundation is just another example of the crap that continues to flow from the factories (where they put in all the junk listed on the back of the package). I hate this stuff- it's pure shit. The color was O.K. (I don't feel like digging through the trash to find out the exact name, but suffice to say it was the palest one they had) but I was shiny again in like, an hour. Worse, the makeup looked all cakey, so you could tell I was wearing makeup. What really ticked me off was the package. First of all, blue is my least favorite color (this is just opinion, though.) What's more, the top piece kept snapping off, and the last time I tried to put it back on, it broke in two. The powder itself got a little crack in it after just a few uses, and broke in half, out of the pan, and into my lap, where it proceeded to get poweder all over my clothes. AnNoYiNg!!! I will never, ever, buy this crap or anything of CoverGirl's again. (See also, my reviews for CG Eye Enhancers and Pressed Powder for more examples of CG suckage. ^__^)